Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, October 31, 2021, 1:00 PM EDT

NFLfan

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Got to watch the game this morning. Wish I hadn’t.    I don’t know about Ryan. Sit him and save some money on the cap next season and “risk” Foles somehow getting this turd of an offense going. OR play him and risk the cap hit for a better draft pick.    Looking forward to the offseason. There’s A LOT to do for whoever’s our GM. I don’t buy it when people say we’re only a few pieces away. 
    • I’ve been checked out since we fired Reich.  I’m looking forward to the off season.   good:   - JT actually played well but once Dallas said enough, that was pretty much it for the game. - Alec Pierce and the receivers look promising.  Wonder how they’d look with a better qb  - this loss put us in the top 10 for picks   bad:   - 4th quarter defense:  35 points in one quarter.  I don’t know if this was because they were gassed or what, but to play ok for 3qtrs and then just absolutely collapse in the 4th is just down right bad. - no use of jelani woods: I don’t get it.  We’d rather put granson on the outside than to use woods who has showed when utilized he produces.  Woods should be the catching TE.  Mo should be the blocking tight end. - Matt Ryan:  I’ve already eaten crow about Ryan this year.  But wow, he’s done.   - offensive line:  just bad once again.  Ryan Kelly needs to be released.  - run defense: basically got punked.     oh, and Ballard should not be here next year.  
    • This is the most accurate evaluation, and fair about all, all things considered.    Those who think team will do much better with just a different QB or even with a top drafted rookie QB will be surprised, just like every past few years. Things like a stale offense, receivers not running correct routes, QB and WRs not getting the timing right this far into the season exposes how bad off-season practices were. Lot of such nuances, and the overall roster need to be improved.    It's not an one year process, even with an elite rookie QB drafted, and the team would need a very good coaching hire with a creative offense while keeping the defense intact. Even if it all happens, fans would need patience at least for two more off-seasons to know the effectiveness of new staff and roster. 
    • Unless they lose to the Texans, 8-9 is about as high as they are going to get.  Even if they lose out, they probably won't get higher than #5.     We will still most likely need to make a deal.  Let's hope Chicago ends up where they are.  We're a non-division, non-NFC team, and Ballard treated Eberflus right after McDaniels bailed.  They probably won't mind dealing with us.
    • It impossible to see if receivers are getting open or not by watching on tv because they don’t show the entire field, but I find it very hard to believe the colts receivers aren’t getting open. Ryan creeps throwing into tight, double, or even triple coverage. I’m sure a lot of this has to do with pressure getting to his head. There are no manning or Brady’s  out there any more that can read and anticipate where to go with the ball quickly. All the top young qb’s are a threat to run, making it harder to rush the qb and taking a lb out of coverage to keep them from making a big play running. How many times do qb’s keep drives alive with a scramble? The colts get none! That’s the difference between winning and loosing several games this year and being in the playoff picture. The receivers are big and have shown they can go up and get the ball if given a chance, I don’t think they are the problem. I also thing the line would look a lot better with a mobile qb that would expand the playbook. Time to move on at qb, let’s see what the young guy has and see what is available in the draft. I think the colts are a lot closer to a playoff team than a lot of people here are saying if they get better at qb. 
  • Members

• Los1sol

Los1sol 32

• FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland 81

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 15,463

• Coltsbluefan

Coltsbluefan 122

• smittywerb

smittywerb 706

• Drew2975