Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Romanowski

King Colt

Watching the Vice Channel last night featuring "The Dark Side of Football" one of the shows featured former player Bill Romanowski one of the toughest players (LB) in football. A couple interesting facts brought out were first, as he said at one point he was taking about 250 supplements per day. Note, he was a super health freak. At the end of his career he had twenty documented concussions.  During preseason a rookie tight end * him off and he slugged him and busted that bone in his eye and he never played a down after that injury. He is also famous for spitting in the face of an opposing player after that player got in his face. 

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

During preseason a rookie tight end * him off and he slugged him and busted that bone in his eye and he never played a down after that injury. He is also famous for spitting in the face of an opposing player after that player got in his face

You write this as if this is a badge of honor. :facepalm:

The guy was disgusting. 

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I remember reading somewhere that he's constantly fighting issues and taking treatments. 

karma GIF

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You write this as if this is a badge of honor. :facepalm:

The guy was disgusting. 

karma GIF

I think he has CTE, his brain isn't right and wasn't 20 years ago, JMO. He is a jerk but his situation is sad. You can tell by the way he even speaks. He is one guy I would not want to meet in a dark alley, he has crazy tendencies.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he has CTE, his brain isn't right and wasn't 20 years ago, JMO. He is a jerk but his situation is sad. You can tell by the way he even speaks. He is one guy I would not want to meet in a dark alley, he has crazy tendencies.

Some here apparently have forgotten how the game was played and the players that played the game. Today's players are pampered multimillionaires that sit out games with a hang nail.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You think he has CTE yet their is nothing to back that claim up that I know of. He is in his mid 50's and doing quite well. As far s "crazy tendencies" go back to the 50' on up and learn about some of the real "crazies" that played the game and played it without all the protective gear worn today. Include among those crazies are a number of Colt players. 

56 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You think he has CTE yet their is nothing to back that claim up that I know of. He is in his mid 50's and doing quite well. As far s "crazy tendencies" go back to the 50' on up and learn about some of the real "crazies" that played the game and played it without all the protective gear worn today. Include among those crazies are a number of Colt players. 

I have nothing to back that up you are right but it is my opinion based on how he acts. I have been watching football since the 70's so I know how the NFL was back in the day. QB's getting crushed, Deacon Jones clotheslining people. Conrad Dobler once stepped on Randy White's arm and broke it on purpose. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Neither......  does yours.   Romo is/ was a psycho.  There is no honor in hurting someone over a disagreement. 

I'm guessing the steroids didn't help his mental health

I just look at the guy's signature and that tells me all I need to know.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he has taken too many hits to the head, he was making the hits but it ruined him. Nobody thought Seau had CTE either before he did what he did. Some players for what ever reason get it and some don't. Emmitt Smith seems fine and he took a pounding. 

Emmitt and Seau did not go out of their way to deliberately hurt others; they played football. What Romanowski did was not football. Spitting in someone's face and punching your teammate, ending his career are not football plays. 

I don't think he has CTE. I have not seen him recently but his mind seemed pretty sharp. He is just selfish and has no regard for others. Now, someone like Vontaze Burfict or Richie Incognito may have CTE and their behavior may be affected by CTE.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Emmitt and Seau did not go out of their way to deliberately hurt others; they played football. What Romanowski did was not football. Spitting in someone's face and punching your teammate, ending his career are not football plays. 

I don't think he has CTE. I have not seen him recently but his mind seemed pretty sharp. He is just selfish and has no regard for others. Now, someone like Vontaze Burfict or Richie Incognito may have CTE and their behavior may be affected by CTE.

Burfict and Richie are classic cases I agree, Romo I think has it but he is just a jerk anyway. He is taken all kinds of meds to try to correct his problem. I can't prove any of this regarding CTE because there is no way of proving until someone passes away. I did hear rumors where Seau developed a temper toward the end and when he slept he has to sleep in total black because of headaches. Emmitt Smith is Superman to me, he played 15 years and took a pounding and is still model citizen. If I had a son and he wanted to play RB and be a great person - I would show him Emmitt highlights and interviews. I would be the father figure but Emmitt to me was the GOAT in many categories.

Romo has mental issues but CTE would make it way worse, I am just guessing he has it. No way to prove it.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, jvan1973 said:

Neither......  does yours.   Romo is/ was a psycho.  There is no honor in hurting someone over a disagreement. 

I'm guessing the steroids didn't help his mental health

If Romanowski is a psycho what episodes of this post playing career supports your empty claim? Depending on the subject hurting someone is justified and honorable. Guessing is what you are best at because millions of athletes take steroids. Here is a partial list of players that enjoyed hurting people:

Jack Tatum

Conrad Dobler

Dick Butkus

Dick "Night Train" Lane

Jack Lambert

Chuck Bednarik (My favorite)

Deacon Jones

Jack Youngblood

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burfict and Richie are classic cases I agree, Romo I think has it but he is just a jerk anyway. He is taken all kinds of meds to try to correct his problem. I can't prove any of this regarding CTE because there is no way of proving until someone passes away. I did hear rumors where Seau developed a temper toward the end and when he slept he has to sleep in total black because of headaches. Emmitt Smith is Superman to me, he played 15 years and took a pounding and is still model citizen. If I had a son and he wanted to play RB and be a great person - I would show him Emmitt highlights and interviews. I would be the father figure but Emmitt to me was the GOAT in many categories.

Romo has mental issues but CTE would make it way worse, I am just guessing he has it. No way to prove it.

"No way to prove it" sums up the value in your post.

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

And Seau, who was tough as nails and a better player than romanowski, did have cte but did not play dirty.  

I think romanowski was all steroid rage and/or just mental health issues of another sort.   Classless jerk.  

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If Romanowski is a psycho what episodes of this post playing career supports your empty claim? Depending on the subject hurting someone is justified and honorable. Guessing is what you are best at because millions of athletes take steroids. Here is a partial list of players that enjoyed hurting people:

Jack Tatum

Conrad Dobler

Dick Butkus

Dick "Night Train" Lane

Jack Lambert

Deacon Jones

Jack Youngblood

All those guys were dirty I agree. Also Lyle Alzado lmao 

6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

And Seau, who was tough as nails and a better player than romanowski, did have cte but did not play dirty.  

I think romanowski was all steroid rage and/or just mental health issues of another sort.   Classless jerk.  

I could not say it better. :hat:

On 10/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, King Colt said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/02/05/former-lb-bill-romanowski-most-nfl-players-likely-have-cte/79904662/

"More and more I realize that pretty much all of us football players who have had a lot of collisions probably have CTE," Romanowski told The Associated Press on Friday. "That's a reality. And now, it's what do we do with that? We can be like some players and maybe be in denial or we can take the bull by the horns and go after it. That's what I do."

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Jack Tatum

Conrad Dobler

Dick Butkus

Dick "Night Train" Lane

Jack Lambert

Deacon Jones

Jack Youngblood

You're such a clown.  You think Romo is great and Aaron Rodgers is classless.  It speaks volumes 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You're such a clown.  You think Romo is great and Aaron Rodgers is classless.  It speaks volumes 

You are talking Tony Romo but the person of subject is Romanowski. Romo is a former QB for the Cowboys. If you ever buy a TV you can catch his broadcast of FOX. I can't seem to recall calling Romanowski "great" so once again you are making things up which you are very good at as you never have any substance.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All falsehoods. He is not a jerk  He speaks as well s anyone and I have yet to read anything about him doing anything crazy. Jerry Rice told him very early in his career after walking away from a player getting in his face if he ever caught him taking **** off anyone again he would kick his * and so Romanowski never took crap by anyone again.

Just now, King Colt said:

All falsehoods. He is not a jerk  He speaks as well s anyone and I have yet to read anything about him doing anything crazy. Jerry Rice told him very early in his career after walking away from a player getting in his face if he ever caught him taking % off anyone again he would kick his * and so Romanowski never took crap by anyone again.

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

You are talking Tony Romo but the person of subject is Romanowski. Romo is a former QB for the Cowboys. If you ever buy a TV you can catch his broadcast of FOX. I can't seem to recall calling Romanowski "great" so once again you are making things up which you are very good at as you never have any substance.

Romanowski was also nicknamed Romo

On 10/24/2021 at 12:14 PM, PeterBowman said:

Me thinks most of those "supplements " weren't of the legal variety.

He admitted taking some juice but the 250 pills were according to him were "health supplements". Either way I could care less. He always reminded me of the strong safety John Lynch the way he used his head as a battering ram.

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He admitted taking some juice but the 250 pills were according to him were "health supplements". Either way I could care less. He always reminded me of the strong safety John Lynch the way he used his head as a battering ram.

One of the biggest causes of CTE.   Makes sense your in favor of that as well

Archived