Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 7 Practice/Injury Report (at 49ers)

EastStreet

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

A tiny bit of rain is ok. Just not heavy rain like is predicted. Hopefully this changes a little. We have the advantage in the run game if this weather does happen.

As someone who lives in STL, where our rain forecast is always insane, I wont believe a rain (Heavy) until it happens, Most of the time this far out if I see rain I am going to think it will sprinkle and then be donehaha

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This is great news. This means his struggles were more health then just playing bad. He looked so much better last week.

He looked decent vs Miami too. Two bad teams. They just need to keep him out of C2 vs speed WRs.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I hope they have a plan to rotate LT if Bosa starts lighting up Fisher... 

3 hours ago, Shive said:

Dez is possibly coming back at the perfect time as well with Campbell going out.

I'd love to see him get a look running non-X routes, but would be a little surprised if he did. It would go against the grain given Reich's history with WRs.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Who knew Carson had that much personality. 

see below

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank.  Just teasing but it is a reminder that the coaches know more about players than we like to think we do.

He's always had personality. 

Here's a few vids of him at NDSt

Good kid.

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/carson-wentz/6273

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Sounds a big like a bit of a dig on those who don't push the FA and Cap situations.. huh..

56 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Going to be raining Sunday night which is going to hamper both passing games. Even in sunny Cali Colts get no luck lol.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/19/atmospheric-river-storms-to-soak-bay-area-northern-california-biggest-in-9-months/

IMO, this game will likely be about who can run it the best, rain or not. 

SF has a stingy pass D when it come to YPG and YPA.

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Trent Williams somehow was out, that would be huge for us.

Don't want to wish injury on anyone, but TW is one of the highest graded LTs in the league.

38 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

This is the time to run a lot on Taylor, but you will need Mack and Hines to do well to, to spell him so we can keep him going late in game. 

I mean I dont mind the rain (XLI)

49ers pass D is much much better than their run D.

25 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I said he wasn’t elite. That is true. He is above average but probably a step below Wentz. Seems there is a lot of controversy around Aiyuk. They aren’t using him and Lynch  has gone on record saying he needs to show more.

Aiyuk is good. He's in year 2. His rook season he only played 12 games, and had 750ish yards. 

He just hasn't been targeted much this year. He did have a very good game vs GB.

25 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Is Ty saying “can’t stack the box no more”. Referring to our past qbs not being able to throw downfield?

Or perhaps that we're finally calling some deep passes.... 

We called, and succeeded a ton, at deep passes in the MN game last year, but didn't happen much after that.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Oh gosh this doesn’t look good for Blackmon.

Ballard totally mishandled FS depth this year. This is horrible news. We literally have no other FS option on the 53. We'll either have to convert a CB, use a SS as FS, or play a bunch of straight C2 with 2 SSs.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You would rather have a full on turnstile in Davenport?tickets gate GIF by Summerfest

have you seen this one

Rodgers could probably play safety but he is needed at CB. We have too many defensive lineman and no safety depth. Carrie was the backup safety. Going to have to play odum more. Ballard is going to have to make a move if this is true. This secondary is going to need a big makeover next season. That Jordan Lucas guy played one game and is on IR.

Just now, coming on strong said:

if he tore his achillies  i think he would be on ir already headed for surgery ... but with how the colts handle injuries they will wait for saturday and announce it

It just happened like 2 hrs ago.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Rodgers could probably play safety but he is needed at CB. We have too many defensive lineman and no safety depth. Carrie was the backup safety. Going to have to play odum more. Ballard is going to have to make a move if this is true. This secondary is going to need a big makeover next season. That Jordan Lucas guy played one game and is on IR.

Nope nope nope nope.....

Rodgers is small and not physical at all. Did you see the whiff tackle attempt (not even an attempt really) a few weeks ago.

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Is Ty saying “can’t stack the box no more”. Referring to our past qbs not being able to throw downfield?

I think it was more about us getting a deep threat (TY) back that keeps a defense from stacking the box constantly.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We better hope Rock is able to play Sunday. Bur if that weather is as bad as it looks it might not be smart with that ankle.

49ers have a terrible passing game so its okay for this week to let rock rest .  without kittle they have one solid weapon and jimmy g is gonna be playing injured without taking a real snap in weeks

56 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Blackmon tore his Achilles in practice we are going to have to go find another safety for next year. Never good to have a ACL and then a Achilles rupture. This team can’t catch a break this season.

Not worth getting worried about, until the team says something

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He needs to show up. Only 2 sacks on the season got to do better.

I mean his a DT, and is the best lineman without a lot of help. the top DT has 6, but I think they play 3/4. The next is Donald at 3.5 and a handful of DTs between 2-3 sacks. He is right around where you would expect without a lot of help

17 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean his a DT, and is the best lineman without a lot of help. the top DT has 6, but I think they play 3/4. The next is Donald at 3.5 and a handful of DTs between 2-3 sacks. He is right around where you would expect without a lot of help

Yeah DTs aren’t really known for being sackers.  That’s what ends do.  Their role in pass rush is to collapse the pocket so the QB can’t step up to get away from the ends.

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Hargrave with 6 sacks is in a 4-3. And it's not like he's got a ton of help either with surrounding talent. And they blitz even less than Indy.

It's not just sacks where he is trailing either. Pressures IMO is a better overall indicator. He's only got 10 or 1.66 per game.

Not saying he's bad at all. He's very good. Just not sure we're seeing the value. And just not sure the whole "3T is the key to our D" is really holding water now. 

Beginning to think scheme is an issue. And I think we're missing Autry's 2+ pressures per game. We don't have a DE on the team that has more pressures per game than Autry and Houston each do. 

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah DTs aren’t really known for being sackers.  That’s what ends do.  Their role in pass rush is to collapse the pocket so the QB can’t step up to get away from the ends.

NTs are supposed to be space eaters up the middle and take the A gaps.

3Ts like Defo, who are paid as such, are supposed to get sacks. 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hargrave with 6 sacks is in a 4-3. And it's not like he's got a ton of help either with surrounding talent. And they blitz even less than Indy.

It's not just sacks where he is trailing either. Pressures IMO is a better overall indicator. He's only got 10 or 1.66 per game.

Not saying he's bad at all. He's very good. Just not sure we're seeing the value. And just not sure the whole "3T is the key to our D" is really holding water now. 

Beginning to think scheme is an issue. And I think we're missing Autry's 2+ pressures per game. We don't have a DE on the team that has more pressures per game than Autry and Houston each do. 

I wasnt sure what they ran for Hargrave. That is surprising. 

And the pressure that I agree on, he needs to up that, 

And I mean our DEF hasnt been too good, so maybe 3T is the Key, once he is going they will too. Didnt he have some injury earlier this year though?

And ya our ends need to get something going

Archived