Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason Waived/Claimed by Seattle (Merge)

CR91

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Think they are at 52 right now.

The kicker was added to the 53. They waived Eason added sam and waived Williams and added the kicker.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

After all of these moves it looks like we have an extra spot available on the roster.  Sam for Eason, Badgley for Paris, Williams waived.  Extra spot.  A signing coming?

Oh never mind your right. There is Nelson’s spot.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The kicker was added to the 53. They waived Eason added sam and waived Williams and added the kicker.

Oh never mind your right. There is Nelson’s spot.

I would add Nelson and waive Davenport.  Pryor takes Davenport’s spot.  Then sign a FA.  Maybe Mercelus for Williams or one of the CB’s we brought in. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would add Nelson and waive Davenport.  Pryor takes Davenport’s spot.  Then sign a FA.  Maybe Mercelus for Williams or one of the CB’s we brought in. 

I didn’t think about davenport if smith comes back but that is probably cutting the tackle spot a little thin. Nelson will take the open spot most likely.

Just a guess with Campbell bur maybe a broken foot. 8 weeks. Reich said they thought It was a week to week thing until the next morning.  So that may or may not get him back in mid DEC. He seems to be a slow healer. If colts aren’t in the playoff hunt they probably don’t bring him back. But if they do make the playoffs I could see him maybe coming back.

14 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

One million times better than Hundley. Hundley has to play turn off the TV and head out for yard work 

For a backup, absolutely agree, Cam Newton would be far better than anyone you can find at this moment. We would have to tailor the offense for any backup anyways, IMO. Might as well be someone who has the big arm and can keep Ds honest with his legs. He gives more than SE with his legs and can throw much farther than SE, he might flourish with taller wideouts due to his inaccuracies but we have the tall guys to get the job done. Heck, both Luck and Wentz threw high and I'd be fine with Cam holding the fort for a few games because that is all he would be brought in for. 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

BahhhaaaWahhhhaaa........ :highfive2:

Waste of a 4th round pick on a guy I and others on here knew was terrible from the jump. 

That pick was a total headscratcher the entire time. Never made sense based on type of offense Frank has been running here.

I'm actually kind of angry about that wasted pick, amongst others as we could have selected Gabriel Davis, Darnell Mooney, or KJ Osborn instead. All of which could have helped our receiving core

How bout both....:thmup:

Let's not act like your talent evaluation has been without fault, the difference here is you show up when you're right and are strangely absent when you're wrong... 

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Let's not act like your talent evaluation has been without fault, the difference here is you show up when you're right and are strangely absent when you're wrong... 

frankly I don’t get celebrating when a Colts player fails but that’s just me.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For a backup, absolutely agree, Cam Newton would be far better than anyone you can find at this moment. We would have to tailor the offense for any backup anyways, IMO. Might as well be someone who has the big arm and can keep Ds honest with his legs. He gives more than SE with his legs and can throw much farther than SE, he might flourish with taller wideouts due to his inaccuracies but we have the tall guys to get the job done. Heck, both Luck and Wentz threw high and I'd be fine with Cam holding the fort for a few games because that is all he would be brought in for. 

I don’t think Cam is a guy you want to bring into the locker room. He would erode some of the leadership Wentz has going. His personality is too big.

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Devil's advocate... if we hadn't faced the Luck retirement, the death by mediocrity of JB, the Rivers retirement tour and Wentz being injured, would we even care so much about a 4th round QB flyer getting waived?

Yes because our back up situation is bad

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I can agree with this sentiment, but it's also a 4th round QB, the odds of success were never that high to start with.

Oh yeah I always thought the Colts felt that Eason was going to be a backup not the future starter if he worked out.  Still I just don’t get why some celebrate when any player fails.  Even if you don’t like them them failing hurts the team.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh yeah I always thought the Colts felt that Eason was going to be a backup not the future starter if he worked out.  Still I just don’t get why some celebrate when any player fails.  Even if you don’t like them them failing hurts the team.

I don’t get this either. The players didn’t ask to be drafted to a certain team or where they were drafted. They are also human. Just because they didn’t work doesn’t mean they didn’t work hard. This is why I hate all the Parris hate. It’s not the kids fault he keeps getting injured. I just wish people looked at these players as human beings and not as a piece of meat.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t get this either. The players didn’t ask to be drafted to a certain team or where they were drafted. They are also human. Just because they didn’t work doesn’t mean they didn’t work hard. This is why I hate all the Parris hate. It’s not the kids fault he keeps getting injured. I just wish people looked at these players as human beings and not as a piece of meat.

Can't deny the Parris injuries are disappointing. I thought he could be the next Marvin Harrison once he polished his route running. Instead he is like Anthony Gonzales

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yep... very much expected this. It's obvious Frank doesn't trust him. In a weird way I feel like this is the better solution, even though I liked Eason's potential. No need to put on a facade when it's hurting the roster. If you don't trust him, just let him go and put on players that you actually feel good about playing. :dunno:

That’s if you trust Frank, which I don’t.

Both Tell and Jordan Lucas to ir today, explains why Tell was never called up lingering injury and Lucas must have got hurt in Sunday's game. Leaves us very very thin at Safety as I Campbell was put on ir recently we need Sendejo back or head into Sunday night with only 3 Safetys available and Odum only in desperation. 

Saw the Williams cut coming once Stallworth's snaps went up and his didnt. Davis is our 4th DT going forward.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Arm talent was the only thing he had going for him, he hasnt been good enough at anything else to play in the league.  They might need to look for a backup soon, i like brett over sam but that isnt saying much 

Not sure about that. He was flawless in the reason using the two minute offense and threw zero INTs. When Went got hurt against the Rams (because he won’t get rid of the ball and has been quoted that he probably never will learn to do that) it was a bad situation and Frank didn’t put him in a good play call situation to be successful.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Totally agree. Paris has had some bad luck but has busted his butt to get back and some “fans” knock him for being injury prone, like it’s some character flaw. 

Archived