Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Colts Game Attended

sb41champs

I started to ask which Colts game - that you attended - was your all-time favorite game.  Then I realized that I'd better allow for TWO - because it was highly likely that most respondents would share two because they couldn't pick just one.  Kind of like Lay's Potato Chips.   LOL

So - what are the TWO Colts games - that you ATTENDED - are your all-time favorite games? 

Oct 8th, 1995 in Miami....Tied for biggest regular season comeback in club history. Down 24-3 at halftime Capt Comeback Jim Harbaugh 319 yards 3 tds vs 0 int lead them to ot victory.

In that game Tony McCoy was ejected for a questionable late hit on Dan Marino, on drive home we stopped at a rest stop and a few ladies were dressed in McCoy jerseys. I told my buddies Tony McCoy jerseys arent a thing so I went up and sure enough Tony's wife and relatives. They grew up and lived in Orlando.

Real fun afternoon, beating Phins was always big for Colts fans in Florida in the old AFC East days.

6 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Super Bowl 41 

and Super Bowl 41

I live in NY have been to Indy 3 times ‘96 Buffalo - Found the Colts store in the lower level of the mall and bought a ton of stuff Still have a Colts winter Jacket lol

Giants Pats super bowl and Colts Giants 1st game of season 

You must be the man that I met at Times Square dressed in Colts blue from head to toe a few years ago. haha I'm in NY too and used to listen religiously to WFAN. There was a Colts fan who called the station nearly every day. He was from Belville.

Welcome to the forum.

Join other Colts fans on the Game Thread or the Chat tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I started to ask which Colts game - that you attended - was your all-time favorite game.  Then I realized that I'd better allow for TWO - because it was highly likely that most respondents would share two because they couldn't pick just one.  Kind of like Lay's Potato Chips.   LOL

So - what are the TWO Colts games - that you ATTENDED - are your all-time favorite games? 

Monday, November 28, 2005 against the Steelers.

First offensive play of the game:  Manning to Harrison, 80 yards.

Super Bowl & AFC title game vs Patriots.  4th & 2 may have been the loudest the Luc has ever been. Stadium was literally rocking. And I predicted the final score in the 3rd when we were still trailing big.  Luck comeback vs KC is up there and I’ll go with the Manning vs Favre (all passes in the 1st half shootout) to round out my top 5.  Had never seen anything like that.  Peyton was so dang hot a hall of famer like Edge couldn’t even get a carry.  And another hall of famer in Favre got jealous and wanted to show Peyton he could do it too…  

The worst are Vandershank vs Steelers. Left the stadium totally gutted that day.  That Super Bowl was gift wrapped for us.  Just had to get past the Steelers…. And giving up on perfection vs the Jets.  Left that game steaming hot with anger.  All the other 1st round exits follow.  The Volek Chargers debacle stands out the most.

1: 1999 Colts vs Bengals, because I went with my Father who is no longer here on this earth.  The Colts easily won and it was so cool to watch Peyton, Edge, and Marvin do their pre-game warm up ritual.

2:  1983 Colts vs Jets, because I was the only Colts fan, or at least it seemed like it, at Shea Stadium.  The Colts ran the wishbone that year and were big underdogs but won.

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You must be the man that I met at Times Square dressed in Colts blue from head to toe a few years ago. haha I'm in NY too and used to listen religiously to WFAN. There was a Colts fan who called the station nearly every day. He was from Belville.

Welcome to the forum.

Join other Colts fans on the Game Thread or the Chat tomorrow. 

Thanks appreciate the warm welcome I’m not the guy in times square but I was the first fan to greet Peyton at the draft Were u there? Told my then 8 and half month pregnant wife that I had to go. Attended the hall of fame ceremony to go full circle with Peyton

I have called in many times to WFAN As far back as Peyton’s draft

I’m hoping to get The HOF to display the draft radio with the logo in Canton

Funny thing we ran into Ryan Leaf who was in our hotel and he couldn’t believe I saved it

7 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Thanks appreciate the warm welcome I’m not the guy in times square but I was the first fan to greet Peyton at the draft Were u there? Told my then 8 and half month pregnant wife that I had to go. Attended the hall of fame ceremony to go full circle with Peyton

I have called in many times to WFAN As far back as Peyton’s draft

I’m hoping to get The HOF to display the draft radio with the logo in Canton

Funny thing we ran into Ryan Leaf who was in our hotel and he couldn’t believe I saved it

No, I was not there. I never went to Radio City for the drafts. I watched them from my home but I thought of going once. 

The guy who used to call WFAN said his name was Ralph. He is the only Colts fan I remember calling there. 

Join us on the game thread tonight:

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No, I was not there. I never went to Radio City for the drafts. I watched them from my home but I thought of going once.  

That was so long ago, it was at I think they called it the pavilion at MSG lol             

The guy who used to call WFAN said his name was Ralph. He is the only Colts fan I remember calling there.

Good memory I was trying to come up with that                                 

Join us on the game thread tonight:

this is easy for me

November 2009 - Colts complete 17 point 4th quarter comeback vs the Nemesis Brady and Belichick Patriots... win 35-34 in epic fashion with a late TD pass to Wayne with 13 sec left after the Pats decided to go for it on 4th and 2 on their own 28 yard line up 6 points to try and get to 3 kneel downs... but Bill calls a timeout to get the play right after the stadium went NUTS on the 3rd and 2... then everyone got quiet for a second realizing that the Patriots weren't going to punt. then the stadium exploded when Bob Sanders backup made the tackle as the Pats RB was initially bobbling the catch or else he would've probably gotten the 2 full yards and Patriots kneel 3 times. Bill couldn't challenge it because he had wasted 2 TIMEOUTS on THAT drive. 1 before the first 1st down play and the second when he decided he was scared to punt to Manning and make him drive 80 yards with 2 min left with a 6 point lead... 

AMAZING GAME and it started to alter how coaches went about 4th downs in games with 1 yard, 2 yards... 3 yards... analytics and stats came into play big time in the next couple years following this Belichick gamble and failure. But all it was WAS Bill being afraid to give Manning the ball back against his tired defense. It's even on video of replays of the game on youtube... Belichick says "i don't want to give him the ball back". 

OH... and to the COLTS fans who left that game when the Colts were down 17 early in the 4th or down 10 a little later in the 4th Q when Peyton threw a pick because of a miscommunication with a WR.... I hope you all are STILL regretting leaving the game early. SHAME ON YOU.

I yelled at people to stay in their seats till the end... that they're QB was Manning the comeback king. I YELLED at Colts fans leaving all around the section I was sitting in... I TRIED. 

I pity those sad sack fans who GIVE UP and leave early with a HOF SB winning QB like Manning.

oh, and the 2nd best game was later that season in the AFCCG vs Jets... down 6-17. Win 30-17. Sealed the trip to Super Bowl 44 with a playaction pass over the middle to #44 Dallas Clark my favorite TE of all time. City was electric following that win even with the cold rain. Figured we were destined to win the SB until I heard Freeney had hurt himself late in the game and we didn't notice that when it happened because everyone was too fired up since victory was mere minutes away! What a game by Pierre Garcon that day... too bad about his drop vs the Saints 2 weeks later.

So I haven't topped those 2 games in 12 years... although seeing the Colts beat Manning and his 6-0 Broncos in 2013 39-33 was pretty epic. Manning's "homecoming"

12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Colts patriots fourth and two game. About 10,000 people left the game early. It was a beautiful thing to come back and beat Bill and Company. After that game it was a fantastic party until about 3 o’clock in the morning

THANK YOU... yes... I was there with a buddy. 

SO MANY people left early. They left when it was 14-31.... then more left when it was 21-31 and Peyton threw a pick

the Pats fans at this game left the stadium so fast as to avoid eating crow after talking smack from quarter 2 till mid 4th Q ... wimps

1.  Dan Marino's NFL Record 343 TD game - November 26, 1995:

I am also a fan of the Miami Dolphins.  A friend & I attended the game and were sitting in the end zone as the Dolphins were driving.  During a break in the action - I leaned over to my friend and told him to expect Marino to throw to RB Keith Byars out in the flat for the TD.  Low & behold - my prediction came true - the TD was right in front of us.  Everyone around us heard my comment to my friend - and - were high-fiving and patting me on the back for correctly predicting the new NFL record TD pass.  Lots of fun that day.

2.  Peyton Manning's NFL Record 49 TD's game - December 26, 2004:

I was sitting in the press box @ the RCA Dome as a sports reporter for a Central Indiana public radio station.  The press box was packed and they asked me to sit on the Chargers side of the press box to allow for as many Colts reporters as possible.  Fine with me - I had a much better seat and much better view.  I was almost breathless as Manning matched Dan Marino's single-season TD record of 48 with a shovel pass to RB James Mungro.  Just ONE more TD and the NFL record would be Manning's.  The Chargers weren't going to go down easy.  The game was tight - multiple things happened.  The fan base LITERALLY had the building shaking and swaying.  Manning hit WR Brandon Stokley for the touchdown - and - the Colts faithful AND the press box erupted.  Manning - however - had to ask the crowd for quiet as the Colts attempted a 2-point conversion to win the game 34-31 in overtime.  Priceless!! 

The 4th and 2 game for me. My mom and I were in the nosebleeds for the first half. At halftime we were walking around the lower levels and a couple came up to with tickets behind the endzone. Hearing Peyton’s audibles clear as day was pretty cool. I couldn’t believe how loud it got when Reggie scored the go ahead touchdown. 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

By far...AFC Championship game vs Patriots 2007.

Lost my voice and my mind.

Same here - best game I've ever been too. I'm not a big memorabilia guy but I still have the newspaper the Colts printed and handed fans as you left the stadium. Best game ever for me. 

After that probably the Chargers game to end the home schedule (2004 or 2005) when Peyton broke all the single season passing records and Rhodes returned a kickoff to force OT which ultimately led to a Colts win. 

Archived