Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The AFC looks like its setting up for....

LJpalmbeacher2

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

The game Monday night with pats bills I think is going to tell us a lot about the pats. I think this is going to one of the few tests with a good team this year.  That is going to be a really fun game. Pats have kind of been beating up on bad and injured teams. We will see.

They took the Bucs and Cowboys to the wire, both when they were healthy and in rhythm, Pats should have the edge, IMO in a close game vs the Bills mainly because it is on the road.

I would say the AFCCG might end up being 2 of these 3 teams - Patriots, Chiefs, Titans who when healthy can be formidable, all of whose Ds can take them far. Ravens have the classic feel of "fool's gold". Since I said that, watch the Ravens go to the SB, LOL. :) 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They took the Bucs and Cowboys to the wire, both when they were healthy and in rhythm, Pats should have the edge, IMO in a close game vs the Bills mainly because it is on the road.

I would say the AFCCG might end up being 2 of these 3 teams - Patriots, Chiefs, Titans who when healthy can be formidable, all of whose Ds can take them far. Ravens have the classic feel of "fool's gold". Since I said that, watch the Ravens go to the SB, LOL. :) 

But they also couldn’t score against Tampa. We will see. Whoever wins this game needs to also win the second matchup. That will help the colts a bunch.

31 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

But they also couldn’t score against Tampa. We will see. Whoever wins this game needs to also win the second matchup. That will help the colts a bunch.

Yeah, if you know rookie QBs, the offenses get opened up and playbook expanded as teams move on in a year. They chose to not go for a 4th & 6 leading to a missed 56 yard FG that gave the Bucs the win. If the same happened now, they will let Mac Jones throw. It is not who you play, it is when you play them. If the Bills played them in week 3 versus week 13, it would definitely have been in the Bills favor because the D was humming more for the Bills with fewer injuries but as the year went on, the Patriots D got healthier and now their O is playing better. Plus, the Bills got exposed with Henry as the bell cow followed by JT, so Belichick knows pretty much what to do. They place the chips on their D. 

It is the same as us when we played the Bucs. If we held the Bucs to the 24-27 range, a good chance we win it but going against an opportunistic D that the Bucs are, we couldn't afford to play behind and eventually we did because of our turnovers. Similarly, if the Patriots keep the Bills to the 21-24 range, there is a good chance they come out with a win, and that should and will be their formula because they don't want Matt Jones in a 30 point shootout.

I am still kind of conflicted on who I want to win the Bills Pats game. If Pats can pull this off Bills have Tampa the week after. That would put colts ahead of Bills if Bills lost both games while we are on our bye week. Could then put us like the 6th seed after the bye week. Then the next matchup is in NE. So I am kind of rooting for the Pats.

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I am still kind of conflicted on who I want to win the Bills Pats game. If Pats can pull this off Bills have Tampa the week after. That would put colts ahead of Bills if Bills lost both games while we are on our bye week. Could then put us like the 6th seed after the bye week. Then the next matchup is in NE. So I am kind of rooting for the Pats.

You lost me after "if Pats can pull this off Bills have tampa...."

angry love life GIF

The game tonight is HUGE for playoff seeding.  If the Pats win then they lock up #1 until the play the Colts in 2 weeks.  If the Bills win then Tenn is #1 seed but then the Bills have to go down to Tampa to play Brady who literally owns them.  Going to be a fun 2 weeks!

18 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The game tonight is HUGE for playoff seeding.  If the Pats win then they lock up #1 until the play the Colts in 2 weeks.  If the Bills win then Tenn is #1 seed but then the Bills have to go down to Tampa to play Brady who literally owns them.  Going to be a fun 2 weeks!

The one thing about the Colts is, we are almost always relevant in December. Even in 2019 we were with JB at 6-6. Last 20 seasons (2002-2021) we haven't been relevant going into to December twice = 2011 and 2017.

This sounds funny but I am rooting for the Pats tonight, If the Bills get swept by the Pats and lose to Tampa that gives them 7 losses. I think we go 10-7 when it is all said and done, we have the tiebreaker over the Bills. If we beat the Raiders that will eliminate them pretty much as well. I can see us definitely getting a 7th seed some way or another. The Steelers still play at Chiefs and at Ravens lmao , they will lose at least 7 putting them 9-7-1.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The one thing about the Colts is, we are almost always relevant in December. Even in 2019 we were with JB at 6-6. Last 20 seasons (2002-2021) we haven't been relevant going into to December twice = 2011 and 2017.

This sounds funny but I am rooting for the Pats tonight, If the Bills get swept by the Pats and lose to Tampa that gives them 7 losses. I think we go 10-7 when it is all said and done, we have the tiebreaker over the Bills. If we beat the Raiders that will eliminate them pretty much as well. I can see us definitely getting a 7th seed some way or another. The Steelers still play at Chiefs and at Ravens lmao , they will lose at least 7 putting them 9-7-1.

I agree. I think that is the best path.  I see the Patriots winning tonight although the conditions are going to be awful.  They are just playing great football and the Bills are up and down.

Colts still have a shot at the South division.  Tenn is really injured.

2 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I agree. I think that is the best path.  I see the Patriots winning tonight although the conditions are going to be awful.  They are just playing great football and the Bills are up and down.

Colts still have a shot at the South division.  Tenn is really injured.

Tennessee has a pretty easy schedule though. Although I question whether or not Tannehill is a good QB, I go back and forth between average or good with him, he clearly doesn't suck IMO. So they will probably beat the bad teams they have left.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tennessee has a pretty easy schedule though. Although I question whether or not Tannehill is a good QB, I go back and forth between average or good with him, he clearly doesn't suck IMO. So they will probably beat the bad teams they have left.

Yep, 'cept for the whole Jets & Texans evidence that they're certainly capable.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I keep hearing about weather in Buffalo tonight but there is only supposed to be wind at game time. No rain or anything. If it did rain though that would favor the pats who are a more physical team.

Rain would go against the team that is good with its pass rush, because the footing will not be sound. Rain would also make pass coverage harder. So, just having wind leads to shorter passes, otherwise longer passes affected by wind will get picked off, Belichick loved playing Peyton with wind because of that. I am sure that is Belichick's game plan, squeeze things underneath and force Allen to go deeper because Allen's strong arm will cut through the winds better on shorter passes without loss in accuracy. He will double cover Diggs with his #2 CB and a safety while covering Sanders with his #1 JC Jackson, IMO. Dawson Knox and Gabriel Davis will be key to moving the ball against the Patriots, unless the Bills are willing to stick with the run which they may have to.

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Pat's are a Lock to win tonight. 

I wouldn't say lock to win, but have the conditions favoring them with the wind forcing a short passing game. The Patriots, if they let Josh Allen break contain and run or throw, that is when they will get into trouble. 

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wouldn't say lock to win, but have the conditions favoring them with the wind forcing a short passing game. The Patriots, if they let Josh Allen break contain and run or throw, that is when they will get into trouble. 

Buffalo with Josh Allen are the better team with the much, much better QB.  But with the division probably hanging on the outcome, The Football Gods and the Refs...etc... should/most likely sway the game to kraft & Belichek.... 

....you've seen many Patriots games before I'm sure. ...they have a way of having Lady Luck on their side. And there's a old saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good".

55 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Buffalo with Josh Allen are the better team with the much, much better QB.  But with the division probably hanging on the outcome, The Football Gods and the Refs...etc... should/most likely sway the game to kraft & Belichek.... 

....you've seen many Patriots games before I'm sure. ...they have a way of having Lady Luck on their side. And there's a old saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good".

These next few years would tell us if it’s Brady that’s the lucky one or the Patriots.

Looking at the remaining weeks there is a lot of inner conference games making this a run to the finish for many of the AFC teams in the hunt. One bummer is Week 18 we get the Jags but the Titans get the Texans. The Colt's toughest game will be the Cardinals while Tenn has Pittsburgh or the 49ers take your pick of the two.  

On 11/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Raiders and Browns in free fall, Pitt looked really bad as well in tie vs Detroit and barely beating the Bears. Bengals ? Plain ugly.  Chargers need to right their ship having lost  3 of 4 but have Pitt so should win this week.

I expect Buff,Balt,Tenn and KC   but Chargers could catch KC and already beat them, Buff could be passed by Pats.

7 AFC playoff teams....Buff,NE,Balt,Tenn,Indy,KC and Chargers.

Like my 7 from 3 weeks ago coming down the stretch

Archived