• Opponent by 7-13
    • Opponent by 14-20
    • Opponent by 21 or more
  2. 2. Who has more passing yards?

3. 3. Who has more rushing yards?

4. 4. Which QB will get sacked more?

5. 5. Which D gets more turnovers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2021 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I said before the game (in the matchup thread) that I though Buf's D was overrated. Similar to what I said about the Bucs. Both teams have made teams one dimension due to their Os. I think Allen is really good, but I don't see him as elite. 

It was a great win. Loved it. And great great win for Reich. Just didn't feel like a signature win type to me. Subjective for sure, but to each their own. Beating TB and Brady feels more signature to me the more I think on it. We haven't beat Brady since 2009 IIRC.

Full disclosure, I set a pretty high bar for signature wins. Normally I reserve it for playoff wins, or monster wins in key situations or against rivalries. Just not sure Buf meets that. TB kinda does. But to each his own.

Our win over Buffalo was a bit too easy which also could make it look like it wasn't signature. Maybe we are just that good, jury is still out whether we are an above average team or a good team so I get where you are coming from. Signature wins to me is pretty much beating any team with a winning record late in the season and playoff games of any kind of course. If we beat the Bucs that is signature to me too. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our win over Buffalo was a bit too easy which also could make it look like it wasn't signature. Maybe we are just that good, jury is still out whether we are an above average team or a good team so I get where you are coming from. Signature wins to me is pretty much beating any team with a winning record late in the season and playoff games of any kind of course. If we beat the Bucs that is signature to me too. 

That's definitely not my definition of signature lol... Signature to me, means something that defines a team. 

I think Buf is overrated, and we're underrated. Our OL is getting better, Taylor was given opportunity to be a beast, Wentz is gaining chemistry, and Frank had a good game. Our STs and D played well or was opportunistic. Nice perfect storm. 

And I could see a perfect storm happening this weekend too. Tom has a lot more savvy and talent than Allen, so won't be as easy. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That's definitely not my definition of signature lol... Signature to me, means something that defines a team. 

I think Buf is overrated, and we're underrated. Our OL is getting better, Taylor was given opportunity to be a beast, Wentz is gaining chemistry, and Frank had a good game. Our STs and D played well or was opportunistic. Nice perfect storm. 

And I could see a perfect storm happening this weekend too. Tom has a lot more savvy and talent than Allen, so won't be as easy. 

I don't know, there were a lot of people that thought the Bills were going to roll us and beating them 41-15 at their place is a pretty good statement. I haven't heard anyone picking us yet over the Bucs either. I am not sure how much signature you can get after last week other than maybe winning this week and beating the Pats. I have been listening to sport talk radio all week at work and there are still people that think the Bills are going to win the AFC, that last week was just a bad game for them. Josh Allen isn't elite I agree with you but he is top 10 and their D creates a lot of turnovers. IMO they did have a bad game last week but we also played great. I had us winning but predicted 27-26. 

Buffalo made the AFC Title Game last year so counting them out is similar to how some were saying KC was done 3 weeks ago which I thought was nonsense because they have Mahomes. KC has a better resume than the Bills because they have won a SB but their D is worse than Buffalo's. Bills are still a dangerous team, I can't wait until they play the Pats twice. 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know, there were a lot of people that thought the Bills were going to roll us and beating them 41-15 at their place is a pretty good statement. I haven't heard anyone picking us yet over the Bucs either. I am not sure how much signature you can get after last week other than maybe winning this week and beating the Pats. I have been listening to sport talk radio all week at work and there are still people that think the Bills are going to win the AFC, that last week was just a bad game for them. Josh Allen isn't elite I agree with you but he is top 10 and their D creates a lot of turnovers. IMO they did have a bad game last week but we also played great. I had us winning but predicted 27-26. 

Buffalo made the AFC Title Game last year so counting them out is similar to how some were saying KC was done 3 weeks ago which I thought was nonsense because they have Mahomes. KC has a better resume than the Bills because they have won a SB but their D is worse than Buffalo's. Bills are still a dangerous team, I can't wait until they play the Pats twice. 

Just winning as an underdog doesn't mean signature to me... just MO.

Lots of people are picking the Colts this week and last (see polls). I can understand why the experts didn't pick us last week being a road game and all. 

Just FYI, Bucs haven't won ATS on the road at all this season. ESPN predictions have a a few predicting the Colts.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Just winning as an underdog doesn't mean signature to me... just MO.

Lots of people are picking the Colts this week and last (see polls). I can understand why the experts didn't pick us last week being a road game and all. 

Just FYI, Bucs haven't won ATS on the road at all this season. ESPN predictions have a a few predicting the Colts.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

Yeah this week many of us in here are picking us to win but the media isn't. ESPN predictor has them winning basically 61% to our 39% and they are 3 point favorites. Normally the home team automatically gets 3 points on spreads so they are favored by 6 in reality. Last night at work on sports talk radio = CBS radio on 1430 am which has good hosts, the guy hosting thinks Bucs will win and there were like 7 or 8 callers that called in about this game and only 2 people took Indy, 1 was from Indy lmao . 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this week many of us in here are picking us to win but the media isn't. ESPN predictor has them winning basically 61% to our 39% and they are 3 point favorites. Normally the home team automatically gets 3 points on spreads so they are favored by 6 in reality. Last night at work on sports talk radio = CBS radio on 1430 am which has good hosts, the guy hosting thinks Bucs will win and there were like 7 or 8 callers that called in about this game and only 2 people took Indy, 1 was from Indy lmao . 

3 of 9 are picking the colts from ESPN...

5vikti.jpg

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Their stats says so. But most say it's because their O normally gets them up, and teams just "need" to pass....

Similar to the Bills.

And Vea will likely be slow.. 

The Bills defense was also very “stingy” against the run….just saying

On 11/25/2021 at 10:10 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was windy out which can account for our int.'s.
And they couldn't stop the run so Frank felt compelled to keep trying it.

So, Brady is less likely to be picked with our defensive backfield being what it is, meaning Eber will continue to make them beat us underneath, and with Leonard being easily exploitable, they should move the ball very well.
 IF, they play the run well, can Wentz connect at a high enough level to maintain drives, while throwing 35 or more passes? And of course get touchdowns in the red zone. I DON'T like the odds on this.

GO O-LINE  GO COLTS!

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It was windy out which can account for our int.'s.
And they couldn't stop the run so Frank felt compelled to keep trying it.

So, Brady is less likely to be picked with our defensive backfield being what it is, meaning Eber will continue to make them beat us underneath, and with Leonard being easily exploitable, they should move the ball very well.
 IF, they play the run well, can Wentz connect at a high enough level to maintain drives, while throwing 35 or more passes? And of course get touchdowns in the red zone. I DON'T like the odds on this.

GO O-LINE  GO COLTS!

We may need to lean on Wentz quite a bit to win this game. Not saying Taylor won't do some Taylor things but they are very good against the run. We signed Wentz to win games like last week and this week. Should be a good game.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Man DeShaun Jackson  would  have looked good in a Colts uniform.  Thr deep threat we needed. Not sure why Ballard didn't go after him.

Not sure why?   

First,  Djax forced his way off the hottest team in football at the time because he wasn’t getting the ball enough.   That’s a HUGE Red Flag.    But you knew that. 

He said he wanted to go to another contender.   GB showed interest.  He didn’t go there.    The Raiders, who were struggling, but had more money showed interest, and he goes there.   

The Colts had just lost to Tennessse.   We were sub-500 and didn’t look much like a Super Bowl contender.   He likely would’ve been a bad fit for us.   But you knew that too. 

As for Ballard….    You don’t think he’s very good at his job.   So you’re not the least bit surprised he passed on DeSean. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why?   

First,  Djax forced his way off the hottest team in football at the time because he wasn’t getting the ball enough.   That’s a HUGE Red Flag.    But you knew that. 

He said he wanted to go to another contender.   GB showed interest.  He didn’t go there.    The Raiders, who were struggling, but had more money showed interest, and he goes there.   

The Colts had just lost to Tennessse.   We were sub-500 and didn’t look much like a Super Bowl contender.   He likely would’ve been a bad fit for us.   But you knew that too. 

As for Ballard….    You don’t think he’s very good at his job.   So you’re not the least bit surprised he passed on DeSean. 

Jackson has 12 catches in 10 games, only 2 TD's. He had a long TD on Thursday so it is natural for some to say we should've went after him LOL. As you see I went LOL. He is 33 years old so I am glad we don't have him and his production as a whole stinks, see first sentence. I am not really sure why Moose takes shots at Ballard, Leonard, or Nelson but it seems like once a week it happens with 1 of the 3.

2 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

IMO this will be a rough game for JT quite possibly the streak breaker… wentz will struggle a bit in the first half but pick it up late  and defense will be overwhelmed… I see us falling by a field goal still.. 

Could be. Just need to attempt to stay balanced early and win the ToP battle.

Personally I think if given the opportunity, JT will still AVG at 4.0 or more and do fine. 

You’d think teams are gonna hyper focus on JT now. If I were a defense I’d force Wentz to beat them and hope he makes some mistakes.

I had 28-20 Buffalo last week, so I was obviously very wrong, but I didn’t have a “bad feeling” about that game. For this game though? I don’t think we’re gonna get blown out or anything, but I do see JT struggling against stacked boxes (or at least not having a huge 100+ yard game). And I think the Bucs jump out to a quick lead forcing us to go away from running.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

You’d think teams are gonna hyper focus on JT now. If I were a defense I’d force Wentz to beat them and hope he makes some mistakes.

I had 28-20 Buffalo last week, so I was obviously very wrong, but I didn’t have a “bad feeling” about that game. For this game though? I don’t think we’re gonna get blown out or anything, but I do see JT struggling against stacked boxes (or at least not having a huge 100+ yard game). And I think the Bucs jump out to a quick lead forcing us to go away from running.

Reich mentioned in his presser this week if you have good technique and fundamentals anyone can be moved. It’s just who wants to be more physical. I am more worried about or defense then offense. I doubt Bucks have played anyone like Taylor and this physical oline.

I think we will move the ball and I think we will score points, Tampa has struggled in 3rd down most of the season and Pittman excels on 3rd downs we just need to keep them 3rd and short. On defense Brady will dink and dunk for the most part, take some deep shots and try and draw P.I. calls vs Rock and Rhodes. Okereke needs to blanket Gronk.

Paye needs to keep applying pressure like he has been. Taylor will get 100 yards from scrimmage and a td, he is in the zone we may see more yards through the air then normal and less on ground but he will hit that mark.  I think we will use him and Hines on the field together more this week and down the stretch expect this.  T.Y. could put up some numbers if Bucs discount him due to recent struggles, he ha a couple big game left this could be one.

I don’t mean to over simplify this….

But….

If we win it’ll be because we have won the Line Of Scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 

That’s the way we are built.   Many of our playmakers are on the lines, not at the so-called skill positions.   

Win the lines, win the game.   Don’t, and we will be 6-6 on Monday. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why?   

Oky doky

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oky doky

In what way does he seem like a guy Ballard would go after?   He asked to be traded from a great team because he wasn't being featured.    That's not a team first guy.    Of coarse the Raiders went after him

Brady will have his more likely than not. Ala Manning, he knows how to pinpoint any given defense and exploit its weaknesses, and he has all the weapons to do so. Way different kind of player than Josh Allen. I think that the only thing that really works well against him is a great pass rush.

Huge test for the secondary to handle Godwin and Evans. Hopefully the Cover 2 D does well enough against the big plays that Brady settles for dinking and dunking for the most part.

If the Colts play as well as they have been playing as of late though, they definitely have a solid shot. I just really hope the secondary holds up.

I think the only way we win this game is to be at least +7 points off turnovers.

I don’t have high hopes to win because the cardiac colts haven’t proven to be consistent in their game plan (thanks frank), and execution on the field.

I was 50/50 for the buffalo game because I figured buffalo has faltered a fair bit but I don’t see the bucs faltering as much especially against our inconsistency on defense.

I sure hope we win of course and I’ll be more ecstatic than anyone if they do!

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

In what way does he seem like a guy Ballard would go after?   He asked to be traded from a great team because he wasn't being featured.    That's not a team first guy.    Of coarse the Raiders went after him

What do u mean like a guy Ballard would go after?  Name me the sources that he was a locker room cancer. We have no deep threats. No one to take the safety out of the box.  He is like every diva receiver that wants the ball more. Big deal. There wasn't enough ball to go around in LA. Your play makers on offence are your guard and your running back lol. Sometimes u have to take a risk. What I find funny is that Ballard is so ready to draft risky players but won't go after a proven veteran with a little so called baggage.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Has DeShaun said anything worse than this guy???? U consider TY a team player or a me first guy??

"Colts WR T.Y. Hilton Offers Apology: "I was frustrated. Just want to win."

Colts WR T.Y. Hilton offered a public apology to his teammates and coaching staff on Monday regarding comments he made about the team's offensive line play following a to the Jacksonville Jaguars at Lucas Oil Stadium Sunday afternoon."

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u mean like a guy Ballard would go after?  Name me the sources that he was a locker room cancer. We have no deep threats. No one to take the safety out of the box.  He is like every diva receiver that wants the ball more. Big deal. There wasn't enough ball to go around in LA. Your play makers on offence are your guard and your running back lol. Sometimes u have to take a risk. What I find funny is that Ballard is so ready to draft risky players but won't go after a proven veteran with a little so called baggage.

“Ballard is so ready to draft risky players”?

What in the world are you talking about?   Who are you talking about?

Archived