Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts +7

MPStack

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

SF will be well rested after a bye week, another primetime game for us, their D will be buzzing. We need Wentz to be at his best again and our D to not have another primetime letdown.

Curious to see who starts Jimmy G or Trey

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Curious to see who starts Jimmy G or Trey

Jimmy G. Trey Lance is banged up with a knee issue and Jimmy G has had time to get healthy. Will be a tough game, IMO. Jimmy G has a quick release and we will never get to him based on our scheme and his release. Plus Shanahan is going to test our LBs with play action and creative ways to run the ball. This will go down to the wire and we need Wentz and the offense to put up close to 30 points to win this game. They took Rodgers and the Packers to the wire with Jimmy G and the Packers are a better pass D than ours.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

IMHO a mobile QB like lance would likely do more damage to us

Only if the mobile QB can also pass well enough. If we can bottle up Lamar WHEN our DBs were healthy and on the field, we would definitely have taken care of Trey Lance. Jimmy G, for reasons I stated above, will be a tough challenge.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Without Kittle though? He's on IR

Shanahan and his creative play calling worries me, he has had 2 weeks to prepare for us to use whatever weapons he has. Kittle had been hit and miss even when healthy, probably was playing banged up all along before going on IR. Deebo Samuel has been their star, we need to make someone else beat us.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Shanahan and his creative play calling worries me, he has had 2 weeks to prepare for us to use whatever weapons he has. Kittle had been hit and miss even when healthy, probably was playing banged up all along before going on IR. Deebo Samuel has been their star, we need to make someone else beat us.

That's why you hope Rhodes shadows Samuel.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

IMHO a mobile QB like lance would likely do more damage to us

I think Jimmy G's experience  and quick release makes him more dangerous to us.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Without Kittle though? He's on IR

Jimmy G is still the better QB at this point when he's on it.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Deebo Samuel has been their star, we need to make someone else beat us.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

That's why you hope Rhodes shadows Samuel.

I think both Rock and Rhodes match up well against Samuel.

It's gonna be a tough game to win for the Colts.   

I think they lose but they have to play the game.  

I hate playing teams coming off their bye week.   Especially on the road on the West coast.   The 49rs will be playing hard because they can get back to .500.  

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

No idea why that made me laugh but I immediately thought of Rock and Roll, then Rocky Road ice cream and now I dont know what to do with myself.

The only thing you can do at this point. Throw on some rock and roll and just......

Ice Cream Dancing GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Shanahan is the best OC in the league I think, so of course the 9ers will be ready to pick the Colts defense apart early on.  Colts just need to be prepared to make quick adjustments defensively.

Colts are good enough to beat the 9ers.  I like our chances this week.  If they can get to 3-4 with a big win here things will look a ton better.

3 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

How are they going to stop Bosa?

He is a beast.  But I would chip him and run the ball at him and grind him down.

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

Pretty encouraging even at 2-4, seeing the Colts are tied for 3rd in the league with a turnover ratio of +7 with the Cowboys. 

Wentz, is protecting the ball well and is now rated in the top 10, and has 102 RTG. 

Not to mention just 1 INT. (And it doesn't hurt that Taylor is in the top-5 in rushing.)

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

Pretty encouraging even at 2-4, seeing the Colts are tied for 3rd in the league with a turnover ratio of +7 with the Cowboys. 

Wentz, is protecting the ball well and is now rated in the top 10, and has 102 RTG. 

He’s in that 12-17 range for most stats now, but he’s actually #1 in INT %. 

Whatever was wrong with Wentz in Philly Frank has fixed.  I think Frank is just the calming influence that Wentz needs.  Tonight he clearly got uncomfortable vs the 49ers and started to revert back to what got him in trouble in Philly just throwing the ball up for grabs when he shouldn’t.  I think Frank went to him and calmed him down and Carson played much better the rest of the game.  For all the people who say oh the coach isn’t fiery enough sometimes that stoic calming influence works really well because if your players see you aren’t panicked they calm down too.  Just like in the 06 AFCCG when they were down 24-3 and Dungy kept telling the guys “it’s still our time”.  Like Saturday said It kept their confidence up at a time it would have been really easy to panic.  

I laughed when I heard Leonard say he wanted the defense to have 40 turnovers this year and went no way.  Now I am not only am I seeing why he said it I think he’s determined to do it himself!  

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Whatever was wrong with Wentz in Philly Frank has fixed.  I think Frank is just the calming influence that Wentz needs.  Tonight he clearly got uncomfortable vs the 49ers and started to revert back to what got him in trouble in Philly just throwing the ball up for grabs when he shouldn’t.  I think Frank went to him and calmed him down and Carson played much better the rest of the game.  For all the people who say oh the coach isn’t fiery enough sometimes that stoic calming influence works really well because if your players see you aren’t panicked they calm down too.  Just like in the 06 AFCCG when they were down 24-3 and Dungy kept telling the guys “it’s still our time”.  Like Saturday said It kept their confidence up at a time it would have been really easy to panic.  

I laughed when I heard Leonard say he wanted the defense to have 40 turnovers this year and went no way.  Now I am not only am I seeing why he said it I think he’s determined to do it himself!  

good post

Just to clarify because I have OCD. The Colts trailed the pats 3-21 at worst in the AFCCG in late January 2007. 6-21 at half. The FG before half really kept their spirits up + some momentum as well only being down 2 TD + 1 2 point play while getting the ball first in the 2H. 

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

good post

Just to clarify because I have OCD. The Colts trailed the pats 3-21 at worst in the AFCCG in late January 2007. 6-21 at half. The FG before half really kept their spirits up + some momentum as well only being down 2 TD + 1 2 point play while getting the ball first in the 2H. 

You are correct.

Archived