Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Restructure Hilton's Contract

Indeee

16 hours ago, Indeee said:

:thinking:...... Trade coming?

Little extra cash for player acquisition? :goodluck:

Maybe we can throw the eagles couple mil for our 1st round pick back.....:funny:

So far,  all the stories I read say this move is to give the Colts a little breathing room to pay for bottom-of-the-roster moves for the rest of the season.   

The Indy Star reports it contacted the NFLPA which stated the Colts had less than a million left to spend, and that we were dead last in available money.   Dead last.   32 out of 32.

Counting the bye, we still have 12 weeks left with just roughly $3 mill to cover all our roster moves.   

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree the 5+M might be tempting to recoup next year, but just not sure it makes sense unless we're really in a bad spot cap wise. He's grading out as well as he ever has even though we don't feature TE. And Granson hasn't really impressed, nor is he a prototypical type TE. If MAC had a large snap count advantage over Doyle, I might agree, but seems we've been pretty status quo. And I don't see us going early on TE next year in the draft. There were some rumors earlier this year that he might retire after this season, but not sure how much stock I'd put into those.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but he barely even saw the field a couple games ago. He has 5 targets in the last 4 games. He'll be 32 next year. It seems like they're phasing him out.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but he barely even saw the field a couple games ago. He has 5 targets in the last 4 games. He'll be 32 next year. It seems like they're phasing him out.

Doyle has a CAREER target share of 3 or less per game. Target, not catch. Doyle has legitimately never been a part of the game plan. He's the 4th or worse option. Everyone seems to forget this because Luck decided to throw to him abundantly during a couple years, years ago. This is why I have always thought Doyle shouldn't have been given the extension he was. You can find a meh jag of a TE anywhere that can block and occasionally catch a pass whether FA or Draft 5 round or later. Although on here there are more others than not that believe Doyle is great. He is not. He most definitely should be cut next off-season. Heck, I would cut him now. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

That was week 4, when he was on the injury report (back). He still had 21 snaps though. The next week he tied his year high snap counts with 50. Aside from that week, he's led TE snaps every week.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he were gone next year, but his snap counts this year are as much or more than last year. Last year he had Burton nipping at the snap share, this year Granson not so much. MAC does seem to have an increased snap count thank God.

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

Doyle has a CAREER target share of 3 or less per game. Target, not catch. Doyle has legitimately never been a part of the game plan. He's the 4th or worse option. Everyone seems to forget this because Luck decided to throw to him abundantly during a couple years, years ago. This is why I have always thought Doyle shouldn't have been given the extension he was. You can find a meh jag of a TE anywhere that can block and occasionally catch a pass whether FA or Draft 5 round or later. Although on here there are more others than not that believe Doyle is great. He is not. He most definitely should be cut next off-season. Heck, I would cut him now. 

I think it's bigger than that... Frank just doesn't use the TE as much, at least not the prototypical TE. He did try and force a lot to Burton last year, who is more of the TE/FB/slot breed. Luck liked TEs historically, and the offense wasn't changed much in 2018. 

At least we're seeing a few more shots to Mo now. We saw the return of the sail route last week.

Archived