Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts add secondary help to PS

CR91

Dennard is really good veteran depth! 

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

I thought Buster Skreen would've been it (no idea how well he's playing, just recognize the name) but Colts secondary needs all the help they can get. Nice moves 

I feel like Skrine is more of a slot CB than outside. He's had moments where he looked really good, but I don't think he's ever been able to consistently string together strong outings over a sustained period of time.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Dennard never lived up to the draft position, and has been injured most of his career. Only the PS, so not a bad signing I guess.

Jones is a little interesting, but we he's a SS, has had injury issues too, and we really need help at FS... 

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I thought Buster Skreen would've been it (no idea how well he's playing, just recognize the name) but Colts secondary needs all the help they can get. Nice moves 

has not played well

4 hours ago, Shive said:

Dennard is really good veteran depth! 

I feel like Skrine is more of a slot CB than outside. He's had moments where he looked really good, but I don't think he's ever been able to consistently string together strong outings over a sustained period of time.

Yup. Skrine is definitely a NB. Thought we might take a shot at him since Carrie is still out.

I think we need FS and outside CB help more though.

17 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

As far as FS and SS I remember a local media guy a couple years ago saying colts don’t look at it as two different positions. They want their safeties to be able to do both and be able to move them around. 

Exactly this Chloe, they don't have distinctions between F/S safety.... They ask both to do the same things.  Confuses me why everyone calls Blackmon a SS. On any other team he's a starting FS.  Any player we bring in will be asked to do the same things Blackmon was, we don't play rangy center fielder ball hawks at S as we should.... 

Archived