Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard made a blunder

bleed blue4life

3 hours ago, masterlock said:

I'm glad someone was able to find the stats on pressures, because sacks and hits don't tell the whole story. Was Autry a super star? No. Was he getting paid like a superstar? Also no. He was a 'value' player--someone who didn't rise to the level of a DeForest Bucker, but who nevertheless played well, and earned every dollar of his modest salary. It's just a shame he's continuing to do that now with the Titans. Poor decision by the Colts to not resign him.

Welp, now they are both playing 3T full time, and Autry has slightly better stats in both pressures and sacks than Defo. 

Autry has more QB hits than he's ever had in his career, more pressures than he's ever had, and he's only started 7 games. He's also on track to have his most sacks.

Not suggesting he's better than Defo, but this year, he's clearly got more production. He's having a career year, and playing with a chip. And has had some huge impact plays that has changed the course of several games. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I guess u will c me a lot then lol. Actually, I did my 1st oil job on my bike. Didn't go well lol. Just got my bike licence, so I was busy.

I'm guessing you mean an oil change on an mc?   Takes about 30 minutes.   I can't imagine what could go wrong

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

The highlighted is a completely bold assumption and almost entirely unlikely.  Rookie QB standouts in their first year rarely happen.  Those mentioned from last years draft are perfect examples of that.  Most take years to develop if they do at all.  All drafts are a gamble on QB's.  Brady is a clear example of the unknowns of the draft process.

The point was that a top QB or a top college prospect would be the only type of QB that the colts would move on from Wentz unless something bad happens with him.

Of course a prospect is only that until he proves himself. Top caliber prospects like Trevor Lawrence or a Justin Fields etc...may be ones that management would prefer over Wentz in the long run but would be unavailable or too expensive draft capital wise to move up to get that type of player. 

24 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The point was that a top QB or a top college prospect would be the only type of QB that the colts would move on from Wentz unless something bad happens with him.

Of course a prospect is only that until he proves himself. Top caliber prospects like Trevor Lawrence or a Justin Fields etc...may be ones that management would prefer over Wentz in the long run but would be unavailable or too expensive draft capital wise to move up to get that type of player. 

Maybe I misunderstood your comment but you said a top caliber college prospect would be an upgrade over Wentz?  Am I misunderstanding your comment?  No way is anyone top tier or not coming out of college "going to be an upgrade over Wentz".  Laugh if you want but time will prove you wrong.  

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Maybe I misunderstood your comment but you said a top caliber college prospect would be an upgrade over Wentz?  Am I misunderstanding your comment?  No way is anyone top tier or not coming out of college "going to be an upgrade over Wentz".  Laugh if you want but time will prove you wrong.  

I think u did misunderstand.  No a rookie QB won't be a upgrade over Wentz but a Lawrence or a Fields type prospect could be in a couple years if you hit on them. We don't know how many of this years rookie class will turn out to be elite if any. 

And just so you know I think Wentz is a good QB and I think the colts are very lucky he fell into our laps. It's very unlikely that happens again. And btw, I was one of the first here if not the first to suggest the colts trade for him....even before he was officially available and before they fired the Eagles HC. Most here were very adamant that they didn't want any part of him, his contract,  and part withany draft resources it would cost to acquire him.

I believe the Forum choice was Sam Darnold because he could have been acquired on the cheap!

On 11/7/2021 at 10:18 PM, Wentzszn said:

Autry has way more sacks then that. He was good for almost ten sacks every year.

The most he’s ever had in a season is 9 and he averages slightly under 4.5 a year for his career.  Even in Indy he averaged just over 6.5 per season during his time here.  He is no where near being good for almost 10 sacks a year.  He’s closer to half of that.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AutrDe00.htm

For all the talk of how much the Colts are missing him he has five sacks this year.  Muhammad and Turey each have two less than him and that’s without a guy like Landry out there to draw attention to help free them up.  

Autry was a nice player while here but he’s hardly the guy that can’t be overcome if you lose him like some are making him out to be.  When we look back at this in three years I think we are going to be glad the Colts have Paye and Dayo than had they kept Autry.

Archived