Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson, Dayo practices

CR91

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Can Dayo come back the 8th game or is it the 9th one

Week 9. Jets game.

There are going to be a lot of changes coming up. Colts have a lot of players on IR getting ready to return.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Wonder if Dayo will be better than paye

Honestly, I think Paye and dayo have the potential to grow into a Freeney/Mathis type role. I think they supplement each other well, combined with Buckner and Grover up the middle. Question is when will Flus stop sending DEs into coverage

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Week 9. Jets game.

There are going to be a lot of changes coming up. Colts have a lot of players on IR getting ready to return.

Straughn probably gets cut

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think Paye and dayo have the potential to grow into a Freeney/Mathis type role. I think they supplement each other well, combined with Buckner and Grover up the middle. Question is when will Flus stop sending DEs into coverage

Hope so. Our pass rush is abysmal right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Who gets cut when Dayo is added to the active roster. I certainly hope it’s not AQM. 

Not sure who but I would be shocked if it’s AQM he’s been the most consistent end this year.  I believe Dayo can play a little inside so it could be one of those guys.  If it’s an end that goes I am guessing it’s Ben.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Straughn probably gets cut

There are a few. Glasgow has already been designated to return. Nelson and Patmon.Dayo in two weeks.  I won’t be surprised if Strachan is. I think he might even make it through waivers.  The hype kind of died down after the preseason. I look for Banogu to be cut when Dayo comes back.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure who but I would be shocked if it’s AQM he’s been the most consistent end this year.  I believe Dayo can play a little inside so it could be one of those guys.  If it’s an end that goes I am guessing it’s Ben.

Ben and Mike strachan or two cut possibilities

• Confused 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Turay or Ben, I would think. AQM plays hard every week. 

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Ben and Mike strachan or two cut possibilities

I think Strachan would be more likely to go with Patmon coming back if he goes.  With Campbell out they will be keeping an extra WR.

8 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Turay or Ben, I would think. AQM plays hard every week. 

Ben will go before Turay.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I thought he could come back any time now, once designated, he could return any time in the 3 week window

Not from PUP. He wasn’t on IR. He was out on  PUP before the season started which means not until week 9.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I thought he could come back any time now, once designated, he could return any time in the 3 week window

Dayo wasn’t on the IR list.  He was on the physically unable to perform list.  Different rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because a guy is healthy enough to play doesn't mean he's ready to play.

In 1314, before the Battle of Bannockburn, there were many volunteers who showed up late to fight.  Robert the Bruce wouldn't allow them to join the battle because they hadn't taken part in the precision training required to make the schiltron formations effective.

Dayo needs to practice.  A lot.  You can't just throw him in there because he's healthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Freeney & Mathis were maybe the Best Bookend DE's in history of the NFL. Do you really think they have that much potential? 

That pretty big shoes to fill.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

In 1314, before the Battle of Bannockburn, there were many volunteers who showed up late to fight.  Robert the Bruce wouldn't allow them to join the battle because they hadn't taken part in the precision training required to make the schiltron formations effective.

Dayo needs to practice.  A lot.  You can't just throw him in there because he's healthy.

He can’t play yet anyway. He isn’t going to just be thrown in there.  He will get 3 weeks of practice before he is elgible to play.

17 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Yeah but since then they've added OTA's. haha

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Practice?  Don't be silly.  He's going to get 3 sacks his first week with no practice and save the season!

OK - end sarcasm.

He needs to practice and learn how to be an NFL caliber DE.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Who gets cut when Dayo is added to the active roster. I certainly hope it’s not AQM. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Banogu. Clearly they have nothing for him. He’s not quite got to that Eason point yet where they’ll play a guy in line at the hotdog stand instead of him, but they definitely aren’t pushing the issue to get him on the field.