Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor is second in rushing yards

CR91

45 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Kinda surprised he hasn't asked to be the highest paid RB which I think is McCaffrey currently at 18 mil.

I believe McCaffrey has the highest average per year, which I believe is $16m per.   4-years, $64 mill. 

Other RB’s have larger total contracts, but somewhat smaller on a per year basis.   

Someone posted the top paid RBs list today and that’s what I recall seeing. 

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe McCaffrey has the highest average per year, which I believe is $16m per.   4-years, $64 mill. 

Other RB’s have larger total contracts, but somewhat smaller on a per year basis.   

Someone posted the top paid RBs list today and that’s what I recall seeing. 

My bad. I was looking at his cap hit in the later part of his contract.

What has become apparent about JT is just that he makes extra yards. I love Mack, but it's plain for everyone to see that if you put him in the same position as JT has been in every carry this year, there is no way Mack has the same yardage.

JT can turn a potential negative play into 3-4 yards and a 3-4 yard play into a 10-15 yard play.... and a 10-15 yard play to the house.

8 hours ago, Chucklez said:

What has become apparent about JT is just that he makes extra yards. I love Mack, but it's plain for everyone to see that if you put him in the same position as JT has been in every carry this year, there is no way Mack has the same yardage.

JT can turn a potential negative play into 3-4 yards and a 3-4 yard play into a 10-15 yard play.... and a 10-15 yard play to the house.

This is exactly what Reich and Ballard said when they drafted him. It’s his home run ability . I know people don’t like taking a RB that high bur in this case he is special and probably should of went higher. Yes you can get a good RB anywhere. But they don’t all have the ability to break one like Taylor does. Taylor and Henry are probably the only two in the league who can do that.

For those complaining Taylor isn’t being used enough, do you really think Frank doesn’t know how important JT is to the offense?

Seriously?   

You think this is a head scratcher?    Really?

Well…. Consider this.. Taylor might be playing hurt.   Don’t believe me?    He’s on the injury report list right now with bruised ribs.   Hello?

If Taylor isn’t being used enough there might just be a darn good reason, even if the “experts” here don’t understand it.    

Just saying…..

On 10/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, bigt said:

It’s a long brutal season.  It’s probably good Reich is limiting Taylor’s carries so he still has a lot left in the tank down the stretch.  I hate the Titans, but I like Henry.  If Henry gets hurt for any amount of time, the Titans offense will struggle.  Lucky for them their last 8 games are cream puff city.  There is a big drop off for us after Taylor so we would be in the same boat if Taylor misses any games.

Aye one of the best ways to beat the Titans is to jump to an early lead.  If you force them to play from behind you take their best weapon off the field.  

On the opposite end if the Titans jump to an early lead, comebacks are very difficult because their best weapon can bulldoze your defense and chew up clock.  

Archived