Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

participation-participation-trophy.gif

That means they got things together. The beginning of season killed them. It gives this team a lot to look forward to next season. There are lots of positives. Paye and Dayo are looking good. Granson is starting to show some good stuff. Rookies are playing well and improving.  Can’t help what happened in camp.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See I am thinking the Chiefs will win the West is why I want the Raiders to keep losing.

Raiders have a lot better in-conf record right now, so if they keep losing, and KC keeps winning, we're in a tight spot. 

It's best IMO for the Raiders to keep winning and KC to keep losing for two reasons... conf record, and I'd rather play LVR than KC lol... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Raiders have a lot better in-conf record right now, so if they keep losing, and KC keeps winning, we're in a tight spot. 

It's best IMO for the Raiders to keep winning and KC to keep losing for two reasons... conf record, and I'd rather play LVR than KC lol... 

Yeah but if we beat the Raiders we have the head to head.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Raiders have a good chance of completely falling apart though. That raiders schedule isn’t easy either. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

That means they got things together. The beginning of season killed them. It gives this team a lot to look forward to next season. There are lots of positives. Paye and Dayo are looking good. Granson is starting to show some good stuff. Rookies are playing well and improving.  Can’t help what happened in camp.

Oh I agree finishing strong is important for next year. Especially for Wentz and the O. Paye and Dayo too (assuming they do well).

But not making the playoffs is just bad when you're giving up your 1R pick. We have a ton of FAs too, and our spending will be limited due to big contracts in general and high OL spend. 

But if we're going to miss the playoffs, I'd rather lose a bunch, with rooks and Wentz playing well, so at least our 2nd round pick is high.

And if we're going to make the playoffs, we need our D to step up. We have an O that has stayed in every game despite headscratchers. Our pass D though is just bad.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Oh I agree finishing strong is important for next year. Especially for Wentz and the O. Paye and Dayo too (assuming they do well).

But not making the playoffs is just bad when you're giving up your 1R pick. We have a ton of FAs too, and our spending will be limited due to big contracts in general and high OL spend. 

But if we're going to miss the playoffs, I'd rather lose a bunch, with rooks and Wentz playing well, so at least our 2nd round pick is high.

And if we're going to make the playoffs, we need our D to step up. We have an O that has stayed in every game despite headscratchers. Our pass D though is just bad.

Again what happened in camp hurt. Can’t change that and it’s nobodies fault that happened. All we can do is look forward and hope Ballard fixes a few things on defense.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Again what happened in camp hurt. Can’t change that and it’s nobodies fault that happened. All we can do is look forward and hope Ballard fixes a few things on defense.

Sorry, not making the playoffs is bad. 

And hope is not a strategy lol... 

But we can't impact things (only in tix and merch sales), so hope I guess is our best bet.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They only have one conf loss. We have 3. So we'd need them to really tank, which could happen I guess. 

Do you want to play Mahomes or Carr in the playoffs?

I would rather play the Raiders but I just want to get in lol. I just don't see the Chiefs losing many more games. I can see the Raiders around 9-8. 

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Our best bet is for the Raiders, Chargers and Bengals to fall off, and looking at their schedules, there's a good chance.  

Sorry, not making the playoffs is bad. 

And hope is not a strategy lol... 

But we can't impact things (only in tix and merch sales), so hope I guess is our best bet.

It’s nobodies fault what happened in camp. That couldn’t of been helped. All that matters now is to keep playing hard and see if we can squeeze in. Things that happened early were unusual and very unique that nobody could of stopped. What matters after the season is what is Ballard going to do to fix this defense and get Carson another WR.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They look good tonight. There is very little chance KC crumbles completely. Raiders on the other hand look like they are done for the season.

KC is stepping up the last two weeks no doubt. They are still weak in several places and just one injury in several places away from crashing. It's not really about who will win, but what is best for the Colt's chances. 

LVR is best for the Colts chances. KC with Mahomes is always in it, and will be a bigger threat to Indy regardless of playoff position if they get in. 

I'll root against KC the rest of the year, and for LVR.. until it makes sense to do the opposite.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather play the Raiders but I just want to get in lol. I just don't see the Chiefs losing many more games. I can see the Raiders around 9-8. 

Like I said it's not about what might happen, it's what's best for Indy.

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s nobodies fault what happened in camp. That couldn’t of been helped. All that matters now is to keep playing hard and see if we can squeeze in. Things that happened early were unusual and very unique that nobody could of stopped. What matters after the season is what is Ballard going to do to fix this defense and get Carson another WR.

What happened is irrelevant now. 

Not making the playoffs sucks. 

Finishing strong and not making the playoffs hurts in some aspects, and helps in others. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

KC is stepping up the last two weeks no doubt. They are still weak in several places and just one injury in several places away from crashing. It's not really about who will win, but what is best for the Colt's chances. 

LVR is best for the Colts chances. KC with Mahomes is always in it, and will be a bigger threat to Indy regardless of playoff position if they get in. 

I'll root against KC the rest of the year, and for LVR.. until it makes sense to do the opposite.

Like I said it's not about what might happen, it's what's best for Indy.

I am already facing reality, Chiefs will win that division, they have Mahomes. So to me it is about just getting in and taking our chances no matter the opponent. Chargers and Raiders both aren't on KC's level when KC is rolling and they are about to roll. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am already facing reality, Chiefs will win that division, they have Mahomes. So to me it is about just getting in and taking our chances no matter the opponent. Chargers and Raiders both aren't on KC's level when KC is rolling and they are about to roll. 

I will not be surprised if KC win their remaining games. Team looks much different from the team we saw that played Buffalo and  Tennessee 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just a few weeks ago, people said KC was done.... 

Just a few weeks ago people were praising LVR for not collapsing with the Gruden thing. 

Life comes at you fast lol...

Remember, they split last year, both winning on the road.

Do you think Reid will drive the bus around the stadium? lol

I agree KC is rising, LVR is declining right now. but... 

reaction-markiplier.gif

Just now, runthepost said:

I will not be surprised if KC win their remaining games. Team looks much different from the team we saw that played Buffalo and  Tennessee 

When they were struggling I didn't think much of it. When you have a Mahomes, Rodgers, Peyton in his prime, and of course Brady your team can reel off 5 or 6 wins in a row at anytime. It wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs ended up the #1 seed. #2 at worse.

Just a few weeks ago, people said KC was done.... 

Just a few weeks ago people were praising LVR for not collapsing with the Gruden thing. 

Life comes at you fast lol...

Remember, they split last year, both winning on the road.

Do you think Reid will drive the bus around the stadium? lol

I agree KC is rising, LVR is declining right now. but... 

reaction-markiplier.gif

See above, they have Mahomes, I never thought they were done. The media was eating it up for some reason.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See above, they have Mahomes, I never thought they were done. The media was eating it up for some reason.

People act like teams can’t turn things around. As of right now that’s the chiefs division to lose. Colts need chargers and raiders to fall apart. Steelers also have a hard schedule ahead

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their team however is one injury away on O from being bad.... and I'm not talking about Mahomes.

And their D is bottom 5.

It's just a tight walk for them.

LVR is more well rounded O and D.

I'd bet on Mahomes too. But like I said, life comes at you fast, and KC has a lot risk points.

Their team however is one injury away on O from being bad.... and I'm not talking about Mahomes.

And their D is bottom 5.

It's just a tight walk for them.

LVR is more well rounded O and D.

I'd bet on Mahomes too. But like I said, life comes at you fast, and KC has a lot risk points.

Chiefs have several weak points but Mahomes can cover them up like Peyton used too here. Even with a crappy D, when you have a QB like that you can still win 11 or 12 games. Do I think the Chiefs will win the SB, probably not because of their Defense. Mahomes is going to have the same problem Peyton had for years to come but they will own that division IMO.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am already penciling in KC, Tennessee, Buffalo, and Baltimore as division champs. We need teams like the Raiders, Chargers, Pats, Browns, and Steelers to lose weekly.

TN is the only pencil in right now. 

Personally, I'd take the Pats over Buf if you look at both their schedules. You should take a look.

I also see Balt going about 500 the rest of the way.

Just now, EastStreet said:

TN is the only pencil in right now. 

Personally, I'd take the Pats over Buf if you look at both their schedules. You should take a look.

I also see Balt going about 500 the rest of the way.

The Buff/Pats division is close I will say that. Balt will win by default because the Browns and Bengals are 9-8 teams at best IMO. Steelers are MEH, they could go 9-7-1. Those records are just a guess but going by what I have seen. I think the Ravens win at least 10 games.

Archived