Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts PFF after 7 games

EastStreet

Adding guys we've let go since there's been some buzz...

• Autry - 60.7 - 5 sacks (tied for 14th in the NFL, and top 20 in pressures), and more than anyone on our roster. TN fans are raving about him.
  • Houston - 69.7 - 3 sacks, as much as anyone on our DL, in a limited time share role with Oweh.
  • Walker - 69.0 - higher grade and much better passer rating allowed than Oke. AW has only one missed T, while Oke has 7
  • Chester Rogers - 57.3 - grade isn't great, but better than Pascal and Dulin... Similar production to Pascal. Only 1 drop vs Pascal's 3
  • Hooker - 54.4 - not a great grade, but our Ss aren't grading great either. Looks to be playing more SS than FS based on the snap counts I've seen, and low DADOT.
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

• Autry - 60.7 - 5 sacks (tied for 14th in the NFL, and top 20 in pressures), and more than anyone on our roster. TN fans are raving about him.
  • Houston - 69.7 - 3 sacks, as much as anyone on our DL, in a limited time share role with Oweh.
  • Walker - 69.0 - higher grade and much better passer rating allowed than Oke. AW has only one missed T, while Oke has 7
  • Chester Rogers - 57.3 - grade isn't great, but better than Pascal and Dulin... Similar production to Pascal. Only 1 drop vs Pascal's 3
  • Hooker - 54.4 - not a great grade, but our Ss aren't grading great either. Looks to be playing more SS than FS based on the snap counts I've seen, and low DADOT.

That stings. 

Autry was better than he got credit for, and Walker should've never been let go.

Although Okereke has looked slightly better (eye test - but not hard to improve on where he started) that dude needs to step it up big time. I remember seeing Leonard lacing into him on the sidelines and telling him where he should be. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Oke has definitely not played well, but Walker does benefit from playing for a team that pressures the QB at a rate that is nearly 2x more than the Colts. And his aDOT is lower than it was on the Colts.

If Walker was still here, he probably wouldn't be faring much better than he did before, which was solid in the run game and a liability in the passing game. 

Edit: How the heck does Okereke have a 64.7 PFF grade? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Really wish we would’ve given Autry a more attractive initial offer.  I heard he didn’t give Ballard a chance to match?

Didn't hear that. All I've seen/heard is conjecture.

My conjecture is that TN made him feel a lot more wanted, and Ballard made him feel like he got low balled. He only got a total of 9M guarantee over 3 years from TN that had an easy out after year 2, so IMO our offer had to be pretty crummy.

11 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

That stings. 

Autry was better than he got credit for, and Walker should've never been let go.

Although Okereke has looked slightly better (eye test - but not hard to improve on where he started) that dude needs to step it up big time. I remember seeing Leonard lacing into him on the sidelines and telling him where he should be. 

Oke has played pretty bad vs every team except Miami and Houston (both bad teams / Os), and SF which was limited by a meh QB and weather. 

Outside of those 3 games, he's been abused a bit. Need him to step up big time this weekend.

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Oke has definitely not played well, but Walker does benefit from playing for a team that pressures the QB at a rate that is nearly 2x more than the Colts. And his aDOT is lower than it was on the Colts.

If Walker was still here, he probably wouldn't be faring much better than he did before, which was solid in the run game and a liability in the passing game. 

Edit: How the heck does Okereke have a 64.7 PFF grade? 

Oke has had big grades vs 2 horrible teams (Miam/Houston) and a big grade vs a weather impacted SF.  Bad grades vs everyone else. 

I agree Walker is not great in coverage, but Oke has been simply abused by every QB this year not named Mills/Brissett/JimmyG. And Walker would not have 7 missed Ts. I would have been more than happy with a time share arrangement again. But all in all, Walker's deficiencies in pass coverage aren't near as big as Oke's deficiencies vs the run, and overall, Walker to me is the overall LB. Walker was a good leader and was the QB (caller) of the D. The QB job moved to Leonard, which is a bit abnormal for a MIKE not to be a QB.

I also think our scheme is part of the issue, but that's a totally different conversation.

• Like 1