Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OK Ballard, Desean Jackson was waived,

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think NewColtsFan said this in another thread, but this guy has issues if he is not happy on a team that very well could be super bowl bound. 2 weeks here if he didnt get the ball he would be crying just like he did in LA

He's unhappy because he's not playing.... 

He's not going to get a lot of targets playing on the same team as Kupp, Jefferson, and Woods.

It's similar to Mack wanting out. 

And he's 34... 

Just now, ColtJax said:

We're playing guys off the practice squad, Hilton and Paris are always hurt. We need speed, he may be 34 but he has jets..

Yup. We pretty much have no Z WR.

46 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Question Colts are currently 9th in waiver order but since 70% snaps isn’t completed yet the Colts can still claim him if he falls to them?

He's a vested veteran, so he's not subject to waivers.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think NewColtsFan said this in another thread, but this guy has issues if he is not happy on a team that very well could be super bowl bound. 2 weeks here if he didnt get the ball he would be crying just like he did in LA

I don't think he has issues, he wants to play that simple. With the Rams he wasn't on the field much (I think he was in 26% of all snaps). I don't blame a guy for wanting to go to a team where he can get on the field even if that means leaving a Super Bowl contender, I mean would you like to play or win a Super Bowl on the bench?

12 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Trade deadline has passed, so everyone is subject to waiver.  I think.

That’s correct.  Just read where he has to go through waivers.  We should claim him for this year even at 34.  He would get his reps here and he could definitely help us.  The balance of his contract is not a big deal.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That’s correct.  Just read where he has to go through waivers.  We should claim him for this year even at 34.  He would get his reps here and he could definitely help us.  The balance of his contract is not a big deal.

No they shouldn’t.  He’s a head case and a shadow of his former self.  

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

This is the nfl, not summer camp. Players don't have to be happy(but of course it helps, lol) just play and produce.

Besides he'd be happier here if he's thrown to and he would be thrown to here.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

No they shouldn’t.  He’s a head case and a shadow of his former self.  

There’s no talking to Richard about trades and FA’s. As it’s kinda his thing. One day he’s going to get one correct, we just don’t know how many more years that will be. lol

17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You are so correct.  I’m closer than you think. This might be the one.  Lol

You’ve been doing this for years, sooner or later you’ll get one correct. In the mean time, I’ll continue to give you a hard time. lol

Mug Beers GIF

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You’ve been doing this for years, sooner or later you’ll get one correct. In the mean time, I’ll continue you to give you a hard time. lol

Mug Beers GIF

It’s like the year the Colts drafted Jonathan Taylor after I did it in my mock draft.

I got one I am a genius!

what about the other 9999999 you’ve missed over the years?

Ssh we don’t speak of those lol.

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Probably because the Colts felt he was more valuable to them than what they could get back in a trade.

Or maybe, there was simply no interest in Mack, coming back from a severe injury and FA after the season. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It actually makes alot of sense, when it comes to an available Deep threat WR who fills a hole in the roster, and has already played with our QB. 

Here's some quotes from Wentz on Desean last year

“The thing about DeSean is he makes it easy for me,” Wentz said via NJ.com. “When you create the amount of separation that he does, he makes it easy.”

“I feel really good (about) being on the same page as him,” Wentz added back in August of 2020 as ex-Eagles teammates. “Even last year, when he was hurt for a while, we were always talking to each other … So, I feel like when we do get the reps out there, we’re right on cue, and I really like seeing where he’s at.”

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/11/2/22760518/could-the-colts-look-into-signing-recently-released-veteran-deep-threat-desean-jackson

and this would be nice to see

11 hours ago, Zoltan said:

It actually makes alot of sense, when it comes to an available Deep threat WR who fills a hole in the roster, and has already played with our QB. 

Here's some quotes from Wentz on Desean last year

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/11/2/22760518/could-the-colts-look-into-signing-recently-released-veteran-deep-threat-desean-jackson

and this would be nice to see

I really don’t see any downside here especially when you know they have had chemistry in the past.  We need the speedy deep threat.  And Carson does spread the ball around so he will get his targets.  Maybe Ballard will surprise us and put in a claim.

Archived