Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard Knocks starts this Wednesday

Superman

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They were in the playoffs just this past year...

Please re-read:

9 hours ago, Shive said:

"Teams are allowed to opt out of the documentary series if they've appeared in the playoffs the previous two seasons or have a rookie head coach leading the franchise. Teams can also decline if they've appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years."

If we continue winning and make the playoffs against the odds, HARD KNOCKS with the Colts will be a Cinderella story and will make for GREAT TV. If we lose and go down the tubes, it will be depressing to watch. Seeing players grumble in the background will only be bad for the franchise. Hopefully this won't happen even if we lose, but unfortunately, Irsay had no choice and could not say "no" to this. 

I'm hoping that we make the playoffs and show the world (and future free agents that may want to join us next year) that our locker room culture is impressive (win or lose) and is something that will make us proud as fans. I can't wait to watch.

14 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

If we continue winning and make the playoffs against the odds, HARD KNOCKS with the Colts will be a Cinderella story and will make for GREAT TV. If we lose and go down the tubes, it will be depressing to watch. Seeing players grumble in the background will only be bad for the franchise. Hopefully this won't happen even if we lose, but unfortunately, Irsay had no choice and could not say "no" to this. 

I'm hoping that we make the playoffs and show the world (and future free agents that may want to join us next year) that our locker room culture is impressive (win or lose) and is something that will make us proud as fans. I can't wait to watch.

I think the theme will be overcoming challenges regardless. Either they get there and the hero journey is complete...or they come up short and this is just one part of the hero journey.

17 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Reich said in his presser the other day Irsay and Ballard came to him and asked him what he thought about doing it. Reich said they have said no in the past bur thought this team could finally handle it. Sure sounds like they could of said no. 

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

So you have to make it BOTH seasons? I thought it was if you made the playoffs in any of the last two seasons? 

You are right csmopar. It is a new head coach or having made the playoffs in either of the last two seasons not both. Basically the only teams that qualified this year were the Dolphins, Cowboys, Broncos, Bengals, Giants, Panthers, Cardinals

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Will you watch?

Nope. Not even a highlight or clip 

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Remember Trent Richardson? 

I don't have HBO, so I'll have to check out Facebook to see highlights. 

This is even dumber than that Trich trade. I put it on the level of a team taking Johnny Manziel!

Some of you guys who live in indy are spoiled.  I'll watch every minute of it. Some of it might be cringe worthy, who knows. But it will still be fascinating to watch. 

Might not be too disruptive if it's mainly game mic'ed up stuff and interviews. 

1 hour ago, DynaMike said:

1531037255_swinginggateplay.jpg.3d5882e92b31fe15ab95ec3cd6258442.jpg

For whatever it’s worth….

The ball was NOT supposed to be snapped.   We were hoping to draw then off-sides and get the first down.   It was 4th and 3.

But there were was confusion on the field (Gross understatement!).  I think one or two of the players were new due to injury or illness.   The ball was NEVER to be snapped.  

But it’s on Pagano’s resume for all-time….

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth….

The ball was NOT supposed to be snapped.   We were hoping to draw then off-sides and get the first down.   It was 4th and 3.

But there were was confusion on the field (Gross understatement!).  I think one or two of the players were new due to injury or illness.   The ball was NEVER to be snapped.  

But it’s on Pagano’s resume for all-time….

Yes, but due to injury Pagano put in a center that had never practiced this play before & wasn't sure what to do. They still tried it and now it's forever a face-palm moment. That felt it way more dumb than doing the mini hard knocks thing. Did the Colts even have a choice in Hard Knocks? They definitely had a choice to not run that swinging gate play!

11 minutes ago, DynaMike said:

Yes, but due to injury Pagano put in a center that had never practiced this play before & wasn't sure what to do. They still tried it and now it's forever a face-palm moment. That felt it way more dumb than doing the mini hard knocks thing. Did the Colts even have a choice in Hard Knocks? They definitely had a choice to not run that swinging gate play!

I think you have  it mostly right….

But I believe the person who out a new person at center wouldn’t have been Pagano.   It would’ve been the Special Teams coach.   And we had a good one back then, as we do now.   Decisions like that are typically made at the ST Coach level,  not the HC level. 

For my money, once the regular center was out, we should never have run the trick play.   Way, way too much down side and not nearly enough up side.   But it’s long since been under under the bridge… 

14 hours ago, Superman said:

Will you watch?

Yeah, it's like driving by a car wreck and not being able to look away...

j/k

for the price I'll sign up, plus there is some HBO content I have been waiting to catch up with... win/win over the holidays for me.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you have  it mostly right….

But I believe the person who out a new person at center wouldn’t have been Pagano.   It would’ve been the Special Teams coach.   And we had a good one back then, as we do now.   Decisions like that are typically made at the ST Coach level,  not the HC level. 

For my money, once the regular center was out, we should never have run the trick play.   Way, way too much down side and not nearly enough up side.   But it’s long since been under under the bridge… 

Agreed for the most part, because I think the ball hiker was not even a Center, but if any coach would have said to the fake-C "this play is not supposed to have the ball hiked.  Under no circumstances should you hike the ball"  I think a high school player, especially seeing three defenders over him, would have known what NOT to do.  LOL. 

Just a little tip I discovered. I plan on cancelling HBO max after this is over but I want the episodes to watch back. There is a app you can record anything from HBO MAX while you are subscribed. It stays on your device even after you cancel. You would have to buy credits to record which is about 5.00. That should be enough to record the season. It’s called PlayOn.

Archived