Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paye top rated rookie edge per PFF

CR91

Baldy put up a good breakdown of Kwity’s performance last week vs the 49ers. 

I mentioned this on another thread, but you can see how great Kwity’s effort is in run support of the backside in chasing down running backs. Or just in general how stout a run defender is!

The sacks are nearly there, you can really see it. Was very close to having 2 last week. I really like Paye, I think he has started his career well for us.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, Nickster said:

Paye is already a 1st class edge setter.  Whether or not he will end up being a great pass rusher is far from a settled matter, and we desperately need him to be this.   Everything I saw the scouting report is just as it said.  Incredible hands.  When he does sorta create pressure for the Colts it's been hand fighting from what I observed.  I saw it in camp.  It was obvious how good his hands were.  Probably would be a first class wrestler or MMA. 

He is exactly what he was in college so far which is why I am not confident that he will be great at getting home.  I said before the season that he is set up to be Clowney like.  Jadeveon is a major disappointment in pass rush, but commands double teams and sets a great EDGE.  

I appreciate how good Kwity has played so far and hopes he develops as a pass rusher, but to this point, the Colts have been bad at developing pass rushers. 

IMO, he's got the motor, measurables, etc. to be a good pass rusher. Just needs to work on technique and actually be used more creatively. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, Nickster said:

Paye is already a 1st class edge setter.  Whether or not he will end up being a great pass rusher is far from a settled matter, and we desperately need him to be this.   Everything I saw the scouting report is just as it said.  Incredible hands.  When he does sorta create pressure for the Colts it's been hand fighting from what I observed.  I saw it in camp.  It was obvious how good his hands were.  Probably would be a first class wrestler or MMA. 

He is exactly what he was in college so far which is why I am not confident that he will be great at getting home.  I said before the season that he is set up to be Clowney like.  Jadeveon is a major disappointment in pass rush, but commands double teams and sets a great EDGE.  

I appreciate how good Kwity has played so far and hopes he develops as a pass rusher, but to this point, the Colts have been bad at developing pass rushers. 

Who makes predictions on a rookie after 7 games?    And he didn’t play in 2-3 of those games. 

Why you feel the need to make big sweeping pronouncements about a rookie not even halfway into his first season is beyond me.   You’re not alone.  Plenty of other posters here feel the need to rush to judgement.   I just don’t know why?

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who makes predictions on a rookie after 7 games?    And he didn’t play in 2-3 of those games. 

Why you feel the need to make big sweeping pronouncements about a rookie not even halfway into his first season is beyond me.   You’re not alone.  Plenty of other posters here feel the need to rush to judgement.   I just don’t know why?

What sweeping pronouncement has been made NC?  The only prediction I’ve made about Kwity Paye is that I think he will at least be as good as Jadeveon Clowney which I pretty good.

I think you might be arguing with that mouse in your pocket again.

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, he's got the motor, measurables, etc. to be a good pass rusher. Just needs to work on technique and actually be used more creatively. 

You advocate for a bunch of stunts and twists all the time?  Occasionally on long to go downs IMO maybe, but Right EDGE’s job in most schemes on most passing downs is usually pretty clear and simple:  Beat the left tackle and get to the QB.  Only a handful of Earthlings who can do it and they get paid like ruthless day traders.  (Billions ref there BtW.  Thanks for the suggestion great show.  Wags trying to keep up with the savant kid right now by transfusions to clean his blood stream lol. )

I guess they could move him around presnap but most guys successful doing this have elite technique and Paye ain’t there yet.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

You advocate for a bunch of stunts and twists all the time?  Occasionally on long to go downs IMO maybe, but Right EDGE’s job in most schemes on most passing downs is usually pretty clear and simple:  Beat the left tackle and get to the QB.  Only a handful of Earthlings who can do it and they get paid like ruthless day traders.  (Billions ref there BtW.  Thanks for the suggestion great show.  Wags trying to keep up with the savant kid right now by transfusions to clean his blood stream lol. )

I guess they could move him around presnap but most guys successful doing this have elite technique and Paye ain’t there yet.

No, I don't advocate for a "bunch" of anything. I just don't want to be league low in blitzing or stunting.. We are so vanilla it's sad. Teams don't have to stay on their toes. They know what's coming and OLs and QBs can settle in, and get into a rhythm. 

Pay was as successful on the interior as he was exterior. Dayo is even more of a tweener type, or I should say more of an interior type. 

Wags is easily my favorite secondary character. The depth of his character gets more interesting as the seasons progress. Love Wendy too. Not sure there's a show with two better lead characters.

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No, I don't advocate for a "bunch" of anything. I just don't want to be league low in blitzing or stunting.. We are so vanilla it's sad. Teams don't have to stay on their toes. They know what's coming and OLs and QBs can settle in, and get into a rhythm. 

Pay was as successful on the interior as he was exterior. Dayo is even more of a tweener type, or I should say more of an interior type. 

Wags is easily my favorite secondary character. The depth of his character gets more interesting as the seasons progress. Love Wendy too. Not sure there's a show with two better lead characters.

My favorite all time  show is still Better Call Saul with different characters, but yeah, Billions character depth is up there for me right now.

Just now, Nickster said:

My favorite all time  show is still Better Call Saul with different characters, but yeah, Billions character depth is up there for me right now.

I like BCS, but it's no where near Billions for me. It's no where near Breaking Bad either (to me). It's got great characters and acting for sure, but way too slow burn. The final season should be lit though. They've increased the season from the normal 10, to 13 episodes. I hope AMC doesn't pull the divided season bull sheet.... 

PS... I think Rita Seehorn is smokin'

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

better Call Saul,is my favorite with 

characters, but yeah, Billions character depth is up there for me right now.

I’m not against a mix in general I just think we lack the well rounded players to pull it off.  I think we’d get gashed.  Most of our players on D  are one trick ponies IMO. 

I can’t remember what game but they sent Leonard a few times I don’t remember if he got the sack, but he caused it, and then he or Moore went a couple more times and we got gashed.  It seemed like the the staff might have been like, yeah . . . No.

I just feel we need at least one cover corner or LB to be overall effective getting aggressive. I don’t think we need a revis or a brooks all timer but at least a vontae Davis or a Warner who you can reasonably trust in iso coverage.  I just don’t see anyone trustworthy on the roster with or without injuary.

JMO.  And truthfully I hate our D BUT it has kept us in most games this year.  Repeat not a fan of the D, personnel or scheme, but we are getting it done with the TOs keeping scores down some.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I like BCS, but it's no where near Billions for me. It's no where near Breaking Bad either (to me). It's got great characters and acting for sure, but way too slow burn. The final season should be lit though. They've increased the season from the normal 10, to 13 episodes. I hope AMC doesn't pull the divided season bull sheet.... 

PS... I think Rita Seehorn is smokin'

Rita me too but incant put my finger on it.  Her voice both kinda annoys me but then I really like it too.  She’s a good enough looking woman, but not like super good looking,

I love her character.  She’s genuine and tireless in her devotion to ole slippin jimmy.  That must be it.

I love the slow burn.  I’m a big reader lifelong reader of often long, slow books though.

Just now, Nickster said:

Rita me too but incant put my finger on it.  Her voice both kinda annoys me but then I really like it too.  She’s a good enough looking woman, but not like super good looking,

I love her character.  She’s genuine and tireless in her devotion to ole slippin jimmy.  That must be it.

23 minutes ago, Nickster said:

better Call Saul,is my favorite with 

characters, but yeah, Billions character depth is up there for me right now.

I’m not against a mix in general I just think we lack the well rounded players to pull it off.  I think we’d get gashed.  Most of our players on D  are one trick ponies IMO. 

I can’t remember what game but they sent Leonard a few times I don’t remember if he got the sack, but he caused it, and then he or Moore went a couple more times and we got gashed.  It seemed like the the staff might have been like, yeah . . . No.

I just feel we need at least one cover corner or LB to be overall effective getting aggressive. I don’t think we need a revis or a brooks all timer but at least a vontae Davis or a Warner who you can reasonably trust in iso coverage.  I just don’t see anyone trustworthy on the roster with or without injuary.

JMO.  And truthfully I hate our D BUT it has kept us in most games this year.  Repeat not a fan of the D, personnel or scheme, but we are getting it done with the TOs keeping scores down some.

We're still bottom 5 in blitzing.

Just no need to be that low.

We have some guys that are successful when allowed.

17 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I love the slow burn.  I’m a big reader lifelong reader of often long, slow books though.

Rita is really fit. And has chiseled features. Unique looking to me.

Archived