Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor for MVP


TaylorTheStudMuffin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think it would be an uphill battle.   QB's get it usually, of course.   There are several having MVP quality seasons.

Rodgers

Murray

Cousins

Brady

Stafford

Media's favorite Cowboy QB Prescott.

 

Taylor is on pace for 1700 yards. 

I think one thing that will hurt him is that If Henry would not have been injured, he would still be the best RB in the league.   But 6 QB's in the hunt may be good news for the 1 RB to win it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think it would be an uphill battle.   QB's get it usually, of course.   There are several having MVP quality seasons.

Rodgers

Murray

Cousins

Brady

Stafford

Media's favorite Cowboy QB Prescott.

 

Taylor is on pace for 1700 yards. 

I think one thing that will hurt him is that If Henry would not have been injured, he would still be the best RB in the league.   But 6 QB's in the hunt may be good news for the 1 RB to win it.  

Prescott has no chance, they just lost to the Chiefs and his stats aren't good enough. Murray no chance as he has missed too many games, Cousins no chance for many reasons, Stafford little chance unless the Rams run the table and he puts up huge numbers, Brady same as Stafford, Rodgers lost yesterday but he has a 50/50 shot at it if GB ends up the #1 seed. Taylor has a chance but we are a small market team so it is a long shot for him to win that lmao . Right now I can't even give an answer to who is the MVP, Taylor has been the most dominant player in the league realistically. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Prescott has no chance, they just lost to the Chiefs and his stats aren't good enough. Murray no chance as he has missed too many games, Cousins no chance for many reasons, Stafford little chance unless the Rams run the table and he puts up huge numbers, Brady same as Stafford, Rodgers lost yesterday but he has a 50/50 shot at it if GB ends up the #1 seed. Taylor has a chance but we are a small market team so it is a long shot for him to win that lmao . Right now I can't even give an answer to who is the MVP, Taylor has been the most dominant player in the league realistically. 

Cousins is throwing for 278 yards a game and has 21 TD's and only 2 INT's.   If the Vikings make a run into the playoffs, I think he will have a chance if Rodgers, Stafford, Brady and Murray decline.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cousins is throwing for 278 yards a game and has 21 TD's and only 2 INT's.   If the Vikings make a run into the playoffs, I think he will have a chance if Rodgers, Stafford, Brady and Murray decline.  

Problem with Cousins winning MVP is they have to at least win their division. I don't see it. They beat GB yesterday but are still behind them. Cousins as I tried to explain to @NFLfanis a good QB but a long shot for MVP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He’ll get OPOY no way will the NFL not give it to some QB.

 

Derrick Henry was in the conversation till he went down. I can see Brady having a great second half of the season and finishing with the MVP because he has had good numbers throughout, to be honest. I think the front runner has to be Brady along with JT. If Brady falters, JT gets it but if the Bucs clinch a Top 2 NFC seed with Brady playing well, he definitely gets it and JT gets OPOY with Micah Parsons DPOY.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Derrick Henry was in the conversation till he went down. I can see Brady having a great second half of the season and finishing with the MVP because he has had good numbers throughout, to be honest. I think the front runner has to be Brady along with JT. If Brady falters, JT gets it but if the Bucs clinch a Top 2 NFC seed with Brady playing well, he definitely gets it and JT gets OPOY with Micah Parsons DPOY.

Wouldn't it be more likely that Parsons gets DROY and maybe Diggs gets the DPOY?  I have no clue on the history of rookies winning O/D POY.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem with Cousins winning MVP is they have to at least win their division. I don't see it. They beat GB yesterday but are still behind them. Cousins as I tried to explain to @NFLfanis a good QB but a long shot for MVP.

 

He is one of the luckiest players. Did you see how he threw an interception late in the game yesterday but the officials said the defender did not make a football move? We would have lost the game.  He threw another interception earlier in the game but a roughing the passer call nullified it. 

 

Raw numbers rarely tell the whole story. People need to watch the games. I always bring up Blake Bortles's 2015 numbers. Looking at his stats alone, one would think he was a candidate for MVP. In fact, he played very poorly and his team won only a few games. 

 

Cousins is having a much better season than usual, but he is not MVP. Far from it. I wrote yesterday that I think Taylor should be MVP. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Derrick Henry was in the conversation till he went down. I can see Brady having a great second half of the season and finishing with the MVP because he has had good numbers throughout, to be honest. I think the front runner has to be Brady along with JT. If Brady falters, JT gets it but if the Bucs clinch a Top 2 NFC seed with Brady playing well, he definitely gets it and JT gets OPOY with Micah Parsons DPOY.

We are not going to win our division either unless the Titans do this cookie crumbles GIF- that works against Taylor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rodgers - Best chance

Murray - Nah

Cousins - Nope

Brady - Has to turn it on

Stafford - Nope, unless they go on an absolute tear, and he stops the interceptions

Media's favorite Cowboy QB Prescott - Lol

 

Taylor has a chance, as he's finally being recognized by the league and the national media, and is showing what he'd be doing if he got to run the ball like Henry has been doing. If we fail to make the playoffs, then it'll probably go to Rodgers. If we make the playoffs and manage to actually do something, then they'll HAVE to put him in legitimate conversation and voting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

He is one of the luckiest players. Did you see how he threw an interception yesterday but the officials said the defender did not make a football move. We would have lost the game.  He threw another interception earlier in the game but a roughing the passer call nullified it. 

 

Raw numbers rarely tell the whole story. People need to watch the games. I always bring up Blake Bortles's 2015 numbers. Looking at his stats alone, one would think he was a candidate for MVP. In fact, he played very poorly and his team won only a few games. 

 

Cousins is having a much better season but he is not MVP. Far from it. I wrote yesterday that I think Taylor should be MVP. 

I agree that Cousins isn't MVP Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek but he is having  a great year, He is much better than a Bortles ever was that is for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

He's my MVP.

 

Rockin' my Fantasy team.  

 

And really...just so fun to watch.  

 

The media is so bias but if I was voting today, I would vote Taylor MVP. Even if I hated the Colts I would. There is not 1 QB that has been dominant is why, Taylor has carried the Colts from the RB position much like Henry has for Tennessee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree that Cousins isn't MVP Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek but he is having  a great year, He is much better than a Bortles ever was that is for sure.

 

He does not throw as many INTs as Bortles did. 

 

Before yesterday's game Josh Allen was the most likely to win MVP. haha

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The media is so bias but if I was voting today, I would vote Taylor MVP. Even if I hated the Colts I would. There is not 1 QB that has been dominant is why, Taylor has carried the Colts from the RB position much like Henry has for Tennessee.

 

If the coaches had been using Taylor earlier in the year the way he is being used now, he would be far and away the leader for MVP. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MVPs usually have to have multiple statement games in the second half of the season, like Taylor just had. I think we'd have to run the table, and he'd have to have 2,000 total yards, and over 20 total TDs, and we'd probably have to win the division. Plus, no standout QB candidate.

 

Let all that happen, and if there's a partial lunar eclipse in the first week of January, and his high school track coach makes a blood sacrifice, and all his past grudges are settled... then MAYBE he has a 4-5% chance of winning MVP.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

MVPs usually have to have multiple statement games in the second half of the season, like Taylor just had. I think we'd have to run the table, and he'd have to have 2,000 total yards, and over 20 total TDs, and we'd probably have to win the division. Plus, no standout QB candidate.

 

Let all that happen, and if there's a partial lunar eclipse in the first week of January, and his high school track coach makes a blood sacrifice, and all his past grudges are settled... then MAYBE he has a 4-5% chance of winning MVP.

Think you usually have to throw in a goat for good mix in those scenarios.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

MVPs usually have to have multiple statement games in the second half of the season, like Taylor just had. I think we'd have to run the table, and he'd have to have 2,000 total yards, and over 20 total TDs, and we'd probably have to win the division. Plus, no standout QB candidate.

 

Let all that happen, and if there's a partial lunar eclipse in the first week of January, and his high school track coach makes a blood sacrifice, and all his past grudges are settled... then MAYBE he has a 4-5% chance of winning MVP.

 

Like I said, Brady had a 2 game hiccup with 5 turnovers in 2 games. If he gets out of it and doesn't turn the ball over and the Bucs go on a run, he would emerge definitely as the best of the QB candidates, IMO. Rodgers, Cousins, Allen all have 21 TD passes, Brady has 27 while throwing 7 INTs while Rodgers has thrown 4 and Cousins 2. This is all with a bye and a game yet to play on MNF, Brady's stats. If he throws for 330 yards or more tonight, he is passing yardage leader too in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Like I said, Brady had a 2 game hiccup with 5 turnovers in 2 games. If he gets out of it and doesn't turn the ball over and the Bucs go on a run, he would emerge definitely as the best of the QB candidates, IMO. Rodgers, Cousins, Allen all have 21 TD passes, Brady has 27 while throwing 7 INTs while Rodgers has thrown 4 and Cousins 2. This is all with a bye and a game yet to play on MNF, Brady's stats. If he throws for 330 yards or more tonight, he is passing yardage leader too in the league.

 

Yeah, Brady and Dak have been in the mix all year, and while the Cowboys are sputtering, the Bucs have a great path. MNF this week, then a Sunday night game coming up. Plus they have a late game against the Bills in a few weeks, which will get a big rating.

 

Justin Herbert had a nice statement game last night, also. If he gets back to his early season production, and they continue winning, put him in the mix.

 

Taylor is having an awesome season, and if we keep playing well he would obviously be deserving. But it's always unlikely that a non-QB would win the MVP. He could win OPOY for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Superman said:

MVPs usually have to have multiple statement games in the second half of the season, like Taylor just had. I think we'd have to run the table, and he'd have to have 2,000 total yards, and over 20 total TDs, and we'd probably have to win the division. Plus, no standout QB candidate.

 

Let all that happen, and if there's a partial lunar eclipse in the first week of January, and his high school track coach makes a blood sacrifice, and all his past grudges are settled... then MAYBE he has a 4-5% chance of winning MVP.

 

Bingo. The last RB to win this was Adrian Peterson and he had almost 2100 yards rushing and almost set the all time NFL rushing record for a season (feel like he missed by like 50 yards if I recall correctly). The only other times I recall RB's winning were Sean Alexander (set NFL rushing TD record for a season) and Tomlinson (who set NFL single season scrimmage yards and total TDs record).

 

Taylor needs to start breaking all time records to even have a shot and even then he needs the QBs to fall off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Superman said:

MVPs usually have to have multiple statement games in the second half of the season, like Taylor just had. I think we'd have to run the table, and he'd have to have 2,000 total yards, and over 20 total TDs, and we'd probably have to win the division. Plus, no standout QB candidate.

 

Let all that happen, and if there's a partial lunar eclipse in the first week of January, and his high school track coach makes a blood sacrifice, and all his past grudges are settled... then MAYBE he has a 4-5% chance of winning MVP.

Yep... really hard for non-QBs to win... Derrick Henry didn't get a single vote last year... just as an example. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep... really hard for non-QBs to win... Derrick Henry didn't get a single vote last year... just as an example. 

 

Yup. There's also no ranked choice voting, like the NBA, so we don't know if a player might have received some love for a good season. We just know that player wasn't any voter's first choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Henry got MVP buzz before this injury, then why shouldn't Taylor?

 

Jonathan Taylor:

193 carries

1,122 rushing yards

5.8 yards per carry

32 receptions

322 receiving yards

15 total TDs (13 rushing)

 

Derrick Henry:

219 carries

937 rushing yards

4.3 yards per carry

18 receptions

154 receiving yards

10 total TDs (10 rushing)

 

The facts are the facts. Henry a volume monster, but JT more efficient running and better catching the football too.

 

JT should get some MVP buzz if he continues. He will not win it though.

 

OPOY - now that's attainable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, James said:

If Henry got MVP buzz before this injury, then why shouldn't Taylor?

 

Jonathan Taylor:

193 carries

1,122 rushing yards

5.8 yards per carry

32 receptions

322 receiving yards

15 total TDs (13 rushing)

 

Derrick Henry:

219 carries

937 rushing yards

4.3 yards per carry

18 receptions

154 receiving yards

10 total TDs (10 rushing)

 

The facts are the facts. Henry a volume monster, but JT more efficient running and better catching the football too.

 

JT should get some MVP buzz if he continues. He will not win it though.

 

OPOY - now that's attainable.

If Henry was not injured, Taylor would not be getting the attention.   Henry would be up around 150 yards more than Taylor and that s all the media would care about.   His pursuit of 2000 yards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Prescott has no chance, they just lost to the Chiefs and his stats aren't good enough. Murray no chance as he has missed too many games, Cousins no chance for many reasons, Stafford little chance unless the Rams run the table and he puts up huge numbers, Brady same as Stafford, Rodgers lost yesterday but he has a 50/50 shot at it if GB ends up the #1 seed. Taylor has a chance but we are a small market team so it is a long shot for him to win that lmao . Right now I can't even give an answer to who is the MVP, Taylor has been the most dominant player in the league realistically. 

"Cousins no chance for many reasons"?  Just curious why you short change Cousins?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it would be an uphill battle.   QB's get it usually, of course.   There are several having MVP quality seasons.

Rodgers

Murray

Cousins

Brady

Stafford

Media's favorite Cowboy QB Prescott.

 

Taylor is on pace for 1700 yards. 

I think one thing that will hurt him is that If Henry would not have been injured, he would still be the best RB in the league.   But 6 QB's in the hunt may be good news for the 1 RB to win it.  

I don't know if I'd use the word "best". He had the most yards, for sure, but he also had the most rushing attempts by far. Not saying Henry isn't great. But is he really the "best"? Maybe we could say he's arguably the best. But it's starting to look like the same could be said for Taylor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, masterlock said:

I don't know if I'd use the word "best". He had the most yards, for sure, but he also had the most rushing attempts by far. Not saying Henry isn't great. But is he really the "best"? Maybe we could say he's arguably the best. But it's starting to look like the same could be said for Taylor.

I think there was very few who thought Henry was not the best.   He is a beast.  He was the offense even though the defense knew it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...