Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 7 Around the NFL Game Thread (Coverage Maps included)

NFLfan

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Chase with a huge play! 3 and 2nd slant turns into broken tackles and a huge touchdown! Let’s freaking go!

LSU is a WR factory! Chase is from LSU, right? The Vikings drafted Justin Jefferson out of LSU last year and he has been great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Jamar Chase with a TD for the Bengals. They are up 10. 

Yep. Poor tackling has plagued us all year. Harbaugh should have kicked that 57 yard FG in the first half, then Cincy scored off that. 10 point turnaround. Then Lamar takes a sack and puts us out of FG range. Another three points. Doesn’t look good 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard could of cut Banogu and signed Autry. All reports are he let Autry go over a measly 1 million dollars.

There is Autry again.

Not really cutting Banogu would at most save us 1 million and autry is getting paid 3 year 21 million with a hit of 3.5 million, Which wouldn't work out cap wise. also Autry would have taken Lewis' snaps which he has actually been good.

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

They are a good team. Not surprised offensively, but their defense is surprisingly fast and good. I’m about ready to mow my lawn !

Yeah, I do feel for ya. You’re one of my favorite posters on here. Much respect! 

The Bengals spent quite a bit on defensive free agents. Looks like they’re starting to gel. 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Not really cutting Banogu would at most save us 1 million and autry is getting paid 3 year 21 million with a hit of 3.5 million, Which wouldn't work out cap wise. also Autry would have taken Lewis' snaps which he has actually been good.

He could of structured the contract where he could be cut after a year. If Paye and Dayo looked good then they could of cut him.  I am just sick outside of Wentz how he handled this offseason. Everyone knew after FA what he did was bad.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yeah, I do feel for ya. You’re one of my favorite posters on here. Much respect! 

The Bengals spent quite a bit on defensive free agents. Looks like they’re starting to gel. 

We’ve won a lot of lucky games this year. Right now, we are flat out getting outplayed. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It is just one game. Baltimore should make the playoffs.

I like all the teams in that division but it does not seem like Pitt will make the playoffs. It should be the end for Big Ben and maybe Tomlin. 

He could of structured the contract where he could be cut after a year. If Paye and Dayo looked good then they could of cut him.  I am just sick outside of Wentz how he handled this offseason. Everyone knew after FA what he did was bad.

Why would Autry sign that contract though, the Titans contract would be considered significantly better by comparison

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

It is just one game. Baltimore should make the playoffs.

I like all the teams in that division but it does not seem like Pitt will make the playoffs. It should be the end for Big Ben and maybe Tomlin. 

The problem is we have 17 on IR. Mekari, another OT , went out today. We could get into the playoffs, but injuries could prohibit a deep run. We would totally stink without Lamar this year. He can’t do everything. That’s the NFL. Cincy did a great rebuild. That North division is always a meat grind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Why would Autry sign that contract though, the Titans contract would be considered significantly better by comparison

He wanted to come back . From what I remember it wasn’t even about years. It was about the guaranteed money. The difference was only 1 million. I am sure Titans have protection in their contract too because of his age.

Did Darnold get benched?

Just now, Wentzszn said:

He wanted to come back . From what I remember it wasn’t even about years. It was about the guaranteed money. The difference was only 1 million. I am sure Titans have protection in their contract too because of his age.

His dead cap hit next year is 9 million guaranteed, they have an out after next season

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Ballard could have made it work we all knew Autry was better than Lewis or any other pass rusher we have on the team. He let him go because he wants his draft picks to get a chance.

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s time Ballard goes out and gets those few extra difference makers. We have the QB it looks like so time to finish this thing. 

This team has been good enough as currently constructed to win those games. I blame lack of execution and in game decision making. And we always seem to start the season unprepared. 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ballard could have made it work we all knew Autry was better than Lewis or any other pass rusher we have on the team. He let him go because he wants his draft picks to get a chance, even though everyone knew it would be a downgrade.

Lewis has played well and if you like pff grades significantly better than Autry. The whole argument "well he should of made it work" is ridiculous because his replacement has played better depending on your metric. Autry wouldn't fix the defense, the problem is scheme.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Lewis has played well and if you like pff grades significantly better than Autry. The whole argument "well he should of made it work" is ridiculous because his replacement has played better depending on your metric. Autry wouldn't fix the defense, the problem is scheme.

Yeah but we could of had both. That would of helped the pass rush. Lewis coming in for Autry instead of what’s going on now. 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

This team has been good enough as currently constructed to win those games. I blame lack of execution and in game decision making. And we always seem to start the season unprepared. 

They need more difference makers. Are we close yes. But we don’t have the extra couple difference makers that win close games.

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I dont like pff, not the player grades anyways its similar to madden ratings. You have to think about the people rating the players are just pff employees. My problem is not with the loss of Autry in particular. More so Ballards approach to FA and his attachment to his draft picks

Yeah but we could of had both. That would of helped the pass rush. Lewis coming in for Autry instead of what’s going on now. 

No it wouldn't because Autry would have taken Lewis' snaps because they play the same role. So if we signed Autry most likely Lewis would just be sitting on the bench.