Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v Titans predictions

Colt.45

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think the OL is the problem. Probably doesnt trust them.

They are not terrible though. Nothing worse than the Colts have been. Creed Humphrey has been possibly the best Center in the league the

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, and no. They revamped it with different kinds of players.

Certain LTs give you more time in the pocket but if you are Mahomes and you move 10 yards behind after the snap, a lot of DEs can get around Orlando Brown because Fisher was used to Mahomes moving back that much, Orlando Brown is not but if it is within 5-6 yards that Mahomes is able to navigate the pocket and throw, Brown is effective.

Fisher and Remmers got used to that tendency of Mahomes and Mahomes hasn't learnt to go away from those habits. So, a combination of that, Mahomes not adapting, and teams catching on to taking Kelce and Hill away since the Bucs did it in the SB, their sweeps, reverses, Hill or Kelce running free aren't working. Plus, Mahomes used to take more check downs to his RBs early on in 2018 and 2019, plus Andy Reid and the Chiefs ran the ball better. This year, that has not been the case. Teams are forcing Mahomes to be patient and he is not being patient. Hence they move the ball but turn it over more. Bottom line, NFL has caught up to Andy Reid and Mahomes and their offense, their honeymoon is over and they need to try and be patient and take what the D gives them.

Their D, definitely trash. Spags' is good for a year or two, history has shown us that. They let go of Justin Houston, who has actually fared better than Frank Clark they gave up those boatload of picks for. Plus, the half billion dollar contract for Mahomes, puts a LOT of pressure on him, IMO.

A great QB covers up a lot of front office mishaps. Brett Veach is taking heat in KC right now. Alongside Andy Reid, and Spags.....and *gasp Mahomes! It's amazing how crazy fans can be.

Spot on with the Chiefs O-Line discussion above. They spent a lot of money on the line and to be fair, while it's not been stellar, it's not been the league worst, heck i think it's been better than Indy's. 

Frank Clark was a mistake. They would have been better off keeping Houston and Dee Ford.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

They are not terrible though. Nothing worse than the Colts have been. Creed Humphrey has been possibly the best Center in the league the

A great QB covers up a lot of front office mishaps. Brett Veach is taking heat in KC right now. Alongside Andy Reid, and Spags.....and *gasp Mahomes! It's amazing how crazy fans can be.

Spot on with the Chiefs O-Line discussion above. They spent a lot of money on the line and to be fair, while it's not been stellar, it's not been the league worst, heck i think it's been better than Indy's. 

Frank Clark was a mistake. They would have been better off keeping Houston and Dee Ford.

Dan Overlosky has a great breakdown on why Mahomes is playing so bad. He is basically relying on all the scrambling that won him games in the past and it isn’t working. He is bailing on the pocket rather then sliding up in the pocket or two the side. It’s pretty crazy how he doesn’t know how to play QB at all this year when teams are shutting down all the scrambling. No doubt his bad play is somewhat contributing to the bad defense.

This is really good.

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Dan Overlosky has a great breakdown on why Mahomes is playing so bad. He is basically relying on all the scrambling that won him games in the past and it isn’t working. He is bailing on the pocket rather then sliding up in the pocket or two the side. It’s pretty crazy how he doesn’t know how to play QB at all this year when teams are shutting down all the scrambling. No doubt his bad play is somewhat contributing to the bad defense.

This is really good.

Bingo. 4 years in this league, learn to play within the pocket, it is about time Mahomes realizes that. 

It is really mind blowing to me, to be honest. Confidence is a subtle thing. Pretty soon, you are hearing steps of defenders in your head when they aren't, and forgetting the fundamentals of pocket passing. I can understand that 1 or 2 years into the league. 4 years into this league, come on Mahomes and Reid, you guys can do better than that.

4 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I think the Titans come in throwing and throwing, and i'm not sure if our secondary can stop Julio or AJ, and more importantly if we can generate enough of a pass rush to slow down Tannehill. They moved the ball at will against us in the first game. We have to bring everything on offense to win this and hopefully get a turnover or two. It'll be tough.

Feel bad doing this but 31-28 Titans. Hope i'm wrong.

I hope they do as the more they throw the less Henry gets the ball

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I think it will be high scoring. Both teams score 30 pts or more. The two leading rushers in the NFL will be fun to watch. Not having Blackmon is really going to hurt.

I don't think so. Not having elite pass rush will hurt though

6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, except they've got julio jones and AJ Brown firing. Firsker featuring lately. We want them to run the ball not throw.

Not worried about those two. Henry is still their most dangerous player. The key in this game will be running with Jonathan Taylor to keep their offense on sideline and scoring tds after each possession

22 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

We will generate offense and points.  our offense is solid. The test will be whether our defense can  stop them and generate a few turnovers.  If we can force a few turnovers we can win.

I don’t see the Titans turning it over like the first meeting with Jonas and Brown both back to full strength.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

KC isnt that good. Defense is trash and Mahomes got hurt. 

KC will be a playoff team IMO.

But regardless of their inconsistent play so far, they are still a top 5 offense. And TEN shut them down. 

Also, Mahomes got hurt in the 2nd half when they were already down 27-3.

Titans 31- Colts 17

TN is the top team in the AFC. I find it interesting how many on here think they are lucky. They Beat Buffalo, destroyed KC, beat Seattle in Seattle with Wilson. Yes they lost to to the Jets, but their only other loss was to an undefeated Arizona team. Like it or not they're good. Solid QB play, world class RB, solid Dline and an first rate aggressive young coaching staff. I expect to see them in the SB.

20 minutes ago, FRW said:

Titans 31- Colts 17

TN is the top team in the AFC. I find it interesting how many on here think they are lucky. They Beat Buffalo, destroyed KC, beat Seattle in Seattle with Wilson. Yes they lost to to the Jets, but their only other loss was to an undefeated Arizona team. Like it or not they're good. Solid QB play, world class RB, solid Dline and an first rate aggressive young coaching staff. I expect to see them in the SB.

Buffalo beat themselves by not kicking fg

58 minutes ago, FRW said:

Titans 31- Colts 17

Good offensive team, bad defense.   Wilson and Josh Allen had no problems blessing the scoreboard on Tenn. KC isnt playing good ball right now. Why are we only scoring 17 points on a bad defense in your projection again? Have you forgotten Carson is healthy and not playing on 2 sprained ankles? Theres a reason why Frank felt comfortable calling passing plays on the Titans even though Carson could barely walk. Its bc their secondary isnt good.

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Landry is going to be a issue if we don’t account for him Sunday. He has 7.5 sacks already

Carson wont be a sitting duck this time and we are certainly going to run the football a lot more than 10 times I can almost promise it.

Colts got the officiating crew who has called the most penalties this season so far. Just throw deep to Pittman lol.

11 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I predict i will be annoyed by the door bell ringing for trick or treaters during the game.  Hopefully the poor kids don't hear me yelling profanities at the television.

They trick or treat that early? Here it’s not until like 5 or 6 pm.

34 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I predict i will be annoyed by the door bell ringing for trick or treaters during the game.  Hopefully the poor kids don't hear me yelling profanities at the television.

Are you going to give out some nachos like Baker Mayfield?

As usual I have no prediction on the result.  I just have no idea.  I do expect quite a few points on both sides.

Colts are improving overall each game.  Defense is an issue still which is the most concerning part for me.

Tennessee is hitting on all cylinders and will be a tough opponent.

Have the Colts improved enough?  I think so, but they will need their best game of the year to win this one.  They really need to avoid stupid mistakes.

37 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Are you going to give out some nachos like Baker Mayfield?

lol.  

Actually i bought a bunch of mini yo-yos to give out with the candy.  I'm kind of excited about it.  Probably more than the kids will be.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts got the officiating crew who has called the most penalties this season so far. Just throw deep to Pittman lol.

They trick or treat that early? Here it’s not until like 5 or 6 pm.

That's the norm here as well but i was thinking they may come during the day because its on the weekend.  We shall see!

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They were like inches from scoring a TD. It was the right move. If Titans had gotten the ball first in overtime they would of scored a TD.

I would've went for it too, for whatever reason Allen didn't execute an easy 1st down. He should've just leaped over the pile. The play call wasn't even bad, you have a 6'5 QB so getting a couple of inches should be easy. Brissett used do that in his sleep.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would've went for it too, for whatever reason Allen didn't execute an easy 1st down. He should've just leaped over the pile. The play call wasn't even bad, you have a 6'5 QB so getting a couple of inches should be easy. Brissett used do that in his sleep.

He slipped. Maybe they could of spread the formation out a little more. 

I don't like the Chiefs OL.  They got beat in the trenches in a one-sided fashion by Tennessee and when that happens it's usually ugly.  If their defense hadn't contained the run game it would have been much uglier too.  But what we're seeing in KC is that even Mahomes isn't Mahomes without good line play.

This is a tough matchup for Indy.  I'm curious to see how well the OL will play more than anything else in this one.  If they play well the Colts have a chance so I'm hopeful.

Archived