Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 7 Practice/Injury Report (at 49ers)

EastStreet

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Bucs D only looked that good last season because of KC oline injuries. I am not saying you can win with a bad D. I just think people need to realize that there are going to be big passing plays in this league in 2021.  All world shut down defenses just don’t exist. Having a good defense yes is needed. I don’t think a team needs a elite  defense.

Bucs D was top 10 (6th IIRC) regardless of KC's OL. They were as shut down as shut down could be vs the run. 

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Go compare what a good defense looks like today compared to what a good defense was 20 years ago. It’s night and day. 

Yesterday vs today doesn't matter. The last 5 year, the last 10, both show you win more SBs with a top 10 D than without. That doesn't mean offense doesn't matter. It just means D does matter.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bucs D was top 10 (6th IIRC) regardless of KC's OL. They were as shut down as shut down could be vs the run. 

Yesterday vs today doesn't matter. The last 5 year, the last 10, both show you win more SBs with a top 10 D than without. That doesn't mean offense doesn't matter. It just means D does matter.

I am not going to argue with where defenses rank because that wasn’t even what I meant. A number one defense today is not the same as a number one defense 25 or 35 years ago.

Just now, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I wish at the next presser, they ask something about Braden.  I’m starting to find this ghost injury a bit ridiculous, without hearing absolutely nothing about it

He was back at practice today. He will probably be back playing next week.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not going to argue with where defenses rank because that wasn’t even what I meant. A number one defense today is not the same as a number one defense 25 or 35 years ago.

He was back at practice today. He will probably be back playing next week.

This was the one week I didn’t check if he practiced, so that’s good to hear.  Just started to get frustrated.  Appreciate the heads up!

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

You said D wasn't how teams win anymore. The last 5-10 years shows it's still incredibly important. 

You might be able to pile up some wins in the regular season, but D typically is a big factor in the playoffs.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:08 PM, JediXMan said:

Going to be raining Sunday night which is going to hamper both passing games. Even in sunny Cali Colts get no luck lol.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/19/atmospheric-river-storms-to-soak-bay-area-northern-california-biggest-in-9-months/

That is luck.  I'd have to think that favors the colts.

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not trade him. If he looks good they might not feel the need to acquire another safety.

Gottcha. I was so confused. At least our PS elevations are vets.

Reich  did day last night on happy hour odum would get some snaps.

20 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Dang.. don't like the injuries to WRs.. so here's to Taylor Mack, and that offensive line 

Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

Won’t matter in this game.

Archived