Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason Waived/Claimed by Seattle (Merge)

CR91

2 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

I think we all saw this coming. I wish him well. Maybe he’ll be back on our PS if he clears waivers. 

Sam is much more in the same mold as Wentz it seems in athleticism and play style. He makes more sense to develop as backup.

I’m sure there is probably more to the story than we will ever hear as well.  

Sam has the legs similar to Eason, but not the arm.

He might develop into a decent, but limited, dink and dunk type backup. 

Eason had the traits you want to develop as either a backup or potential starter. Just couldn't overcome some things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sam has the legs similar to Eason, but not the arm.

He might develop into a decent, but limited, dink and dunk type backup. 

Eason had the traits you want to develop as either a backup or potential starter. Just couldn't overcome some things.

Sigh!....makes me still wish for Kelly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Totally agree. Paris has had some bad luck but has busted his butt to get back and some “fans” knock him for being injury prone, like it’s some character flaw. 

Fans have high expectations and get mad at injuries. From a personal prospective I can understand the disappointment of injury getting in the way of progress. Sometimes things just don't work out how you'd like them. 

15 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Sigh!....makes me still wish for Kelly.

Both Ehlinger and Kelly were baller type QBs, but Kelly easily had more arm talent. 

I don't think Kelly was some superstar, but we'd have been better off keeping him (if he was behaving), and keeping our two draft picks. Probably would have been better off keeping Hoyer on the cheap lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Head coach said yesterday it could be season ending but wouldn’t say what he injuryed on his foot.

its definitely season ending just like last year they said its a ten week injury he would be back by week 13  and he never did .  cambell cant play through pain like nelson or wentz when he is a little banged up he sits out . 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

First of all let's clear something up: Parris Campbell was not a bad selection. It is unfortunate that the man struggles to stay healthy. Why don't you go ahead and take a coin out of your pocket and flip it 50 times. There will be long strings of heads, and long strings of tails occasionally. (meaning it isn't always 50/50) ... Well why is that relevant? Events tend to happen in clusters, and it is not Ballards, nor Paris' fault that he has been injury prone. 

Secondly: How many QBs get picked in RDs 1-2 that end up contributing nothing? How many QBs have been drafted in the first round that never saw another contract? Got benched for someone else? You guys parading around beating on all of Ballards "bad picks". Was it really a bad pick? Or did it turn out how they might've predicted. You think they didn't account for the chance that Eason might not make it? Also we don't know what goes on with Eason when he isn't at the facility. Is he studying? Is he commited? Does he have pride issues? None of these things are know.

So let's go ahead and stop pretending like we know what we are talking about. The highest paid people in the world can barely succeed at it. I get it though, the Colts forum here is full of hundresed of arm chair GMs that swear they know what the best deicison is. Most people can't decide what to eat for dinner, and you think you could have done better? 

Also, is anyone forgetting all the covid restrcitions that were placed on scouts and GMs when evaluating the last couple years prospects? Get real. 

I really don't want to detract from your point, but this is absolutely not how this works, and it a gambler's fallacy. 

Spurious predictive maths aside, one injury does tend to lead to more susceptibility to others though, often in compensation for preceding injuries.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

. He was flawless in the reason using the two minute offense and threw zero INTs.

I think thats a reach imo.  He didnt have any tds either and only looked okish against pre season defenses.  The offense stalled every time in the redzone except for that two minute drill.  Maybe i have high standards for these guys because I dont think sam did that well either 

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For a backup, absolutely agree, Cam Newton would be far better than anyone you can find at this moment. We would have to tailor the offense for any backup anyways, IMO. Might as well be someone who has the big arm and can keep Ds honest with his legs. He gives more than SE with his legs and can throw much farther than SE, he might flourish with taller wideouts due to his inaccuracies but we have the tall guys to get the job done. Heck, both Luck and Wentz threw high and I'd be fine with Cam holding the fort for a few games because that is all he would be brought in for. 

While now I would be more okay with Newton around since he is vax (which helps if there is outbreak in QB room see 2020 Broncos), I would say to much distraction still and Wentz would be looking over his shoulder the entire time and probably be a hurting thing to his confidence  and all hes gain since hes been here

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its definitely season ending just like last year they said its a ten week injury he would be back by week 13  and he never did .  cambell cant play through pain like nelson or wentz when he is a little banged up he sits out . 

I mean the different is Nelson isnt on tight turns and less movement, and PC has had knee and foot as WR you cant really play through. Wentz needs to be able to move but can play injured more even if he cant move (see Titans) but a WR and DB gotta be able to run around all over the place

Just now, BlackTiger said:

I think thats a reach imo.  He didnt have any tds either and only looked okish against pre season defenses.  The offense stalled every time in the redzone except for that two minute drill.  Maybe i have high standards for these guys because I dont think sam did that well either 

The Colts are one of the worst teams in the NFL for red zone effectiveness. So that tells me it is a bigger problem such as play calling or preparation.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

While now I would be more okay with Newton around since he is vax (which helps if there is outbreak in QB room see 2020 Broncos), I would say to much distraction still and Wentz would be looking over his shoulder the entire time and probably be a hurting thing to his confidence  and all hes gain since hes been here

I mean the different is Nelson isnt on tight turns and less movement, and PC has had knee and foot as WR you cant really play through. Wentz needs to be able to move but can play injured more even if he cant move (see Titans) but a WR and DB gotta be able to run around all over the place

ty hilton in 2018 played through a horrible ankle sprained couldnt even practice all week and put up 100 yard games .  i think every one is different but certain people just have high pain tolerances .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I really don't want to detract from your point, but this is absolutely not how this works, and it a gambler's fallacy. 

Spurious predictive maths aside, one injury does tend to lead to more susceptibility to others though, often in compensation for preceding injuries.

it is how it works. 

lets say you flipped a coin 1000 times. you will see clusters as such:

T T T T T T T T H T H T T T T H H H 

you would have to flip it an extreme amount of times to truly get a 50/50

we can apply this to injuries and say that they are random. unless the person is predisposed. in that case we would be talking about what you mentioned.

Even in the case of what you are saying, it is likely that one injury will compound and make subsequent injuries more likely. Im saying to begin with, he is already in a cluster of injuries. These two things can combine.

Its a simple concept taught in every intro to stats course. 

edit: also, if you are going to say that it doesn't work this way, please provide your reasoning. Not just to claim that it is not true. It's not even a complicated topic in stats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Well we don’t know was it a not working hard or maybe he just doesn’t have the mental capacity to retain info. Ballard said some really weird things. He didn’t have to praise him bur going that is who we have was pretty bad.

Considering the Colts don’t leak, who were the two sources who don’t know each other who are both trashing Eason?

If you can’t give names, can you say if they work for the Colts or are media?    Something feels VERY wrong about these sources.   Very unlike the Colts. 

1 minute ago, WentzinRome said:

While he was a 4th round pick, and in his second year, there really has been some poor drafting recently.  If that is your reported strength, the past couple years, sans Taylor and Pittman Jr., say different.

Nope, we are drafting just fine in comparison to the other 32 teams. 

teams_over_expectation.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ty hilton in 2018 played through a horrible ankle sprained couldnt even practice all week and put up 100 yard games .  i think every one is different but certain people just have high pain tolerances .

Ya TY is built the most different. But he is the exception type as WR or DB, most others cannot play if they are hurt lower body, or cant catch if hand (see MAC)

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He is not on the practice squad.  Just looked.

He was at some point, but he got released last week

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

it is how it works. 

lets say you flipped a coin 1000 times. you will see clusters as such:

T T T T T T T T H T H T T T T H H H 

you would have to flip it an extreme amount of times to truly get a 50/50

we can apply this to injuries and say that they are random. unless the person is predisposed. in that case we would be talking about what you mentioned.

Even in the case of what you are saying, it is likely that one injury will compound and make subsequent injuries more likely. Im saying to begin with, he is already in a cluster of injuries. These two things can combine.

Its a simple concept taught in every intro to stats course. 

edit: also, if you are going to say that it doesn't work this way, please provide your reasoning. Not just to claim that it is not true. It's not even a complicated topic in stats. 

TLDR
Flipping a coin - mutually exclusive event 

Injuries - Not so mutually exclusive, the initial injury can impact the probability of further injury. But you're into the realms of not so 'clean' probability. 

Condensing your post, what are the probabilities are the following outcomes from a coin toss exercise?

TTTTTTTTTTT

HHHHHHHH

TTHHHTHHH

HHHHHHHTT

THTHTHTHTH

Of course you see clusters, but that doesn't change that every event should be 50/50 (caveat you can have a NULL outcome if you're coin flipping is really bad). 

The gamblers fallacy you get from this is people seeing a run of Reds/Blacks on roulette and insist it must be the other colour soon otherwise it's not really 50/50. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya TY is built the most different. But he is the exception type as WR or DB, most others cannot play if they are hurt lower body, or cant catch if hand (see MAC)

He was at some point, but he got released last week

On May 11, 2021, Woods signed with the Indianapolis Colts.[16] He was released on September 6, 2021 and re-signed to the practice squad.[17] He was promoted to the active roster on September 24, 2021.[18] He was released on October 11, 2021 and re-signed to the practice squad.

And now is being signed to active roster

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

TLDR
Flipping a coin - mutually exclusive event 

Injuries - Not so mutually exclusive, the initial injury can impact the probability of further injury. But you're into the realms of not so 'clean' probability. 

Condensing your post, what are the probabilities are the following outcomes from a coin toss exercise?

TTTTTTTTTTT

HHHHHHHH

TTHHHTHHH

HHHHHHHTT

THTHTHTHTH

Of course you see clusters, but that doesn't change that every event should be 50/50 (caveat you can have a NULL outcome if you're coin flipping is really bad). 

The gamblers fallacy you get from this is people seeing a run of Reds/Blacks on roulette and insist it must be the other colour soon otherwise it's not really 50/50. 

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

First of all, injuries are random. Because everything is random. 

If it wasn't random, you would be able to predict who gets injured next. You can't.

Also, you are supporting what I said when you say "of course you see clusters" - this was my main point. Clusters exist even when they aren't "supposed to". Whilst you are claiming fallacy here, there is none to be found. We aren't talking about gambling. We are talking about real world events. Also clusters are not exclusive to mutually exclusive predictions. Clusters happen everywhere, in eveyrhting. Down to microbes, and as large as galaxies. 

Let's not forget the main point though. Don't blame Ballard, nor Paris for his injuries. As these things are uncontrollable. His talent is plain as day. 

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What's the best metric for assessing success of a draft class? Ages ago I dived into trying to break down drafts and looked at things such as average games stated/All pro selections/Some position based stats and it soon gets pretty noisy. But you do start to pick out a few things that aren't all that surprising. QBs tend to 'need' to be drafted higher to be long term successful vs say RBs where you can get some low rounders having long/decent careers.

See I like the chart above, but it's hard presented without the context/methodology to understand if it's good analysis or not, and that's not to say it's not.

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Ballard and company need to improve upon their drafting, especially at DE and CB. Too many misses like Eason, Campbell, Rock, and almost all our recent DEs. 

Campbells issues have not been he can’t play. He can clearly play and his talent was worth a 2nd round pick. Can’t predict injuries when a guy was never injured in college.

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

My problem with this is that we have needs at positions that could have been had in the 4th and paid a veteran backup instead.  I appreciate your graph but it was a thrown away pick.

• Like 1

Just now, WentzinRome said:

My problem with this is that we have needs at positions that could have been had in the 4th and paid a veteran backup instead.  I appreciate your graph but it was a thrown away pick.

I undedrstand what you are saying. I am just pointing out a simple fact. Everyone thinks its bad until they have it worse. There are plenty of teams in the NFL that would rather have Ballard than their GM. The picks prove it, and so do all of the charts put together by numerous analysts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

On May 11, 2021, Woods signed with the Indianapolis Colts.[16] He was released on September 6, 2021 and re-signed to the practice squad.[17] He was promoted to the active roster on September 24, 2021.[18] He was released on October 11, 2021 and re-signed to the practice squad.

And now is being signed to active roster

I was right he was on PS:td::lol:

• Shive changed the title to Eason Waived/Claimed by Seattle (Merge)