Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10 Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

@NFLfan - The Vikings have been better defensively the last few games, especially on pass defense. What caused the turnaround? I think they have a good shot vs the Packers IF they play well offensively. I do not expect a high scoring game given that both of the Ds are playing well. Another game like the Chargers-Vikings game is the scoring ball park I expect.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, chad72 said:

@NFLfan - The Vikings have been better defensively the last few games, especially on pass defense. What caused the turnaround? I think they have a good shot vs the Packers IF they play well offensively. I do not expect a high scoring game given that both of the Ds are playing well. Another game like the Chargers-Vikings game is the scoring ball park I expect.

That's interesting. I may have to check the recorded games on Game Pass to see what the better play is attributed to. They have played the last two games without Harrison Smith. Bynum has played well in his place, but I am not sure if that is why the defense appears to be playing better.

My humble opinion is that defenses play better when their offense holds on to the ball longer. A great example is the Niners against the Rams on MNF. The Niners defense forced some turnovers but I think it was the Niners' long drives on offense that kept the Rams off the field and made the defense appear that it was even better than it was. 

IIRC, in the last game, the Vikings were able to sustain some drives and kept the Chargers offense (and the Vikings defense) off the field. That made the defense look better. 

I hope we beat Green Bay. haha

Archived