Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at 49ers Post Game Thoughts (give us your 5-10 key takeaways)


EastStreet
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Will be interesting to hear why Hines was in there at the end.  I am hoping it’s because he put the ball on the ground twice and not because he was hurt.

Reed needs to replace Glow.

Michael Pittman is the future and the future is now.

Leonard keeps making good things happen.

Rhodes just keeps getting it out and was rewarded with a craft INT.

Carson was off but still played well enough in awful conditions to help his team win.  That’s mark of a franchise QB.  Also gutsy running but glad it’s few and far between games wise.  
Taylor is a franchise back.

Cox is becoming redzone beast.  
Badgely keeps playing well.  The Colts might have a decision to make at kicker in a couple of weeks.

The Colts need to figure out the bootleg.  The Titans are going to use that and counters too death next week and unlike the 49ers they won’t go away from it.  It amazes me that a team who plays the Titans and Texans twice a year who love the bootleg can always look like they have never seen it before when a team uses it.

Muhammad remains the most consistent end but Paye made his presence felt.

I expect Mack to be traded this week unless Taylor is hurt.

I got really annoyed with all the screens that weren’t working all game long but many they paid off big time with that game sealing TD to Pittman.  Sometimes that’s what coaches do, call something all game to set up another play.  
The Colts are showing they will throw it deep and now that Pittman is emerging as legit number one and getting TY back should make teams think twice about stacking the box and give Taylor more running room.

Why put in Taylor in when the game is decided and risk injury is my question to you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Will be interesting to hear why Hines was in there at the end.  I am hoping it’s because he put the ball on the ground twice and not because he was hurt.

As other said, only injury was BoPete. So likely was fumbling and Hines being more secured. Hopefully this is Taylor's one bad fumbling game.

 

 

Key Takeaways:

1 DL FF 

2 Muhammed and Kwitty FF and Recovery

3 Xavier Rhodes INT

4 Willis INT:D

 

5 Wentz finally doing a little RPO in the RZ, I have been wanting that for weeks, since it kept being open

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Will be interesting to hear why Hines was in there at the end.  I am hoping it’s because he put the ball on the ground twice and not because he was hurt.

Reed needs to replace Glow.

Michael Pittman is the future and the future is now.

Leonard keeps making good things happen.

Rhodes just keeps gutting it out and was rewarded with a craft INT.

Carson was off but still played well enough in awful conditions to help his team win.  That’s mark of a franchise QB.  Also gutsy running but glad it’s few and far between games wise.  
Taylor is a franchise back.

Cox is becoming redzone beast.  
Badgely keeps playing well.  The Colts might have a decision to make at kicker in a couple of weeks.

The Colts need to figure out the bootleg.  The Titans are going to use that and counters too death next week and unlike the 49ers they won’t go away from it.  It amazes me that a team who plays the Titans and Texans twice a year who love the bootleg can always look like they have never seen it before when a team uses it.

Muhammad remains the most consistent end but Paye made his presence felt.

I expect Mack to be traded this week unless Taylor is hurt.

I got really annoyed with all the screens that weren’t working all game long but many they paid off big time with that game sealing TD to Pittman.  Sometimes that’s what coaches do, call something all game to set up another play.  
The Colts are showing they will throw it deep and now that Pittman is emerging as legit number one and getting TY back should make teams think twice about stacking the box and give Taylor more running room.

credit Frank after a rocky first couple of drives that was one of the cleanest rain games I’ve seen a team play.  Frank had them ready.

 

Agree with everything, but why the Reed over Glow comment?

I didn't see Glow playing bad at all.

 

What I did see is Fisher getting knocked back, boat raced, and overall manhandled most downs.

 

If anything, I'm going to figure out how to replace him next week.

Did you see Autry wreck Mahomes and the KC OL this week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

In a strange way that’s great news.  Clearly, not that they were worried he would put the ball on the ground but that’s he not hurt.  Can’t really blame them considering he put the ball on the ground twice.  Also, since they were just pounding it into the line Hines can do that and saves some carries on Taylor which will extend his career over time.  The only thing that could have hurt them there would have been a fumble.

 

I was surprised they were running at all, figured they would kneel it to avoid the chance of a fumble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Give Fisher a break he going against one the best pass rushers in the league. Did Bosa get a sack I don't think so it's not even a conversation after tonight. 

Bosa is going to get one or two plays a game regardless of who the tackle is.  Fisher is still the Colts best current option at LT.  That COULD change when Smith comes back but I doubt it given how well Fisher is playing in the run game.

 

The move I want to see is Reed take over the starting RG spot.  I’d also like to see them try running behind Reed on the Goalline once or twice just so teams don’t sell out on Q.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Agree with everything, but why the Reed over Glow comment?

I didn't see Glow playing bad at all.

 

What I did see is Fisher getting knocked back, boat raced, and overall manhandled most downs.

 

If anything, I'm going to figure out how to replace him next week.

Did you see Autry wreck Mahomes and the KC OL this week?

I agree, FIsher unless he shows up later this season, I cant see him back next year. The issue is this year, there is no one for us who could play better (as we saw Davenport already)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Fisher in the run game. Still working his way back in the passing game.. Against Tenn Fishers problem was with Landry. Autry wasnt the big deal. I dont expect a repeat of that though. We will ride the run game a whole lot more than the first game. Also Wentz can move this time. Defensively speaking i dont like how beat up our secondary is though. Terrible timing with Julio and Brown coming to town.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JediXMan said:

Titans fans acting super cocky about next weeks game. Would be so great if the Colts humble them next week. :thmup:

Speaking of fans seeing a lot of 49ers and Eagles fans wishing they had Frank and talking about how bad Frank out coached Shannon.  I get this is a Colts site and as fans we will always be super critical of the head coach but maybe we should realize that while he’s not perfect he is pretty good and there is a reason he is thought of as a good coach around the league.  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

 

Nice.

 

This is great news. Hate it for Bopete, but we needed a game where we didn't have multiple players or big names going down.

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank just said in the post game presser the late TD pass to Pittman was a product of the Ravens game.  He learned from the run play on 3rd and 8 and he said he told the team he wasn’t doing that again he was calling a pass.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Give Fisher a break he going against one the best pass rushers in the league. Did Bosa get a sack I don't think so it's not even a conversation after tonight. 

 

Sorry. He's been bad. Not just against Bosa.

And no, he didn't get a sack, but he hit Wentz at least 3 times.

 

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think Fisher gave up any bad plays. Nothing that hurt the team at least.

3 QBHs at minimum tonight....

I've been watching him closely on games I don't have to stream. 

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I agree, FIsher unless he shows up later this season, I cant see him back next year. The issue is this year, there is no one for us who could play better (as we saw Davenport already)

I think we have several options. They're just not popular. 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like Fisher in the run game. Still working his way back in the passing game.. Against Tenn Fishers problem was with Landry. Autry wasnt the big deal. I dont expect a repeat of that though. We will ride the run game a whole lotore than the first game.

He's not really impressive in the run game to me. He's decent out in space vs LBs or DBs (twitter was going nuts last week over him tossing a little LB around), but one on one blocking when we're hitting the B gap has not been good at all. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Deep ball is there bc hes not getting hammered anymore. Also the run game must be respected. Helps tie people up on the play passes.

 

Kinda like '18 with the old guy, started short passes and then built up after

 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I thought that one to Coutee was nice. Coutee had a couple nice plays.

So you thought it was a "Coutee Play"haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Fisher had his struggles. But, I will say, that defensive front wasn’t just a bunch of pushovers. That was a great defensive unit they lined up against tonight. 

Jones is decent, but Street is a second stringer and not good (Kinlaw was out)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Michael Pittman is quickly becoming a legit number 1. I love the attitude he plays with. He is like the Quenton Nelson of WRs. He plays to the whistle every down, no matter what the situation is. I might invest in a jersey 

 

-Jonathan Taylor shouldnt leave the field so much. Hes our best offensive player and I dont know of another team that pulls thier best offensive player out as much as we do. 

 

-It would be nice to get completely healthy in the defensive backfield for next week, but I doubt we will be that lucky. It would also be nice to find an adequate stop gap to fill in for Julian the rest of the year. I suspect Odum could be trouble against certain teams in good weather conditions unless we suddenly develop a pass rush. Maybe thats the answer, trade for a pass rusher instead of a safety? And maybe Carrie can play there when he gets back?

 

- It would be nice to get more pressure on the QB. Heres to hoping Dayo is the next Michael Strahan.

 

-I still dont like Frank Reich as a coach. Bizarre play calling, odd game management, questionable decision making, etc.

 

-Carson Wentz had a shaky stretch in this game. But he also made some really nice plays. That scramble for a 1st down in the 4th was a big play. And he had a couple beauties to Pitt. For all the criticism hes been getting, I have to give Ballard a lot of credit for making this move. He looks like he was worth the gamble, so far.

 

-Also I feel like Reich has some kind of obsession with Ashton Dulin. Maybe hes a good kid and works really hard. But could we please leave those WR screen plays to him on paper from here on out? They never go anywhere.

 

-Is it just me or does Okereke look like a different player the last 2 weeks? 14 tackles last week, and I thought he played very well tonight. Hopefully he keeps it up.

 

- After that 0-3 start, we have actually played really well, outside of a single quarter in Baltimore. And if we dont start 0-3, that loss doesnt sting nearly as much. I feel like we still have a chance. We need to get healthy on defense. Getting TY back will be big. Getting healthy on defense would be great. Improving our pass rush as the year goes would be nice.

 

-We are gonna have to continue to improve and put together some outstanding performances against some of these top tier teams remaining on the schedule. Call me an optimist, homer, or even delusional, but I think we can do it. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

 

This is great news. Hate it for Bopete, but we needed a game where we didn't have multiple players or big names going down.

giphy.gif

 

Sorry. He's been bad. Not just against Bosa.

And no, he didn't get a sack, but he hit Wentz at least 3 times.

 

3 QBHs at minimum tonight....

I've been watching him closely on games I don't have to stream. 

I think we have several options. They're just not popular. 

He's not really impressive in the run game to me. He's decent out in space vs LBs or DBs (twitter was going nuts last week over him tossing a little LB around), but one on one blocking when we're hitting the B gap has not been good at all. 

No i like him in the run game. Weve run well since hes been in there. Weve stayed running off the left side mostly even when Quenton was out. I think hes better than u give credit. I will allow your criticism in the passing game for now. We all know hes still not back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

- Michael Pittman is quickly becoming a legit number 1. I love the attitude he plays with. He is like the Quenton Nelson of WRs. He plays to the whistle every down, no matter what the situation is. I might invest in a jersey 

 

-Jonathan Taylor shouldnt leave the field so much. Hes our best offensive player and I dont know of another team that pulls thier best offensive player out as much as we do. 

 

-It would be nice to get completely healthy in the defensive backfield for next week, but I doubt we will be that lucky. It would also be nice to find an adequate stop gap to fill in for Julian the rest of the year. I suspect Odum could be trouble against certain teams in good weather conditions unless we suddenly develop a pass rush. Maybe thats the answer, trade for a pass rusher instead of a safety? And maybe Carrie can play there when he gets back?

 

- It would be nice to get more pressure on the QB. Heres to hoping Dayo is the next Michael Strahan.

 

-I still dont like Frank Reich as a coach. Bizarre play calling, odd game management, questionable decision making, etc.

 

-Carson Wentz had a shaky stretch in this game. But he also made some really nice plays. That scramble for a 1st down in the 4th was a big play. And he had a couple beauties to Pitt. For all the criticism hes been getting, I have to give Ballard a lot of credit for making this move. He looks like he was worth the gamble, so far.

 

-Also I feel like Reich has some kind of obsession with Ashton Dulin. Maybe hes a good kid and works really hard. But could we please leave those WR screen plays to him on paper from here on out? They never go anywhere.

 

-Is it just me or does Okereke look like a different player the last 2 weeks? 14 tackles last week, and I thought he played very well tonight. Hopefully he keeps it up.

 

- After that 0-3 start, we have actually played really well, outside of a single quarter in Baltimore. And if we dont start 0-3, that loss doesnt sting nearly as much. I feel like we still have a chance. We need to get healthy on defense. Getting TY back will be big. Getting healthy on defense would be great. Improving our pass rush as the year goes would be nice.

 

-We are gonna have to continue to improve and put together some outstanding performances against some of these top tier teams remaining on the schedule. Call me an optimist, homer, or even delusional, but I think we can do it. 

I was happy to see Okereke get a PD...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...