Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 7 Practice/Injury Report (at 49ers)

EastStreet

Going to start this one a little early since I may not be available mid day tomorrow when it comes out. @Wentzszn is normally quick to post the Colts practice report.

The 49ers had a week off last week, so will be interesting in multiple areas, especially QB. Looks like Jimmy G will be the guy. Outside of the QB mystery, they are pretty clean. It would be good for them if Hasty (RB) is back, but their other RBs have mostly all been productive. 

• Last game was 2 weekends ago. They didn't have really any injuries to note.
    • DT DJ Jones was checked for a concussion, but returned to the game.
    • DE Bosa was checked for an elbow injury, but also returned to the game.
  • Current ESPN injury indicators
    • Questionable
      • QB - Jimmy G (calf) - was back at practice today and taking reps
      • QB - Lance (knee) - did not practice today
      • RB - Hasty (ankle) - returned from IR after 3 weeks
      • NB - Williams (calf) - returned after missing 2 games
      • WLB - Harris (thumb) - had surgery on his thumb but many say will play with a cast
  • They have protected the following practice squad players, which is an indicator typically of possible injury games
    • Practice squad players protected
      • LB Tyrell Adams
      • WR River Cracraft
      • OL Colton McKivitz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It is going to be the Taylor show Sunday night if this weather forecast comes to pass. We have a better run game. 

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If the weather is that bad I hate this. I hate bad weather games. Hopefully this changes before Sunday.

This is the time to run a lot on Taylor, but you will need Mack and Hines to do well to, to spell him so we can keep him going late in game. 

I mean I dont mind the rain (XLI)

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

This is the time to run a lot on Taylor, but you will need Mack and Hines to do well to, to spell him so we can keep him going late in game. 

I mean I dont mind the rain (XLI)

A tiny bit of rain is ok. Just not heavy rain like is predicted. Hopefully this changes a little. We have the advantage in the run game if this weather does happen.

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

The good thing is Jimmy G isn’t a elite QB. They basically have one weapon in Samual.  

Jimmy G is quite capable of dinking and dunking our zone. He's not elite, but he's no bum either.

And while Deebo is stud, Aiyuk is going to be good, and Sanu is very capable. 

The Reed/Glowinski thing sounds like a one or two game competition.  If Reed wins it, he'll probably go full time.  Glowinski has been a solid player who you acquired for nothing, but if you can improve at any position, you do it.  

Just now, EastStreet said:

Jimmy G is quite capable of dinking and dunking our zone. He's not elite, but he's no bum either.

And while Deebo is stud, Aiyuk is going to be good, and Sanu is very capable. 

I said he wasn’t elite. That is true. He is above average but probably a step below Wentz. Seems there is a lot of controversy around Aiyuk. They aren’t using him and Lynch  has gone on record saying he needs to show more.

Archived