Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OBJ to the Rams??

ColtJax

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

How do the rams have the salary cap room to pay all pros at numerous positions and the colts could not even keep Autry because of cap reasons!

Without looking at who is getting paid on that team I would guess maybe they have paid mostly skilled positions and few Trench guys maybe? It’s crazy how they are just adding players. Though doesn’t look like OBJ cost them much.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That by itself should put a huge dent in their Salary Cap lmao . You still have 16 other starters to pay. You forgot OBJ as well. 

Would it upset you more to learn they have $45 Million in Dead Cap... and are paying $5 Million to their punter? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

If they want OBJ they will have to do some manoeuvring unless he's signing for minimal money. They're going to have some cap casualties next year for sure to get the books balanced. The Woods contract looks killer in terms of backloading and they might well take the hit to cut him loose. 

With Hilton often injured and Paris never seeing the field, I was hoping we'd get someone to take the pressure off of Pitts. Jackson I thought was a possibility, but I doubt we made the call. The biggest weakness is our secondary, and we didn't do squat there either..

To do what they do requires an owner with deep pockets who is willing to constantly move money and gamble a bit.  Teams who have the elite rich type owners that are fully involved and will throw money at the wall to see what sticks do have an advantage.  And I'm fine with that because the NFL does a good job otherwise of levelling the playing field with free agency and the salary cap.

But you also need a great cap guy and the Rams obviously have one.  They never end up in broken capsville no matter how many moves they make.

What's funny about them getting OBJ is their issue has not really been WR.  Theirs are good enough I think to go all the way.  They look like a team who needs more strength and ground game on offense.  Pass happy teams tend to not do too well in the playoffs look no further than the 15-1 Vikes.  Gotta be balanced in today's league if you want to survive the playoffs.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:46 AM, SteelCityColt said:

Would it upset you more to learn they have $45 Million in Dead Cap... and are paying $5 Million to their punter? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

If they want OBJ they will have to do some manoeuvring unless he's signing for minimal money. They're going to have some cap casualties next year for sure to get the books balanced. The Woods contract looks killer in terms of backloading and they might well take the hit to cut him loose. 

It feels like they are borrowing from the future every year, but if you do that every year does it ever catch up with you in the NFL?  They also keep trading picks, will that ever come to haunt them or do they just keep trading them for stars?

Being in LA is probably a factor in attracting players too

3 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

It feels like they are borrowing from the future every year, but if you do that every year does it ever catch up with you in the NFL?  They also keep trading picks, will that ever come to haunt them or do they just keep trading them for stars?

Being in LA is probably a factor in attracting players too

If it's not part of the guaranteed money, then no it doesnt. But if it's guaranteed money that keeps stacking, then ya it will. 

So, did obj sign on to the highest bidder :cash:or does he believe the Rams

can win the Super Bowl with him catching more passes.

If the second part of my question is true, then I would like to see obj make a spectacular diving catch with one hand dragging both feet in the corner of the end zone with 2 seconds remaining in the game down 5 points winning the game and MVP.

But if they play us in the SB, then

we pound him to where he gets into a diva mode again :hissy:

1 hour ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

So, did obj sign on to the highest bidder :cash:or does he believe the Rams

can win the Super Bowl with him catching more passes.

If the second part of my question is true, then I would like to see obj make a spectacular diving catch with one hand dragging both feet in the corner of the end zone with 2 seconds remaining in the game down 5 points winning the game and MVP.

But if they play us in the SB, then

we pound him to where he gets into a diva mode again :hissy:

Rams got him for like 1.5 million. It was cheap. I think I saw browns owe him like 4 million though.

Archived