Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v Titans predictions

Colt.45

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

You know, I have this feeling that the oline finally gels and hits its stride this week. 

Yeah I don't want to jinx it but I feel the same way.  They're playing well and hope that continues.  Titans have a good front though so we'll see.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings y'all.

Titans vs. Colts 2: Electric Boogaloo. One thing that everyone can agree on is that both teams are better than Week 3 when Wentz was basically a scarecrow back in the pocket waiting for someone to hit him. But as a visitor to these pages, I can fill in some details from the Nashville sports market on what people are saying down here and some of the mentioned issues of our previous games.

First, the Buffalo game. The final drive which ended up in the failed sneak was discussed ad infinitum in these parts. The most interesting comments came from Jeffrey Simmons who on the Titans D-line made the play against Allen. If you don't know about Simmons yet, you should. He's very good and at three years into the league is getting better every game. He sniffed out that the play was going to be a sneak based on the formation and at that point, he knew he just had to beat his man to the gap and meet Allen head on. And despite Allen's size, I'm giving that one on one matchup to Simmons. Allen slipped because it became obvious in that split second that going low to get the extra foot wasn't going to work, changed his mind and ended up falling to the ground where Simmons wrapped him up. Game over.

As for the Chiefs game, we all knew that they had flaws, but as long as they had Mahomes they could blow you out in any game. So we as fans were just as surprised as anyone to see an honest-to-goodness beat down. But I do not think we did anything different than other teams in approaching KC in recent games. Rush 4, blitz rarely and keep everything in front of you and wait for Mahomes or the team to make mistakes. Score when you get the ball since the defense is suspect. And that's it. 

Now for this game. Indy is a much better team than week 3 and Wentz has been efficient and takes care of the football. Jonathan Taylor is well on his way to a 1000+ yard season. And Indy has the usual suspects in the offense who always seem to play the Titans extremely well. After a wretched 0-3 start, the Colts have rebounded winning the last 3 out of 4 games.

The problem is that the only win of those 3 that could be considered "quality" is the 49'ers game on Sunday that was a sloppy slip'n'slide fest. This game is a must win for the Colts for many reasons.  First, it's a measurement of how far the Colts have come from the first three games. But most importantly, a loss would put the Colts 3 games back in the division and even though JAX and the Texans aren't competition this year, a loss would have the Titans win any tie breaker for the title. So it's really a playoff game.

Normally I hate games like this since it's against Indy and on the road with something important on the line, recipes for poor play from our side. But we have the bitter reminder of the Jets loss to remind everyone that we can't just walk in and expect Indy to lie down. It's going to be a physical fight since both teams are built around the running game.

As for the Titans, we now have both A.J. Brown and Julio Jones as targets on the field at the same time. We didn't have that in the Jets loss and while Henry got his yards, we had very little from the passing game. And then there is Henry who is on pace for a consecutive 2000 yard season. If he gets to the second level, anything is possible. the Chiefs sold out to stop the run, often putting 9 in the box AND having everyone within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. The result was A.J. Brown running all over the field 27 points by the half. Lastly, Tannehill is getting better protection from the O-line surrendering only 1 sack in 2 games, versus 20 sacks in the first 5. This is important considering the O-line is always banged up and has rarely played our starters together this year. Last week we played a left tackle 4 days off the street since Lewan was still in concussion protocol.

And our defense has begun to come to life, with the front getting healthy for the first time all year. Harold Landry has 7.5 sacks out of 17 total for the team. Last year the entire team had only 19 for the season. The combination is Landry, Simmons, Bud Dupree and Denico Autry are getting the job done now. The safeties are quality with Hooker back from injury and Byard playing back to his pro-bowl self. The soft underbelly is the corners, but their play has been better in the last couple of weeks, helped out by pressure from the front 4.

The Titans mission is to get a stranglehold on the AFC South in the middle of the most competitive games of the season (Bills, then Chiefs, then Colts and finally the Rams). I think Titans fans would have been happy with 2-2 in this stretch as long as one of them was Indy. We now have the possibility to really take control, but this team still has weaknesses to exploit and the Colts are built to exploit them.

8 hours ago, runthepost said:

Tennessee has bad corners but I believe they have the best coverage tandem between between their safeties in Hooker and Byard. 

@EastStreet for confirmation?

Wouldn't call their corners "bad", but they're not great. I'd call them a bit of a mess due to injury. Two lost to IR in the last 3 weeks. Jackrabbit Jenkins is the lone starter left, and he's grading in the 60s. Molden a depth guy hasn't played awful. Mabin, the newb, had a strong first game.

Both Ss grade high, Byard the highest in the NFL right now.

Overall, they play a bend don't break. But unlike our bend don't break, they don't break as much. They give up yards, but their RZ D is better than ours. Doesn't mean Wentz and our WRs shouldn't have success vs their corners. I think Pittman and TY can fair pretty well. 

Havn't been hanging around here at much but I just realized. . . this game is a must win if the Colts want to have any hope of winning the AFC South.  

A win against the Titans puts us 1 game behind them and within striking distance of the AFC South Crown.  That keeps the pressure on them a lot. 

A loss however puts us 3 games behind them and at that point there is very little pressure on them because it would take their season completely crashing for the Colts to come back and win the AFC South.

Time for my prediction, I am sitting at 7-0 so far this season so I'll try to make it 8-0. First off I think the Colts are a minimum of 8 points better than the titans. What is interesting to me it looked liked the Seahawks, jest, and bills all rolled over and played dead in the 4th quarter against the titans so the titans could come back and win those games. Hopefully the Colts will be able to play an intense amped up 60 minutes of football and dominate from beginning to end. I am going with another Colt win in this one.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:59 PM, Colt.45 said:

I think the Titans come in throwing and throwing, and i'm not sure if our secondary can stop Julio or AJ, and more importantly if we can generate enough of a pass rush to slow down Tannehill. They moved the ball at will against us in the first game. We have to bring everything on offense to win this and hopefully get a turnover or two. It'll be tough.

Feel bad doing this but 31-28 Titans. Hope i'm wrong.

I heard several of the Colts refer to stopping the bootleg plays by Tannehill. Keep him in the pocket and he has always been very mediocre.  If Julio Jones is still a little banged up our corners can minimize the damage and they can give safety help to Brown's defender. Just keep Henry near 100 and the Colts will do some damage. I also believe and cheerfully predict the offense will score at least 30. Colts 35 Titans 17. 

I believe a Colts Victory. But remember this…good teams make good comebacks in the second half. Don’t settle for any type of lead before halftime. Colts, if you are behind, make that comeback!:strong:

But what I hope for our team to win, the fans NEED to be louder than usual…all game long…kinda like the 12th Man( and Woman)!:cheer2::applause::cheer:

Mr. Wentz, show them the right stuff!

Watched the 1st game again.

Thoughts:

1.Wentz is much healthier, comfortable, and mobile.

2.OL is in much better shape.

3. Taylor ran well 1st game.

4.I expect more from Pittman this time around.  He’s taking plays personally.

5.We forced alot of turnovers.

6.Blackmon was solid help against the run.

I feel we are healthier and they are less healthy than last game. I feel this game could be competitive and tight until the end, or they could run and play action us to death.  I still am not sure where we are.  I’m optimistic and hopeful we can win the game.  Our O is in better shape, especially OL i think, and without Julio, we limit the run, key Brown in passing game, and dont let Tannehill run wild on boots.

I’m really excited for this one.

11 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Watched the 1st game again.

Thoughts:

1.Wentz is much healthier, comfortable, and mobile.

2.OL is in much better shape.

3. Taylor ran well 1st game.

4.I expect more from Pittman this time around.  He’s taking plays personally.

5.We forced alot of turnovers.

6.Blackmon was solid help against the run.

I feel we are healthier and they are less healthy than last game. I feel this game could be competitive and tight until the end, or they could run and play action us to death.  I still am not sure where we are.  I’m optimistic and hopeful we can win the game.  Our O is in better shape, especially OL i think, and without Julio, we limit the run, key Brown in passing game, and dont let Tannehill run wild on boots.

I’m really excited for this one.

They are going to lose, I can't wait for Sunday american GIF- they are going down. Come Sunday they are ours.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Four2itus said:

You know, I have this feeling that the oline finally gels and hits its stride this week. 

Whats cool is the depth we now seem to have with Q, Glow, and Reed at G... Kelly and Pinter at C, and Fish, Smith, and Pryor at T.  I’m liking that mix.  They havent played their best yet as a unit, but seemed to be steadily showing improvement.  Not to mention Q and Smith coming vack from injuries.  Fish has seemed to disappoint some, but coming off the achilles, he’s been good enough i feel.  He should improve both from time and having Q back.  In a few weeks this OL could very easily be a finely tuned instrument capable of destroying the morale of opposing defenses.

We just need to win this one game , right now, to set things in motion.

I was just looking at stats for all the WR taken in that 2020 draft in the first two rounds. It looks like Pittman has the most yards of any of them. A couple have had injuries and missed a game or two but what a nice 2nd year for Pittman. It’s so nice to have a go to WR for the future. Every team needs one they can go to in close games.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was just looking at stats for all the WR taken in that 2020 draft in the first two rounds. It looks like Pittman has the most yards of any of them. A couple have had injuries and missed a game or two but what a nice 2nd year for Pittman. It’s so nice to have a go to WR for the future. Every team needs one they can go to in close games.

Are you sure? J Jefferson had 1.4k only last year

12 hours ago, bleevit said:

I heard several of the Colts refer to stopping the bootleg plays by Tannehill. Keep him in the pocket and he has always been very mediocre.  If Julio Jones is still a little banged up our corners can minimize the damage and they can give safety help to Brown's defender. Just keep Henry near 100 and the Colts will do some damage. I also believe and cheerfully predict the offense will score at least 30. Colts 35 Titans 17. 

Julio Jones isnt playing

I think we win this game for a few reasons.....

1. We have the better QB. In the first matchup, Wentz was still kind of feeling things out and was badly hobbled by 2 sprained ankles from the week before. That isnt the case now. I feel like he is a better QB than Tannehill and will show why on Sunday. Games like this are why we got him and hes finally ready to rise to the occasion. We are gonna attack their corners downfield and they wont be able to handle it without allowing JT to run wild. Both JT and Pitt are gonna have huge games. 

2. We are better equipped to handle Henry than most teams. He will absolutely get his yards. But he gashed us in that first game and I feel like the boys are gonna come in looking to make a statement against him. I feel like we keep him from exploding and put the more of the honus on Ryan Tannehill. We have the personnel to stop him, we have seen it in the past. We are gonna execute and do the job.

3. We are as healthy as we possibly could be. Im mildly concerned about missing Julian Blackmon this week. But other than that, we have finally gotten healthy for the first time all year. Our line is much much better right now than it was week 3 and so is our QB. These are big differences.

4. Turnovers. We will win the turnover battle. We just have better playmakers on defense.

Colts   38

Titans  20

When this is over they will remember this as the game we took back our division. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Roof will be open tomorrow.

Yes they wouldn’t of activated him todsy if he wasn’t going to play.

The only thing i HATE about this news is after his 6 sacks Sunday, I’ll have to hear that darn “DAY-OOOOO” blasting even more.

Of course , of that happens, I’ll grow to love that stupid recording.  At least now it would actually mean something.  Unless the Colts are actually tropical ponies from the Caribbean.  I was lead to believe  they were originally from Texan breeding.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

The only thing i HATE about this news is after his 6 sacks Sunday, I’ll have to hear that darn “DAY-OOOOO” blasting even more.

Of course , of that happens, I’ll grow to love that stupid recording.  At least now it would actually mean something.  Unless the Colts are actually tropical ponies from the Caribbean.  I was lead to believe  they were originally from Texan breeding.

I know, I had a friend that hated that. I know I have mentioned this but a group of 4 of us would go to at least 2 games sometimes 3 for like 15 years. Everytime they would play that, that guy would go what the hell is that and he said is was annoying, I thought it was too in a way. I would actually like it now though because we have a Dayo lmao 

Archived