Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v Titans predictions

Colt.45

I think the Titans come in throwing and throwing, and i'm not sure if our secondary can stop Julio or AJ, and more importantly if we can generate enough of a pass rush to slow down Tannehill. They moved the ball at will against us in the first game. We have to bring everything on offense to win this and hopefully get a turnover or two. It'll be tough.

Feel bad doing this but 31-28 Titans. Hope i'm wrong.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Seems like people always post prediction threads before the injury reports come out lol.  Like always I’d see how that looks like before picking lol.

I'm picking us regardless in these threads... Check back at halftime of the game... Lol

Their luck is about to run out. Henry is playing against a team that has a running back that is on par with him. Taylor will go for 100. Tannehill and Wentz are pretty even. We win this game and I have no doubt. Colts 30 Titans 24. If TY plays we may win by 10. 

Yes Tennessee has had a couple of nice signatures wins over the Bills (they were extremely lucky to win that game) and they killed KC credit to them - both at home. Having said that they are coming here now and we are playing good football.

Things have changed since the last game against TEN. But they have changed for both teams.

Both teams have convincingly won some games and are playing better. Wentz is healthy and playing better, but Brown and Julio are also healthy (after missing most of the first game between both teams), which adds a different dynamic to their offense.

In the win against SF, the Colts scored 21/30 points off really short fields, two of which that were followed by DPIs that made it 1st and goal. 

But when they played TEN, they won the TO battle 3-0 against TEN...and lost by 9. So they are going to need some of that same mojo.

I don't think TEN will have as much trouble moving the ball as SF did. And we really haven't seen IND in a track meet yet...or at least we haven't seen them win one yet.

But winning a pivotal, high-scoring game against a team like TEN is the type of game they need to be able to win.

My prediction would be TEN 31 - 24, but I think they have a decent chance.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their luck is about to run out. Henry is playing against a team that has a running back that is on par with him. Taylor will go for 100. Tannehill and Wentz are pretty even. We win this game and I have no doubt. Colts 30 Titans 24. If TY plays we may win by 10. 

Yes Tennessee has had a couple of nice signatures wins over the Bills (they were extremely lucky to win that game) and they killed KC credit to them - both at home. Having said that they are coming here now and we are playing good football.

It's not luck when you beat two of the best AFC teams...one of which is a dominating win.

Even if BUF kicks a FG to tie, TEN still had a great chance to win it in OT since BUF had not stopped their offense since 1Q. That was a track meet...and they just made more plays. That wasn't extremely lucky.

And in the KC game, they scored on every 1st half possession, while shutting out KC (who is a top 5 offense, even with that dud game). So going back to the BUF game, that was 11 straight meaningful drives that they scored on.

We definitely can't underestimate the TEN offense now that Brown, Julio and even Firkser are all healthy (especially since they weren't in the last game against IND).

IMO, Tannehill has been the better QB since coming to TEN (and he's starting to play like he did last year), but I think he and Wentz have a similar chance for great games here. But Taylor isn't on par with Henry yet. It's actually been Hines who does the damage against TEN. So I expect we will see him used in this game, unless IND can get out to a commanding lead.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Well then I'll say Colts 22 Titans 0.  So when we average our together, Colts win!

I think that's how they come up with lines. Just have a couple of fans from each team throw out random blowout win scores for their team...and then average them out.

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

Titans - 38

Colts - 17

That would be a demoralizing beatdown, much like the rematch from last year.

But had it not been for a couple of very fortuitous TOs in the first game (Rogers dropping a pass into Kenny's hands at the 21-yard line or their rookie WR fumbling at the 5-yard line), the final score could have likely been close to your prediction.

I guess it comes down to how much has that gap shrunk since then? Hard to say with both teams playing good football.

26 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

This Colts run defense is solid though....so you're predicting JT runs for over 200? :D 

Yeah, that type of combined rushing total for both teams would not bode well for the Colts. That would mean Henry likely has at least 110+ yards. And in games where he has had that total against the Colts, TEN is 3-0 since 2019. 

Since the Reich era began, it seems like the Colts have one game where they run all over TEN and one where they don't. If that holds true, they would be due for a big one.

2018 - 102 yds; 158 yds

2019 - 167 yds; 82 yds

2020 - 133 yds; 56 yds 

2021 - 87 yds; TBD 

7 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Not sure I can call them solid when they gave up 140 yards, 180 yards, 111 yards against teams that can run the ball decently

Gave up 124 to HOU as well, but a lot of that was garbage time.

They were great against MIA...and did a great job containing Lamar and the LAR run game. And then not so great in the other 3 games (excluding HOU).

So it's been a bit inconsistent from game to game. Overall, still a very solid run defense.

DVOA actually has them as the #1 run defense, which is hard to believe when teams like TB and NO shut down the run game pretty regularly and have allowed 250+ less rushing yards. But I think part of that is due to only allowing 2 rushing TDs on the season (while the pass defense has allowed 16 passing TDs).

38 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

It's not luck when you beat two of the best AFC teams...one of which is a dominating win.

Even if BUF kicks a FG to tie, TEN still had a great chance to win it in OT since BUF had not stopped their offense since 1Q. That was a track meet...and they just made more plays. That wasn't extremely lucky.

And in the KC game, they scored on every 1st half possession, while shutting out KC (who is a top 5 offense, even with that dud game). So going back to the BUF game, that was 11 straight meaningful drives that they scored on.

We definitely can't underestimate the TEN offense now that Brown, Julio and even Firkser are all healthy (especially since they weren't in the last game against IND).

IMO, Tannehill has been the better QB since coming to TEN (and he's starting to play like he did last year), but I think he and Wentz have a similar chance for great games here. But Taylor isn't on par with Henry yet. It's actually been Hines who does the damage against TEN. So I expect we will see him used in this game, unless IND can get out to a commanding lead.

KC isnt that good. Defense is trash and Mahomes got hurt. 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

KC isnt that good. Defense is trash and Mahomes got hurt. 

Defense is bad. Mahomes was bad before getting hurt. The SB hangover is hitting the Chiefs badly.

Mahomes is playing like Luck used to in those 1st 2/3 seasons. He is pressing things because he feels he has to do EVERYTHING. So many mistakes. He's not playing good football right now. Tennessee beat them fair and square, Pat getting hurt had nothing to do with it.

7 minutes ago, runthepost said:

He got hurt when it was 27-3. KC problems lie in their non existing pass rush

Their D is terrible. We got problems but we are not KC bad. Buffalo win was quality but KC i dont think is that great.

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Defense is bad. Mahomes was bad before getting hurt. The SB hangover is hitting the Chiefs badly.

Mahomes is playing like Luck used to in those 1st 2/3 seasons. He is pressing things because he feels he has to do EVERYTHING. So many mistakes. He's not playing good football right now. Tennessee beat them fair and square, Pat getting hurt had nothing to do with it.

They have a bad OL as well i do believe. Played a nice part into why Titans stuffed their O. We started the year off with poor blocking but we are starting to turn the corner. I like our O against them.

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I think the OL is the problem. Probably doesnt trust them.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

They have a bad OL as well i do believe

Yes, and no. They revamped it with different kinds of players.

Certain LTs give you more time in the pocket but if you are Mahomes and you move 10 yards behind after the snap, a lot of DEs can get around Orlando Brown because Fisher was used to Mahomes moving back that much, Orlando Brown is not but if it is within 5-6 yards that Mahomes is able to navigate the pocket and throw, Brown is effective.

Fisher and Remmers got used to that tendency of Mahomes and Mahomes hasn't learnt to go away from those habits. So, a combination of that, Mahomes not adapting, and teams catching on to taking Kelce and Hill away since the Bucs did it in the SB, their sweeps, reverses, Hill or Kelce running free aren't working. Plus, Mahomes used to take more check downs to his RBs early on in 2018 and 2019, plus Andy Reid and the Chiefs ran the ball better. This year, that has not been the case. Teams are forcing Mahomes to be patient and he is not being patient. Hence they move the ball but turn it over more. Bottom line, NFL has caught up to Andy Reid and Mahomes and their offense, their honeymoon is over and they need to try and be patient and take what the D gives them.

Their D, definitely trash. Spags' is good for a year or two, history has shown us that. They let go of Justin Houston, who has actually fared better than Frank Clark they gave up those boatload of picks for. Plus, the half billion dollar contract for Mahomes, puts a LOT of pressure on him, IMO.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

We gotta be really tight on the redzone D in this one. We are going to give up some yards and thats fine but our red zone D needs to be much tighter than the first match up. Force more field goals than TDs.

We need some extra oomph from special teams for field position too, a few good returns or something like that. Last year, in TN, it was our blocked punt return for a TD that spurred our surge on Thursday Night football with Rivers and company. 

Don't get caught looking on those boot legs. Like I referenced Rex Ryan's Ds before, give a real solid chip to the RB or TE to throw off their release on your way to the QB for the boot leg thus impacting the spacing of the RB or TE when they receive a boot leg pass. Show 8 in the box and if you see Tannehill boot leg, send the rusher towards him by chipping thus limiting the time the QB has and the pass yardage for a short completion. Play man coverage vs A J Brown before passing him off to a safety, otherwise, with a full head of steam, it will be hard to stop him after he has made the catch in the zone with a free release.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

When they beat Buffalo it was a fluke, Buffalo had a 101 yard KR called back. Then Buffalo has 4th inches, not a yard, Inches and they had 6'5 QB that didn't execute it. The chances of getting 4th an inches is 95%. Yes they got lucky. I will give you the KC game, they killed them - that was impressive.

Archived