Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF we lose against SF, are playoffs out of the picture?

Frenchy789

5 hours ago, Pelt said:

If we lose tomorrow and the Titans win, our playoff chances are on life support.

Likely season would be over at that point (all but the scoreboard watching), but I just don't see us losing to the 49ers.  The only way I see us losing is if Bosa just terrorizes Fisher and in turn Wentz.  These guys know the importance of this game and I think when their backs are firmly up against the wall (which they are), I think they will respond and in a big, big way.  They are hungry to get back into the fray by listening to them.  One other thing that I will be looking for is for someone who has not jumped out at us yet this year to step up to the plate and go yard (I'm confident that it will happen because I'm positive that someone will want to make a name for themselves)...who's it going to be though?, perhaps Strachan, maybe Granson.  

On 10/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, Frenchy789 said:

We knew the start would be brutal and we're a blocked FG from 2-3. 

We've got the Cards, Tompa Bay, Bills and Titans left to play and we need to win at least 1-2 of those AND beat all the other beatable teams. 

Now if we lose to the Niners, 1-5 with the Titans coming up and a banged up injured to hell'n'back defense. 

Should we just accept the season is lost and try and save our 1st round pick? 

@SF and vs Tennessee are must wins, no doubt

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the Titans aren’t helping them.  There have been some floating that’s not a good team Tennessee.  They might want to rethink that stance.

Tennessee is a very good team. Right now they may be the best team in the AFC.  A lot of season to go but next week will tell everyone how good the Colts and Titans really are. 

Definitely to early to be thinking it's over. Still a lot of games left and who knows if guy's like Henry and other star players in the AFC stay injury free the rest of the way. What if Buff loses Allen or KC loses Mahomes or Jackson in Baltimore? Landscape totally changes.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:34 PM, John Hammonds said:

I think the answer is a resounding YES.

This is a must-win game.

I'm glad someone on this board is a realist.

A loss puts us at 2-5 with these teams to play....Titans, at Bills, Bucs, at Cards, New England, Raiders.

Adam Rank's prediction of 5-12 is looking very possible.

Archived