Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could be in the driving seat to make the playoffs


CR91
 Share

Recommended Posts

A lot of AFC potential playoff teams play each other.

 

Steelers vs Bengals

Steelers vs Ravens 2x

Steelers vs Browns

Steelers vs Chiefs

Bills vs Pats 2x

Titans vs Pats

Raiders vs Browns, Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs

Broncos vs Chargers 2x

Broncos vs Chiefs 2x

Broncos vs Bengals

Browns vs Ravens 2x

Browns vs Bengals

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Division is not out of question either. Titans won’t have Brown or Julio. Pats are going to beat them I bet. Win against Bucs and this division is going to go down to the wire. Which means a number one or two seed isn’t out of the question either. 

 

Don't forget only the #1 seed gets a bye this year.   The AFC playoff contenders this year are so close that I don't see a significant advantage to higher seeds (#2, #3, #4) other than home field advantage.  I imagine the three first round games will all be very competitive regardless of seeding unless there are significant injuries/covid issues for a team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

 

Don't forget only the #1 seed gets a bye this year.   The AFC playoff contenders this year are so close that I don't see a significant advantage to higher seeds (#2, #3, #4) other than home field advantage.  I imagine the three first round games will all be very competitive regardless of seeding unless there are significant injuries/covid issues for a team.

i think home field is really important. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Division is not out of question either. Titans won’t have Brown or Julio. Pats are going to beat them I bet. Win against Bucs and this division is going to go down to the wire. Which means a number one or two seed isn’t out of the question either. 

 

Titans would have to go 2-4. You really see that happening

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Titans would have to go 2-4. You really see that happening

without henry and julio out it could .  tannehill has played horrible without henry only reason they beat the rams was because of the defense .   titans are so beat up right now on both sides of the ball .  i could see them getting beat by the jags steelers patriots and 49ers who are getting red hot blowing out the rams and back to 5-5 .

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think that yesterday was a pretty big blow to the Colts chances.   The Raiders and Bills winning really stunk.  

bills still got buccs and patriots twice raiders have a rough schedule and play us .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last couple weeks of the season in the AFC are guaranteed to be nuts. I believe we get in. I don’t think the Raiders, Browns, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Bengals are that good. 

 

 

Ravens, Titans, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots, Colts I believe will get in. Not sure about the 7th team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

A lot of AFC potential playoff teams play each other.

 

Steelers vs Bengals

Steelers vs Ravens 2x

Steelers vs Browns

Steelers vs Chiefs

Bills vs Pats 2x

Titans vs Pats

Raiders vs Browns, Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs

Broncos vs Chargers 2x

Broncos vs Chiefs 2x

Broncos vs Bengals

Browns vs Ravens 2x

Browns vs Bengals


I was told there would be no math in this website!        :giveup:

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I won’t let myself look that far down the road. A loss this weekend and we’re just a 6-6 team with just 5 games left. 
 

The safest and best mindset is what the Colts have embraced….    Go 1-0 this week. 
 

That's it.   Stay hyper-focused.   Worry only about what you can control and nothing else. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I won’t let myself look that far down the road. A loss this weekend and we’re just a 6-6 team with just 5 games left. 
 

The safest and best mindset is what the Colts have embraced….    Go 1-0 this week. 
 

That's it.   Stay hyper-focused.   Worry only about what you can control and nothing else. 

 

Very true, but the colts also need help and with so many AFC teams still to play each other that is gonna become a huge factor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The last couple weeks of the season in the AFC are guaranteed to be nuts. I believe we get in. I don’t think the Raiders, Browns, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Bengals are that good. 

 

 

Ravens, Titans, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots, Colts I believe will get in. Not sure about the 7th team.

 

I wouldn't look past the Bengals and Chargers. Their both young teams, but their quickly on the rise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think that yesterday was a pretty big blow to the Colts chances.   The Raiders and Bills winning really stunk.  

I don’t think it said much about the Bills or Raiders . Cowboys had their two top WR out. Assistant coaches out with covid. Saints have no QB and both their running backs were out. Neither of these games surprised me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Very true, but the colts also need help and with so many AFC teams still to play each other that is gonna become a huge factor.


Yes….  100 percent.    And it’s because we need so much help from other teams, all the more reason to stay focused on the Colts.

 

My head would hurt trying to follow the math that would change every week depending on who wins and who loses.    It’s not that I don’t care about other teams and games, it’s that it’s just much easier to just stay focused on the Colts.    If we win, we’re good. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

With no Brown, Julio, and Henry. Yes I can see it. I think injuries are going to start catching up with them. They have 3 pretty tough games left and we know they can lose to anyone.

 

True, but the titans just always seem to find a way to win even when they're supposed to lose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think it said much about the Bills or Raiders . Cowboys had their two top WR out. Assistant coaches out with covid. Saints have no QB and both their running backs were out. Neither of these games surprised me.

May not have said much about them, I was more referring to them being 2 of the teams we are fighting for a playoff spot with.   Had they both lost, the Colts would be in much better position.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

So we might not suck after all???

 

Jokes aside, great win last week and if they can beat Tampa our boys will be gaining steam heading towards the end of the season.

A win over Tampa would be a huge confidence builder.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Myles said:

A win over Tampa would be a huge confidence builder.   

Yeah man. A couple quality wins back to back. Then Hou and a bye... We could be in great shape late in the season.

 

Still a long way to go obviously, but it'll be a great way to end the season after a terrible start. I'm still not saying playoffs because I'm one of those people that will hold lower expectations so I don't get disappointed in the end.. Lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

without henry and julio out it could .  tannehill has played horrible without henry only reason they beat the rams was because of the defense .   titans are so beat up right now on both sides of the ball .  i could see them getting beat by the jags steelers patriots and 49ers who are getting red hot blowing out the rams and back to 5-5 .

bills still got buccs and patriots twice raiders have a rough schedule and play us .

 

Dont the bills o ly have to lose one game for us to take the tie breaker? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Titans would have to go 2-4. You really see that happening

  Actually, if the Colts win out (not likely but who knows), and the Titans lose 3, that would put them a game behind us and we would win the Division.

     It’s an unlikely scenario but possible since the Titans play the Pats, Steelers and 49ers who are getting healthy.

  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Titans would have to go 2-4. You really see that happening

The way they have narrowly won games without looking that impressive I could see it happening. Plus they seem to play down to competition so the Jags and Dolphin games aren’t gimme games by any means. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The way they have narrowly won games without looking that impressive I could see it happening. Plus they seem to play down to competition so the Jags and Dolphin games aren’t gimme games by any means. 

They also have to play pats, Steelers, SF. SF is apt  like the colts. They are getting hotter as the season goes on. Granted colts probably have to win out OT maybe lose only one more so chances are great but it’s still doable. I think it’s going to come down to what the colts do because I do feel Titans are going to have issues going down the stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

I wouldn't look past the Bengals and Chargers. Their both young teams, but their quickly on the rise.

They absolutely are on the rise. Without really looking at their respective schedules I feel that teams in the West and North will beat each other up and hand each other losses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think even if we lose tomorrow, our chances of making of the playoffs are still around 50%. I have looked at the other teams schedules is why. We need to beat the Raiders and Pats regardless that is what it is going to come down too assuming we do win at Houston and at Jacks. Beating AFC teams is a gigantic key because of tie breakers, it started last week at Buffalo and we got that one. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Myles said:

I think that yesterday was a pretty big blow to the Colts chances.   The Raiders and Bills winning really stunk.  


I never expected the Bills to lose that one at any point this season so that one is what it is. 
 

The Cowboys seeming to have suddenly lost the plot has done plenty to hurt us in the last month with the losses to the AFC West they’ve put up. :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think even if we lose tomorrow, our chances of making of the playoffs are still around 50%. I have looked at the other teams schedules is why. We need to beat the Raiders and Pats regardless that is what it is going to come down too assuming we do win at Houston and at Jacks. Beating AFC teams is a gigantic key because of tie breakers, it started last week at Buffalo and we got that one. 

I see us losing to the Bucs and Pats and winning every other game. Those two games just seem like bad matchups to me. I think we'll end up at 10-7 and it'll be up to tiebreakers whether we make it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

yea but we still have to win against the bucs

We really don't if you look at the long run, Bills are going to at least lose 2 more games, they play the Pats twice. They aren't sweeping them and they also play at Tampa Bay late in the season. They will at least lose 2 more game at worse, maybe 3 more because of their inconsistent play. I have looked at all the teams schedules and 11-6 will get us in easily, 10-7 is around 50% which is still good odds. Bengals, Steelers, and Browns all have tough schedules too. Raiders are 6-5 like us but we still play them, we beat them, advantage us and the Raiders still have to play at KC and Chargers - they are toast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We really don't if you look at the long run, Bills are going to at least lose 2 more games, they play the Pats twice. They aren't sweeping them and they also play at Tampa Bay late in the season. They will at least lose 2 more game at worse, maybe 3 more because of their inconsistent play. I have looked at all the teams schedules and 11-6 will get us in easily, 10-7 is around 50% which is still good odds. Bengals, Steelers, and Browns all have tough schedules too. Raiders are 6-5 like us but we still play them, we beat them, advantage us and the Raiders still have to play at KC and Chargers - they are toast.

you are right in the long run but if we can just beat the bucs tomorrow we are basically in the playoffs after we beat the texans the next week  at 8-5  then we can lose to the pats and cardinals and still be fine .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you are right in the long run but if we can just beat the bucs tomorrow we are basically in the playoffs after we beat the texans the next week  at 8-5  then we can lose to the pats and cardinals and still be fine .

Yeah a win against the Bucs would be gigantic I agree. Even from a confidence level, yes if we get to 8-5 it will look very good. I still think that Pats game is huge though. We should beat the Raiders but you never know. Fun times haha 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


Yes….  100 percent.    And it’s because we need so much help from other teams, all the more reason to stay focused on the Colts.

 

My head would hurt trying to follow the math that would change every week depending on who wins and who loses.    It’s not that I don’t care about other teams and games, it’s that it’s just much easier to just stay focused on the Colts.    If we win, we’re good. 

Yeah, imagine following all the other matchups and standings and competitive divisions in football every week...as a fan that would absolutely suck, just downright miserable having meaningful games every week, and over multiple days every week even!  Horribly distracting.....

 

Lol ... Just playing, but the implied seriousness of posts like these always get me.  It takes all types of fans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...