Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 11 Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

Just now, Wentzszn said:

It’s a known fact players in the past have been intimidated by playing Brady. There is no reason to trash another posters opinion. Go back and watch Brady’s career. It happened a lot.

LOL. I’m well aware of who Brady is. I didn’t say anything about you, I said your post was and is and will a always be ridiculous.

The Colts went toe to toe with the Rams and should have beat Ravens and Titans. Not even 36 hours ago they dismantled the #1 D and like #3 O and every single post you have made is how the Bucs are going to dismantle the Colts on Sunday. 

It’s dumbfounding honestly.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

LOL. I’m well aware of who Brady is. I didn’t say anything about you, I said your post was and is and will a always be ridiculous.

The Colts went toe to toe with the Rams and should have beat Ravens and Titans. Not even 36 hours ago they dismantled the #1 D and like #3 O and every single post you have made is how the Bucs are going to dismantle the Colts on Sunday. 

It’s dumbfounding honestly.

There is no reason to go on here and be rude. How about having a actual conversation instead of calling people stupid.

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That's why bucs teeing off on jones

Hate to say it, Baker Mayfield was right. Daniel Jones didn't warrant that high pick of the Giants and hadn't done much in college to be picked at No.6. Plus he is hamstrung by Jason Garrett, double whammy there with decision making and play calling.

Daniel Jones might be the type of guy that might thrive in a Ryan Tannehill role since he uses his legs well, on a team that asks it to keep him simple with a dominant running game. The Giants have given him enough weapons, to be honest and they are seriously underutilized. He doesn't challenge anyone downfield and is playing like Brissett thus warranting a back up tag from me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Then why in the world do you draft him so high.

For all the complaining about paying Nelson, at least has performed as expected/hoped. Imagine using the pick on Barkley.

Saw a tweet that said Jonathan Taylor is what Barkley should’ve been. Shame what injuries, bad OL and Organization has done to his career.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There is no reason to go on here and be rude. How about having a actual conversation instead of calling people stupid.

Please show me where I called someone stupid, I’ll wait.

I said the post was ridiculous, and it is. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but these are professionals. If there is any member of the Colts organization that is intimated by the Bucs, just cuz they won the super bowl last year, I hope they quit tomorrow because they aren’t needed.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom is the master at the short accurate pass, next week is going to be tough. The key to beating them is keeping the

TOP. Washington had that 10 minute drive against them last week, we need one of those along with a couple of other long one's. 

Deflated footballs are easier to throw accurately. :funny:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bucs have played ok tonight but not really great. The only thing that concerns me is, Tom has had all day to throw. Giants stink though so not sure what to make of that.

He has had all day to throw and they haven't lit up the score board really

The Bills game was the first game against a playoff team potentially that we won. However, we have plenty of “almost” wins vs playoff teams in the Rams, Ravens, Titans etc.

The Bucs game will be at best a close win because I know the Brady and Bucs will take it down to the wire, if history is any indication. 

So why exactly were the Giants given two Monday Night games within a few weeks of each other, both of them against the two teams from last year's Super Bowl? Who in the NFL did the scheduling and went "This team finished 6-10 and has one of the most painful offenses to watch in football, let's give them primetime games against Super Bowl contenders and profit!" I try to watch games from start to finish, but even this game I had to tap out with like 5 minutes left.

The one touchdown the Giants scored on offense was a 5-yard drive that was only possible from a fluky Brady interception, watching Daniel Jones play out there cost me about 95% of whatever brain cells I have left.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

So why exactly were the Giants given two Monday Night games within a few weeks of each other, both of them against the two teams from last year's Super Bowl? Who in the NFL did the scheduling and went "This team finished 6-10 and has one of the most painful offenses to watch in football, let's give them primetime games against Super Bowl contenders and profit!" I try to watch games from start to finish, but even this game I had to tap out with like 5 minutes left.

The one touchdown the Giants scored on offense was a 5-yard drive that was only possible from a fluky Brady interception, watching Daniel Jones play out there cost me about 95% of whatever brain cells I have left.

I thought almost the same thing when I was watching the Manning telecast. I was like, wait Eli is doing another Giants game and being a homer... didn't he just do this?!

wth schedulers..

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Tampa did not look dominant to me. There is no reason to believe the Colts cannot beat them. I stopped watching the game last night after the first series of the second half. I did not see much that impressed me. 

Yeah, I think it was mostly the Giants just playing awful than it was the Bucs running roughshod on them, felt more like the Bucs were beating themselves than anything when they stalled out a few times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Welp there goes Garrett after that pathetic showing last night.

How sad! The Giants used to be an organization with stability. Firing an OC after fewer than 3 years is ridiculous. Was he there even 2 full years? Smh.

36 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Lots of chatter all over the place that Nagy will be fired after the Thanksgiving game against the Lions. And to think he was coach of the year not that long ago…

Is Ryan Pace still the GM? If so, he should go first. Hasn't he had 2 or 3 head coaches during his tenure.

I like Nagy. I don't get why he should be fired. He has a rookie QB playing for him. It was Pace who drafted Trubisky, giving up lots of draft capital to move up one spot. 

I expect a lot of firings this year.

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is Ryan Pace still the GM? If so, he should go first. Hasn't he had 2 or 3 head coaches during his tenure.

I like Nagy. I don't get why he should be fired. He has a rookie QB playing for him. It was Pace who drafted Trubisky, giving up lots of draft capital to move up one spot. 

While I'm on the subject of teams that get more primetime coverage than they should (like the Giants), the Bears are up there for me too. They're not exactly an appealing team to watch but the NFL seems to want to feed them to the country. I know they have a big TV market like the Giants, but on balance they've been pretty bad for the last 30 years or so. My conspiracy is that they still have the reputation of their Super Bowl team from 35 years ago and we're still dealing with that today.

6 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

While I'm on the subject of teams that get more primetime coverage than they should (like the Giants), the Bears are up there for me too. They're not exactly an appealing team to watch but the NFL seems to want to feed them to the country. I know they have a big TV market like the Giants, but on balance they've been pretty bad for the last 30 years or so. My conspiracy is that they still have the reputation of their Super Bowl team from 35 years ago and we're still dealing with that today.

I have not seen the Bears on TV much this year.

So far, which teams have been shown on national TV most (TNF, SNF, MNF)? Packers? Bucs? Chiefs? Any other team?

41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Supposedly several Bears players are unhappy. I’m guessing (if this is all true) that Pace is saving face by letting Nagy go. I agree that Ryan should also be on his way out after this. This is what happens when a team gives up too much to go after a QB twice in a draft to move up. 

34 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Supposedly several Bears players are unhappy. I’m guessing (if this is all true) that Pace is saving face by letting Nagy go. I agree that Ryan should also be on his way out after this. This is what happens when a team gives up too much to go after a QB twice in a draft to move up. 

Yep. That is why I don't think Nagy is the one who should go. 

Did you hear about that team that was playing against Nagy's son's team? Their cheering section chanted "Fire Nagy". Just awful. It reminds me of a time a long time ago when a Giants fan called on the local radio station and shared how proud he was that his son started the "Fire Fassel" chant. Smh :facepalm:

(Jim Fassel was the late Giants head coach that coached the team to the Super Bowl against the Ravens that won the SB with their defense.)

https://wgntv.com/sports/bears-report/suburban-high-school-apologizes-after-fire-nagy-chant-broke-out-at-his-sons-football-game/

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. That is why I don't think Nagy is the one who should go. 

Did you hear about that team that was playing against Nagy's son's team? Their cheering section chanted "Fire Nagy". Just awful. It reminds me of a time a long time ago when a Giants fan called on the local radio station and shared how proud he was that his son started the "Fire Fassel" chant. Smh :facepalm:

(Jim Fassel was the late Giants head coach that coached the team to the Super Bowl against the Ravens that won the SB with their defense.)

https://wgntv.com/sports/bears-report/suburban-high-school-apologizes-after-fire-nagy-chant-broke-out-at-his-sons-football-game/

Sheesh, talk about classy…