Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, October 31, 2021, 1:00 PM EDT

NFLfan

Just now, gregr507 said:

You guys are wrong about us going for it on 4th down there. You don't punt in that situation, it was a good call to go for it. Idk about the play calls on 3rd and 4th down, but Frank made the right choice.

So letting the Titans start that last drive at the 40 (with the momentumof a 4th down stop) is preferable to making them start at worst, the 20 but possibly farther back?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I can sort of get a pitch count. But also when you're up against it and really need to convert..

yup. 

he's only had 6 runs though. 

that's more than the 2 he had last game in the 1st half, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much lol

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• See I don't count Emtman.  He was a stud before the career ender.  That's why I don't count someone like RG3 a the qb.   Man Coryatt was a good player who got signed to a major contract after his rookie contract by offered by Jax and matched by Indy.  He had his best year in the AFC championship year.  He then had a devastating pec injury and couldn't really play anymore.  Not a bust.  Didn't make the pro bowl, but must've been right there several seasons.  The money he was offered by two at the time good teams shows he was a really good player.   Alberts was injury riddled.  It's hard to judge a career like that. I could see him being considered a performance bust, but he never really had a chance.  Like I said for me at both QB and position players in this discussion, I'm disregarding injury and behavior busts.  To me that's different and usually unpredictable.  Like Ki-Jana Carter for example.  Sure he was an injury bust but I have a hard time saying he was a bad draft for the Bengals.  He was awesome at PSU.  On 2nd thought be was a Bengals draft pick so probably would have sucked anyway.
    • I agree that could very well be the case. 
    • There is a difference between running up the middle as an attempt to break a long run (and gathering nice stats doing it) and running up the middle during a short yardage situation.   Because Hines can be used as a backup to JTs up the middle big-play ability doesn't mean that he's suited for converting 3rd or 4th and short or for goal line situations.    You want a pile mover to help get a critical 1 or 2 yards.  Those are the situations that drive complaints of using Hines up the gut.   As far as I know, we have never had a big, pile driving type of RB on the roster during the Ballard era.  Frank is forced to use smaller RBs for those situations if he doesn't want to use JT.
    • We all want the Colts to draft and develop a quarterback.   Where we disagree is when.    Some want it next year.   Others would prefer we wait.   That’s the on-going debate. 
  • Members

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 2,023

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 14,358

• Rolltide_gocolts

Rolltide_gocolts 109

• tfunky14

tfunky14 33

• DougDew

DougDew 4,885

• coltsfansince65