Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG Rotation


bWild
 Share

Recommended Posts

Upon the return of Big Q, Reich says Chris Reed and Glowinski will split time at RG. It seems the writing on the wall says that Glowinski’s days here may be numbered. I’m sure his play has been affected by the health of the other starters, but this certainly hasn’t been Glowinski’s best season. Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think rotate is coaching code word for if Glow doesn't play better Reed will get his job.

 

One huge thing that everyone talks about when it comes to Oline thats not a stat is synergy between the 5. The more all 5 start together, the more synergy they have together, the better the line plays.

 

I think its every teams goal to have as much consistency at Oline as possible. So to me rotating makes no sense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glow is at the end of his contract.  He's a free agent next year.  He's pushing 30.  And Ballard has to decide if he's gonna pay his ENTIRE offensive line the extra money or not.  If Reed plays better than Glow, at a lower cost, then that may be the way they go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Glow is at the end of his contract.  He's a free agent next year.  He's pushing 30.  And Ballard has to decide if he's gonna pay his ENTIRE offensive line the extra money or not.  If Reed plays better than Glow, at a lower cost, then that may be the way they go.

Reed is the same age. So it will come down to money. Which guy is cheaper.  Reed might not be as cheap as everyone thinks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reed is the same age. So it will come down to money. Which guy is cheaper.  Reed might not be as cheap as everyone thinks.

Very true.  Reed was a starting LG at Carolina last year.  He’s no slouch.  I was very surprised and happy when we signed him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

Has Reed played any RG? If so, how much? Are we putting the wagon before the horse here? From what I've read and heard on various podcasts is its not really that easy switching which side of the line you're on. 

I have no idea.  But coach mentioned alternating him with Glowinski so maybe him being a veteran helps with the move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Reed is the same age. So it will come down to money. Which guy is cheaper.  Reed might not be as cheap as everyone thinks.

Exactly!  When he was signed so late I was surprised he was still around and disapointed that it wasn't for at least 2 years.  If he takes Glow's job, he is going to want Glow money, so it is a wash, should they go that route.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

Exactly!  When he was signed so late I was surprised he was still around and disapointed that it wasn't for at least 2 years.  If he takes Glow's job, he is going to want Glow money, so it is a wash, should they go that route.

I can see why they are trying Reed there though. Why not see if he can be more effective then glow. If they are going to cost the same then it’s smart to take the better player. It’s really too bad we can’t keep both. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I can see why they are trying Reed there though. Why not see if he can be more effective then glow. If they are going to cost the same then it’s smart to take the better player. It’s really too bad we can’t keep both. 

Oh I agree, just also agreeing that it may not be at a reduced price next year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bWild said:

Upon the return of Big Q, Reich says Chris Reed and Glowinski will split time at RG. It seems the writing on the wall says that Glowinski’s days here may be numbered. I’m sure his play has been affected by the health of the other starters, but this certainly hasn’t been Glowinski’s best season. Thoughts?

Wouldn't write Glow off just yet. He's been playing next to musical chairs at RT since after week 1, and Kelly has had a very down year. He/Glow had a bad game in week 2 vs the Ram's interior DL / Donald (most teams do). And he's only given up 1 sack and zero penalties. 

9 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Perhaps it’s more an indicator of Reed’s solid play over Glow’s lack of production.  I don’t think Glow has been bad but it’s looking like Reed is playing better.  

Keep in mind Glow was graded the best Colts player overall vs Baltimore... Not the best OL, the best player. And Reed had the luxury of not starting off with bad grades vs LAR... 

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Glow is at the end of his contract.  He's a free agent next year.  He's pushing 30.  And Ballard has to decide if he's gonna pay his ENTIRE offensive line the extra money or not.  If Reed plays better than Glow, at a lower cost, then that may be the way they go.

Both are 30. Both are FAs. Reed is cheaper though. Glow about 7M, Reed about 1.3M.

Given we've got a ton of extensions coming up, it'll likely be about cost. Reed I'm sure will have interest from other teams since he's doing well, and I'm sure would want a healthy raise and more than a one year. Glow would likely be willing to take a pay cut to stay (just my opinion). So might end up being a reverse auction lol. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wouldn't write Glow off just yet. He's been playing next to musical chairs at RT since after week 1, and Kelly has had a very down year. He/Glow had a bad game in week 2 vs the Ram's interior DL / Donald (most teams do). And he's only given up 1 sack and zero penalties. 

Keep in mind Glow was graded the best Colts player overall vs Baltimore... Not the best OL, the best player. And Reed had the luxury of not starting off with bad grades vs LAR... 

Both are 30. Both are FAs. Reed is cheaper though. Glow about 7M, Reed about 1.3M.

Given we've got a ton of extensions coming up, it'll likely be about cost. Reed I'm sure will have interest from other teams since he's doing well, and I'm sure would want a healthy raise and more than a one year. Glow would likely be willing to take a pay cut to stay (just my opinion). So might end up being a reverse auction lol. 

 

Reed won’t be that cheap if we decide to bring him back as a starter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...