Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could be in the driving seat to make the playoffs

CR91

Doing a few worse case scenarios on playoff machine I am feeling better about the Colts making it to *.  

There is actually a not so far fetched scenario of them being 8-9 and getting in. 

Us loosing to Tampa, New England, Cardinals, Raiders (or Jags in week 18 instead of losing to Raiders in 17)

The closer we get to 10 wins if we win only the afc games left we are in.

Interesting year and lots of hope this year after the crappy start.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So Titans have no weapons. They have no RB and their two top WR are on injured reserve. Colts just need to take care of business here and the division could still be theirs.

Colts would have to win out and TN lose 3. Or some combo of +3 in the next 6 weeks.

Sure it's mathematically possible, but probability of that right now is 8%.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Colts would have to win out and TN lose 3. Or some combo of +3 in the next 6 weeks.

Sure it's mathematically possible, but probability of that right now is 8%.

Like I said this it up to the Colts because I don’t think Titans are going to keep winning.  So can the colts keep winning. They can probably lose one more game. Beat  Bucs and Titans lose to NE and this is a race.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Like I said this it up to the Colts because I don’t think Titans are going to keep winning.  So can the colts keep winning. They can probably lose one more game. Beat  Bucs and Titans lose to NE and this is a race.

Love for it to happen. I just don't see them losing 3 or more combined with us winning out.

Bad game plans vs them are really haunting us right now. Had we taken one of those games, we'd be be winning the AFCS now (have tie breaker conf wins).

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Love for it to happen. I just don't see them losing 3 or more combined with us winning out.

Bad game plans vs them are really haunting us right now. Had we taken one of those games, we'd be be winning the AFCS now (have tie breaker conf wins).

Next two games for the colts are huge. Then we will see where it all shakes out. TN has 3 pretty tough games left. They have also proven they can lose to anyone. 

42 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Next two games for the colts are huge. Then we will see where it all shakes out. TN has 3 pretty tough games left. They have also proven they can lose to anyone. 

For now let's see if we beat the bucs. If we do I see no reason why we can't run the table. 

I said it in another forum at the beginning of the year.  

health and depth were going to the be the most important factors for teams this year.  And luckily, this team is getting healthy and our depth is solid for the most part.  It’s about endurance now.  If we can stay healthy and hold out well Make the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

So Titans have no weapons. They have no RB and their two top WR are on injured reserve. Colts just need to take care of business here and the division could still be theirs.

The Titans' injury concerns can be good and bad for us at the same time. Yes, it may give us some chances to win the division (still unlikely, though), but on the other hand the Titans will lose in this condition against the Patriots and the Steelers, who are fighting for the wildcard spot.

If we can just make the playoffs I think we can beat anyone. No team in the NFL scares  me. Colts have proved they can play with the best. They just had unfortunate circumstances to start the season.

Also I actually think we play  better on the road. This team is built to play on the road.

Also we complained about the late bye week. This may help us. We had so many injuries early we are very healthy right now. 

2 hours ago, Art_Vandelay said:

The Titans' injury concerns can be good and bad for us at the same time. Yes, it may give us some chances to win the division (still unlikely, though), but on the other hand the Titans will lose in this condition against the Patriots and the Steelers, who are fighting for the wildcard spot.

Yep. It’s a double edge sword. Bottom line is colts just need to take care of business and they should make the playoffs. What ever seed that is it doesn’t matter because they play well on the toad and no team scares me. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Titans could easily lose their remaining games. Think of it. No Henry, Brown or Julio. That would b like the Colts without Taylor, Pittman and Hilton.  How many games u think the Colts win in that scenario?

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Titans could easily lose their remaining games. Think of it. No Henry, Brown or Julio. That would b like the Colts without Taylor, Pittman and Hilton.  How many games u think the Colts win in that scenario?

Could, but doubt it. And Jones will likely be back. He went to IR two weeks ago with a hammy. Vrabel also said there's a chance Henry could be back late.

Anyway, the loss of the WRs are not near as bad for TN as you think. Tannehill has done well without starts at the position for a while now. With Henry out, that might be harder. But they still should beat Houston and Jax.

Like I said, they could could certainly lose enough and fall out the div lead, it's just not likely at this point. And that assumes we're near perfect to wrap up the year.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, Myles said:

I think that yesterday was a pretty big blow to the Colts chances.   The Raiders and Bills winning really stunk.  

I agree

Looking at it, and with all the variables still open, I believe we can lose ONE game the rest of the year and feel confident of a playoff spot (As long as its not a loss to an AFC team)

If we lose TWO (to the NFC teams) we are 50/50 at best

I am happy we are turning it around, but I am not counting on a playoff spot this year

Lastly

I fear that we would be chewed up by a balanced offense with an accurate passer, until we consistently step up pass rush as well as FS play

Lets just win today..... see what happens

Archived