Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Smaller Bear" vs "Fish"

EastStreet

"Smaller Bear" vs "Fish"  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many sacks does Bosa get over LT?

2. 2. How many times does Fisher run block pancake Bosa one on one?

3. 3. Will Eric Fisher's 52.3 PFF grade go up or down after this week?

• Fisher's grade will improve
    • Fisher's grade will get worse
  4. 4. Will Fisher get subbed in-game, and if yes, but whom

• No
    • Yes - Nelson
    • Yes - Smith
    • Yes - Pryor
    • Yes - Davenport
  5. 5. Is "Smaller Bear" a dumb nickname

6. 6. Is this a statement game for Fisher?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2021 at 11:00 PM

Probably the most important 1 on 1 matchup of the game.

Will Fisher have a statement game vs Bosa, or will Bosa create havoc in the backfield?

Both back from injuries in 2020... 

Nick Bosa RDE

Height: 6-4

Weight: 267

PFF Grade: 89.2

PFF Edge Rank: #6

Sacks: 5 (11th)

Pressures: 15 (12th)

Note: Suffered season ending ACL in game two in 2020

Erick Fisher LT

Height: 6-7

Weight: 315

PFF Grade: 52.3

PFF Tackle Rank: 67th (out of 79)

Sacks Allowed: 4

Penalties: 6

Note: Late season ending Achilles injury in 2020

Just now, Wentzszn said:

No I think Fisher is a vet and Dayo is a long term investment. With Dayo there is no need to rush him back. 

Well our DL has not been great at sacks or pressures. And both Paye and Turay have been injury bugged, and Lewis is banged up. Rochell missed time too. 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich mentioned Fisher is still getting in game shape. He should keep improving. But we also need to use a lot of screen passes and the run game to keep pressure off. Hopefully we can get a deep pass to open up the run game.

unless we have the TE helping Fisher that long pass will never leave CW's hand (unless its another strip sack)

50 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Heavy winds and rain predicted for this game.   Fishers run blocking is fine and with q returning  I’m expecting a slobber knocker of RTDB.  

How is Bosa against the run?  I think he’s going to be on his backside most of the night. 

Just saw there is a chance of thunderstorms too. If that happens the game will be delayed. This weather is going to be really bad. NFL never cancels games due to weather unless it’s lightening but the way this one is sounding wouldn’t be out of possibility of being moved to Monday night or Monday afternoon. They are actually calling this a cyclone.  So it’s going to be really bad.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Saw/read a couple things. 

Seems Bosa pancaked Fisher two years ago, and also Fisher took some flak for tripping Bosa as well.

Here's a Fisher ole on a play Bosa gets a strip of Mahommes (towards the end).

Don’t you think q will help and if so negate any advantage bosa may have?

24 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Don’t you think q will help and if so negate any advantage bosa may have?

I'm sure Q will make a difference (if he's healthy) on Bosa's attempts to go inside, but outside, nope.

Q if not 100% might have his hands full with DJ Jones, who is pretty decent.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'm sure Q will make a difference (if he's healthy) on Bosa's attempts to go inside, but outside, nope.

Q if not 100% might have his hands full with DJ Jones, who is pretty decent.

If fish knows he can only go outside that should make it a little easier.  Boss is an elite talent.  Hope the weather cancels some of that out though too

16 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

If fish knows he can only go outside that should make it a little easier.  Boss is an elite talent.  Hope the weather cancels some of that out though too

Maybe, but if he's cheating outside, that creates a larger B gap (and less help from the OG), and Bosa has great spin moves back to the inside. And if Q is gimpy, his help may be limited. And like I said, Jones is no pushover so if he's hitting the A gap hard, Q may be helping Kelly. Jones is grading in the 70s IIRC.

PFF basically graded both players alike, which has stimulated me to re-watch the game. I'm at half. Not sure how you can grade a guy in the mid 70s who gave up 4 QB hits in a night.... 

I'm at half, but so far.....

• Pass blocking
    • Fisher has been abused on most snaps, including the one where Wentz is pressured and turned the ball over
    • Fisher resorted to chop blocking lol... OMG that's a weak look. I mean WTH... 
  • Run blocking
    • He's looked decent/good on what are doubles. He gets a lot of help, and also helps a lot. Example, him and Nelson vs Street (at least twice) in the late 2nd (4-5min and about 2ish min to go in the half). 
    • One on one, not so hot.

Archived