• Opponent by 7-13
    • Opponent by 14-20
    • Opponent by 21 or more
  2. 2. Who has more passing yards?

3. 3. Who has more rushing yards?

4. 4. Which QB will get sacked more?

5. 5. Which D gets more turnovers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2021 at 06:00 PM

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hope they have the medical crew ready lol... 

Of all the special things to do during a big game with Brady coming to town... lol

It is cool to have relevant games late in November going into December. Tommy is in town and it is a big ticket. We normally do most years. To the teams fanbase that don't normally or don't this year, that has to suck. Really since 2002 we have been pretty spoiled with a SB win in 2006, that is going back 20 seasons. We have only missed the playoffs in 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019 in that time frame meaning if we make it in this year, that is 75% of the time over 2 decades. I think we get in at a 6th or 7th. We may even lose today but I still like our chances if we do.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is cool to have relevant games late in November going into December. Tommy is in town and it is a big ticket. We normally do most years. To the teams fanbase that don't normally or don't this year, that has to suck. Really since 2002 we have been pretty spoiled with a SB win in 2006, that is going back 20 seasons. We have only missed the playoffs in 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019 in that time frame meaning if we make it in this year, that is 75% of the time over 2 decades. I think we get in at a 6th or 7th. We may even lose today but I still like our chances if we do.

We were spoiled during the Manning years. Not so much during the Luck years.

As far as the Brady vs Colts history, we're on the wrong end. Especially the Luck years (zero wins vs Brady).

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Turay.....injury history in college

Lewis.....Dend converted to DT then back to DT

Blackmon....torn ACL

Dayo.....torn Achilles

Turay played in 44 games during his 4 year college career. He had shoulder surgery before his 3rd season, and that's not really a "risky" injury like a major leg issue.

How is Lewis risky. He was a known tweener type.

I'll give you Blackmon and Dayo, but you're overplaying and reaching here with the others.

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Turay.....injury history in college

Lewis.....Dend converted to DT then back to DT

Blackmon....torn ACL

Dayo.....torn Achilles

It’s football.   Players get hurt.

There’s a difference between physical injuries and bad character.    Ballard is willing to deal with one.   Not the other. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s a difference between physical injuries and bad character.    Ballard is willing to deal with one.   Not the other. 

True, but I'm not sure if it's the best strategy to draft players AFTER they get hurt and when they have to overcome a major injury and be good in the NFL. That's depending on two things to happen instead of one, and it's already hard to hit on players in the draft consistently when they aren't entering the league with a torn ACL or Achilles. 

Blackmon has kinda worked out, but now he has a torn achilles on top of the torn ACL before he got drafted. Not sure both are on the same leg, but two major injuries like that can ruin a career (especially if it's on the same leg). That's the problem with that strategy, even if the player hits (Blackmon), drafting an injured player can be a death sentence if he has another major injury. 

Dayo may or may not work out. He looks like a decent player so far, but now he has to hit as a player and not get hurt again. Another achilles tear on the same ankle is probably a career ender, if he tears the other one, then he has torn both achilles. He may not even be 100% yet until next year. Same with Fisher. Blackmon may not be fully recovered til 2023 because he's had two major surgeries (ACL in college, Achilles now). 

Genuinely don't likely the strategy. Maybe if we had more picks, but last year I didn't like it, even if we are without a 1st rounder this year and he's supposed to be a 1st round quality pick (yes, I saw "with the next pick" where they said that) and I know what Ballard said about him.

38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We were spoiled during the Manning years. Not so much during the Luck years.

As far as the Brady vs Colts history, we're on the wrong end. Especially the Luck years (zero wins vs Brady).

As far as Luck beating the Pats, he was a fail, I can't debate that. That was the one team he couldn't figure out. He was 0-4 counting the playoffs if I remember right. Those Pats teams from 2013-2018 were off the charts dominant though. Ben Roethlisberger has never beat the Pats in the playoffs either and he is a HOFamer. The Giants had the D in reality to get it done a couple of times way back in 2007 and 2011. Peyton is a Top 3 QB of all-time so he was at least going to beat Brady once or twice in the playoffs as that was a given. Peyton also had an all-world D in 2015 when he beat Brady in the AFC Title Game.

Back to Luck, we were spoiled his 1st 3 years 2012-2014. 11-5 3 straight seasons + an AFC Title game app. In 2012 when Luck too over for Peyton, by all the major networks - ESPN, NFL Network, CBS, etc. were only picking us to win 4 or 5 games. We won 11. In 2014 Luck put up MVP numbers = 40 TD's and 4500 Yards, he did have 16 INT's but had no run game, even Peyton had 16 INT's in 2009 when he won MVP. Luck wasn't a complete wash, he had a very good career as whole, just wasn't great due to injury. Rivers was good last year as he went 11-5 and his numbers were good at 4200 yards, 68% completions, and only 11 INT's. I guess what I am getting at, we have always QB's since Peyton that can get us to the playoffs at a good % rate. JB was the only one that failed.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As far as Luck beating the Pats, he was a fail, I can't debate that. That was the one team he couldn't figure out. He was 0-4 counting the playoffs if I remember right. Those Pats teams from 2013-2018 were off the charts dominant though. Ben Roethlisberger has never beat the Pats in the playoffs either and he is a HOFamer. The Giants had the D in reality to get it done a couple of times way back in 2007 and 2011. Peyton is a Top 3 QB of all-time so he was at least going to beat Brady once or twice in the playoffs as that was a given. Peyton also had an all-world D in 2015 when he beat Brady in the AFC Title Game.

Back to Luck, we were spoiled his 1st 3 years 2012-2014. 11-5 3 straight seasons + an AFC Title game app. In 2012 when Luck too over for Peyton, by all the major networks - ESPN, NFL Network, CBS, etc. were only picking us to win 4 or 5 games. We won 11. In 2014 Luck put up MVP numbers = 40 TD's and 4500 Yards, he did have 16 INT's but had no run game, even Peyton had 15 INT's in 2009 when he won MVP. Luck wasn't a complete wash, he had a very good career as whole, just wasn't great due to injury. Rivers was good last year as went 11-5 and his numbers were good at 4200 yards, 68% completions, and only 11 INT's. I guess what I am getting at, we have always QB's since Peyton that can get us to the playoffs at a good % rate. JB was the only one that failed.

Ben at least has beat Brady 3 times. IIRC, he beat Brady his first year in the league.

Luck had some good years. Overall though, a disappointment when all things are factored in. In hindsight, would have rather kept Manning for a few more years. Might have ended up with Wentz or Prescott in 2016....  or Mahomes or Watson in 2017... you just never know... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Ben at least has beat Brady 3 times. IIRC, he beat Brady his first year in the league.

Luck had some good years. Overall though, a disappointment when all things are factored in. In hindsight, would have rather kept Manning for a few more years. Might have ended up with Wentz or Prescott in 2016....  or Mahomes or Watson in 2017... you just never know... 

I still think we made the right move, we were in rebuild mode, with the team we had it would've been tough for Peyton to win another SB. I actually edited my post a little above, but you get my point.

Of course in hindsight we can say we should've traded that #1 pick which was Luck for many picks because we know Luck is going to retire after 2018. Nobody knew that in 2012 and I am just happy Luck kept us relevant for during his career. He was a very good QB, that had a sucky way of retiring is the best way to put it lmao that pee'd people off.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we made the right move, we were in rebuild mode, with the team we had it would've been tough for Peyton to win another SB. I actually edited my post a little above, but you get my point.

Of course in hindsight we can say we should've traded that #1 pick which was Luck for many picks because we know Luck is going to retire after 2018. Nobody knew that in 2012 and I am just happy Luck kept us relevant for during his career. He was a very good QB, that had a sucky way of retiring is the best way to put it lmao that pee'd people off.

Like I've said previously, regardless of hindsight, I just simply wouldn't have kicked Peyton to the curb. 

WFT who was right behind us, got three 1R picks, and a 2R... we would have got more.

So we could have rebuilt pretty quick. Oh well. Not really worth rehashing. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm team Peyton, and always will be.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like I've said previously, regardless of hindsight, I just simply wouldn't have kicked Peyton to the curb. 

WFT who was right behind us, got three 1R picks, and a 2R... we would have got more.

So we could have rebuilt pretty quick. Oh well. Not really worth rehashing. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm team Peyton, and always will be.

It is not that I am not team Peyton, that is far from the truth. I have him as a Top 3 QB of all-time, that is very pro Peyton. I just understand why we moved on.

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Give me the sources that DeShaun has bad character and how do u define bad character.?

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Turay played in 44 games during his 4 year college career. He had shoulder surgery before his 3rd season, and that's not really a "risky" injury like a major leg issue.

I'll give you Blackmon and Dayo, but you're overplaying and reaching here with the others.

I don't think Lewis came out of college as a tweener. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Five minutes of research will yield results why the Eagles and other organizations released him multiple times and didn’t want to sign him. 

Well I am waiting for u to provide sources that he is a bad teamate. Lots of info out there that Wentz was not a great team mate, yet Ballard traded a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him.  I love the Wentz trade by the way

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I stand corrected. That being said. I don't think he had the physical traits to excel in the Colts D

He had a good production to snap ratio last year. He was grading in the 70s this year.

He's not as good as Autry, but he's not bad at all, and was playing well. 

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I am waiting for u to provide sources that he is a bad teamate. Lots of info out there that Wentz was not a great team mate, yet Ballard traded a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him.  I love the Wentz trade by the way

You’re a big boy. You can google things. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Pretty sure Turay actually had two shoulder surgeries in college.

But you’re right, it’s not really a red flag/risky type thing.

Countdown to Kickoff pregame radio talking about Brady killing teams in the seam.

Hope Oke is up for that today.

Also talking about feeding the beast (JT), and staying off script. Go 3 WR set but run it out of that look at times. Go run set and pass it at times.

Hope we have at least 40% run. My guess, about 43-45%.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:01 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Agree both our lines need to take care of business, the O line has been on a roll and the D line getting a lot of pressure on QBs and locking down the run. I expect Leonard to get another punch fumble this week. Another key is how many holding penalties the O line gets called for, we have had a lot of long runs called back and some very ticky tack calls (Reed especially, they look clean by NFL standards).

There's the punch fumble for Leonard

Archived