Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans dolphins trade could be done this week

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Could you imagine Denver having three mediocre QBs on their roster haha

Denver fans are so mad they passed on Fields. Teddy looked great in camp and preseason. But what we are seeing now is a backup that can win a couple games but they just are not going to give you 17 games. They should have given lock another chance. 

39 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Denver fans are so mad they passed on Fields. Teddy looked great in camp and preseason. But what we are seeing now is a backup that can win a couple games but they just are not going to give you 17 games. They should have given lock another chance. 

Careful, you might get banned talking like that! 

I don't know why Houston is in such a hurry to unload Watson?    They'll get less doing it now than the would if they wait until the off-season when more of the trouble would hopefully be in the past.

And I don't know why a team would want Tua now?     Has he shown all that much?     I suppose if the cost isn't too high, it's not bad....    but if you're trading for a QB,  I don't think this is a deal to excite anyone.....

On 10/20/2021 at 10:06 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why Houston is in such a hurry to unload Watson?    They'll get less doing it now than the would if they wait until the off-season when more of the trouble would hopefully be in the past.

And I don't know why a team would want Tua now?     Has he shown all that much?     I suppose if the cost isn't too high, it's not bad....    but if you're trading for a QB,  I don't think this is a deal to excite anyone.....

Since I haven't seen him play much at all, I have to go by his stats.

Not bad really.  For a second year player who has played 12 games:

64.1  completions

14 TD's

7 INT's

87.0 Rating

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Since I haven't seen him play much at all, I have to go by his stats.

Not bad really.  For a second year player who has played 12 games:

64.1  completions

14 TD's

7 INT's

87.0 Rating

Yeah….   I saw those too later on, after my post.    I confess they caught me a bit off guard.    

Over on ESPN, Louis Riddick, who I really like, blasted both teams for even considering doing this now.   Basically said one, or both sides could be making a huge mistakes because neither side knows enough to know what they are getting or giving up.   He urged patience and doing it later.  

Later in the day, I heard an interview with John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.   He thinks this deal is getting done.   He thinks it’ll be done by the trade deadline, the only question is what Miami has to give up?   He thinks it’s at least three first round picks, but what else he doesn’t know….   

Wowza! 

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hear Carolina has joined the party.  

Rightfully so. Darnold has shown he is capable of 3 or 4 games of consistency but falls off against better teams considerably. That screams backup to me. That new owner, with all the investment he made on the defensive side, and the young talent on the offensive side, have heard is not going to sit around patiently.

12 hours ago, ColtJax said:

The Dolphin's #1 pick might be the first pick in the draft, or the second. They'd be wise to hold onto Tue and let things play out.

They still play the Jets twice, the Texans, Giants and Panthers.  Their pick could be around 6-10th.

Texans want too much. I guess the owner must take pleasure in paying Watson and making him riding the bench, how else do I explain them wanting 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders when the other team is assuming a $40 mil. Per year contract?

Archived