Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bucs Post Game Reaction (Merge)

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard needs to wise up and invest in a quality WR and TE via free agency and/or the draft. We don’t have a Manning or Brady to make the WRs better, they just need to have a high floor right off college or in free agency.

Do you think he’d go either position with the 2nd pick?  We definitely need another playmaker.   Not a lot of cap for a FA, but the lid should go up.  

We’ll probably go BPA out of CB, FS, or WR.  

Way too early to think about it.  

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Do you think he’d go either position with the 2nd pick?  We definitely need another playmaker.   Not a lot of cap for a FA, but the lid should go up.  

We’ll probably go BPA out of CB, FS, or WR.  

Way too early to think about it.  

I think we need to go big in FA and draft high.

19 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

It’s not embarrassing…they literally couldn’t stop it. The offense turned the ball over 3 critical times. Two of which were not as a result of an INT! That’s on the players period…not on the passing.

3 passing game turnovers

how many run game turnovers?

20 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Guess what it’s the nfl. Where every game is different and whacky things happen. Fans expect teams to be perfect all the time and it doesn’t happen.

We don't expect perfection, but we expect the HC to learn from his mistakes.

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

It just hurts that we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot. Baltimore, Tennesse game 2 and now today. We’re deffintely a talented team but we find ways to lose. Wentz played great today. The long pick to Pittman was a bad throw though. 

Sounds like a coaching issue

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And a ton of AFC teams play each other. This loss really wasn't that big a blow. Now if we lose to the Raiders or Patriots, then we have a problem.

this team cant beat good teams  the patriots cardinals and raiders games are gonna be tough .  we have to go 4-1 to have a chance i dont see that happening colts will go 9-8  

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

It just hurts that we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot. Baltimore, Tennesse game 2 and now today. We’re deffintely a talented team but we find ways to lose. Wentz played great today. The long pick to Pittman was a bad throw though. 

It was not,  it was great play by Winfield.  Sometimes the other team wins.

25 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Maybe, or the fact his head coach won’t use the MVP candidate RB he drafted. The D held the goat and Super Bowl champs, it was turnover after turnover, in the passing game. Trying to excuse the play calling is not a good choice. It’s inexcusable.

I'm not excusing the play calling or turnovers, but they did still score 31 points and Tampa had fairly long fields on 2 of the 3 turnovers.  It was a tie game with a few minutes remaining.  D could have gotten them off the field.

The defense is garbage, and of course it is, because we're the Colts.  

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Did Reich call the defensive plays or did TB call winning offensive plays?. Stop blaming Reich for every loss it only makes you look foolish.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What happens every time we go pass happy?

Asking for a friend.

I’m the friend. 

Go ahead. Tell me what happens. 

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I'm not excusing the play calling or turnovers, but they did still score 31 points and Tampa had fairly long fields on 2 of the 3 turnovers.

You can’t have five turnovers (yes I know one doesn’t really count) and win but I agree this defense, especially the pass defense is just simply bad.  It’s both players and scheme.  Some of it is injury (I am honestly a little shocked the back ups have held up as well as they have at safety) some of it is talent, Rhodes, Carrie, Ya-sin just aren’t good enough.  Then some of it is the Colts just flat out refuse to take away underneath passes and we saw today QBs like Brady will just beat you all day with it.

That said, knowing they are going to run to set up a field goal and giving up 28  yard rush for a TD is unacceptable unless that was called to let them score (which it didn’t look like) because you assumed they would have converted the kick anyway.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich didn’t fail to pass protect when we were about to go up by 17. When are fans going to start blaming players. It’s not always the coach.

He didn’t run at all. The edge rushers had their ears pinned back, they didn’t have to worry about a run. Goodness gracious it’s mind boggling. Hines muff is on Hines, the Pittman interception was a great play, the PI’s were questionable….not running for 20 some plays is inexcusable. Frank extended the game & was the Bucs best run defender. He hampered the Colts, end of discussion…

wait a few hours and some podcast will tell you that, then you change change your stance.

Don’t be so hard on Frank Reich, people.
Reich is fantastic. Just need to work on play calling, in game adjustments, game planning, handling criticism, focus and execution, performance and results vs above 0.500 teams, responsibility and accountability, learning from own mistakes, situational awareness.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich didn’t fail to pass protect when we were about to go up by 17. When are fans going to start blaming players. It’s not always the coach.

discipline its part of coaching .  when bad coached teams find ways to lose tight games .   up 10 in the redzone frank should of ran the ball more .  he knew their pass rush was good and leaves fisher who is struggling one on one with a elite pass rusher .

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

this team cant beat good teams  the patriots cardinals and raiders games are gonna be tough .  we have to go 4-1 to have a chance i dont see that happening colts will go 9-8  

So the bills are not a good team? We turned the ball over 5 times and only lost by 7. That doesn't happened. We could have won this game. You're acting like Brady threw for 400 yards and 5 tds.

TBH, it doesn't matter what happens in games.  Things happen.  But when your coach is consistently part of the reason then that's a problem.  You don't hear good coaches being part of the reason often.  Usually it's a player missing an assignment, or something happening like a fumble or freak play.  You don't hear good coaches often being one of the reason why their team lost.

When TB was losing, it was because they were getting outplayed.  When we started losing, guess what, we didn't run the ball not once.  Whether that was the deciding factor or not, it doesn't matter.  Our coach cannot continue to be in the discussion of why we lost a game.  It just cannot happen.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am just said Wentz didn’t get the win. He played really well. 

Wentz has certainly exceeded my expectations, but when you lose and are .500, people will only focus on your few negative plays.  Life as a QB.

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Taylor ran 8 times in the 1H, and kept the D at least honest. He should have got edge runs, but Frank failed to adjust and ran him into a 5 man double A-gap run rush. 

Anyone with any sense of honest logic combined with basic football sense knows you don't abandon the run when up two scores when you have one of the best RBs in the league. It wasn't magic that running the ball worked in the 4th. 

Someone said it was 28 passes. It was beyond extreme. It was extreme dumb.

I did not see any edge runs on that last TD drive.  In fact, between Mack and JT, I haven't seen many edge runs since Ballard got here.

22 to 28 consecutive passes is bad playcalling.  

The third quarter is not the time to change the successful first half game plan, but it should have been changed sooner than the last drive, IMO.

But in the end, the offense proves that it can score 31 to 41 to 31 points by passing or running depending upon the defense,

I do not expect the offense to score or move the ball every series.  The offense is good enough to overcome wonky play calling at times.

Our defense has to do a better job of not letting the other team score 34 and 37 points.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It's hard to pass protect when you throw the ball +20 straight times.  Any OL that can do that is ELITE.  You're asking a lot of our OL. 

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm not excusing the play calling or turnovers, but they did still score 31 points and Tampa had fairly long fields on 2 of the 3 turnovers.  It was a tie game with a few minutes remaining.  D could have gotten them off the field.

Ok, the D is garbage so let’s not run the ball and try to control TOP, makes sense. Try to slice it however you want.

28 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Guess what it’s the nfl. Where every game is different and whacky things happen. Fans expect teams to be perfect all the time and it doesn’t happen.

Which is why it’s silly to me when, before this game, we had people talking about us only losing one more game the rest of the way.

We are wayyyyy too inconsistent  to win out from here on out.

I guess the media is really dumb too....

Frank getting peppered with questions about not running JT more..

And said normally someone tells him if they aren't running it enough lol... 

Just now, smittywerb said:

It's hard to pass protect when you throw the ball +20 straight times.  Any OL that can do that is ELITE.  You're asking a lot of our OL. 

Not to mention it allows the DL to pin their ears back

Archived