Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Texans at Colts: Postgame thoughts

EastStreet

53 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the next two weeks will decide if the colts have a chance at the playoffs .  if we can beat 49ers and the titans we could be in first place titans have a brutal schedule . handle business and things will get so much better .  next weeks game is like a playoff game

I think the key will be getting the injured players back and running. We need all hands on deck if we are to go on a bit of a run through the softer part of our schedule. It's easier said than done, but we simply have to beat the 9ers and then hopefully have Tennesse in LOS with us close to full health as possible.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, holeymoley99 said:

The losses show even more then the wins, Ravens game we had won except late injuries and the embarrassed the West leader the Chargers today wasnt even a contest. We led the Rams late and they are running people over, may be the NFC most complete squad (Arizona playing great, Tamps not so much) and we have done all this with a MASH unit....T.Y.back today,Smith and Q soon....we are the team to beat in the South and could make noise post season.

Yes but they still lost.  The Colts have to start beating good teams not just playing them close.  They have two chances the next two weeks.  We will have a much better idea of where the Colts season is going after the Titans game.

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

The Jets loss is going to haunt them, they also have Pitt on the road and they are more likely to lose to S.F. than we are so thats a wash at worse. Tenn is just not a good club, they can beat injured squads but cant even beat cellar dwellers who are healthy, the Jets game was not a one off. Bad O line and bad defense, they have no injured players coming to save the day. Its ride Henry and hope from what I have seen.

Why on earth are they more likely to lose to SF than we are? We have to travel to the WC to play them. SF has to travel east to play TN.

Have you even seen TN's injury report? They are injured, not bad. And are you forgetting the beat us already lol...

I do think we're the better team right now, but you're ignoring a lot of things. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why on earth are they more likely to lose to SF than we are? We have to travel to the WC to play them. SF has to travel east to play TN.

Have you even seen TN's injury report? They are injured, not bad. And are you forgetting the beat us already lol...

I do think we're the better team right now, but you're ignoring a lot of things. 

Let’s see how they look tomorrow against the Bills. If they get smashed I’ll feel more confident the Colts can beat them week 8 in Indy.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Have you even seen TN'd injury report? They are injured, not bad. And are you forgetting the beat us already lol...

They are more likely to lose to SF than we are because their roster has less talent plain and simple. They beat us when we were down multiple bodies, heck Wentz couldnt even move that game, as we get key pieces back the difference in the two squads is not slight. Im not forgetting the Jets beat them , it wasnt the Ravens who beat them wasnt the Chiefs, wasnt the Bills they lost to the Jets....

Great games from Wentz, Taylor, Pittman, and TY.

Defense was opportunistic and looked better in the second half!

Bobby O with 14 tackles, good for him. Gotta give him praise especially after I get on him so much.

Cant wait to see how things look with Smith and  Nelson back.

Things seemed off and out of sync for a long stretch in middle of the game.

Good day for special teams 

You're not going to hear me disparage the Colts this week.

Not after a 31-3 win over a team we were supposed to beat big.

Not after Taylor runs for 145 yards and 2 TD's.

Not after TY gets 80 receiving yards.

Not after three chunk plays over 50 yards each.

Not after a defensive performance with 2 sacks, 3 turnovers (and should have been more) and holding them to only 3 points.

Nope.

I'm gonna feel good about what did well.

"I love winning, man.  I @#$% love winning.  You know, it's like better than losing!" -- Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh, Bull Durham.

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Let’s see how they look tomorrow against the Bills. If they get smashed I’ll feel more confident the Colts can beat them week 8 in Indy.

Exactly. 

Buffalo has a good rush D on paper, but they haven't played a good rushing team all season so far. In fact, they've played three of the worst.

18 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They are more likely to lose to SF than we are because their roster has less talent plain and simple. They beat us when we were down multiple bodies, heck Wentz couldnt even move that game, as we get key pieces back the difference in the two squads is not slight. Im not forgetting the Jets beat them , it wasnt the Ravens who beat them wasnt the Chiefs, wasnt the Bills they lost to the Jets....

Vs the jets, they had like 15 people on their injury report, and were missing 6 guys, including their two best WRs.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Doesn't really matter where, right?

Well kinda huge actually, means the rematch at home not road. Oddsmakers typically swing 3 to home squad so a swing of 6 points traditionally so almost a full td.

They had some injuries vs Jets (6 total) they sure havent been hit like we have not even close and safe to say we would be losing to Jets even with all injuries we had went ot with Ravens and lost to Rams at the very end.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No excuse, Tannehill and Henry were healthy, if we lost to the Jets you would be ripping us apart and saying Frank sucks. 

Sure I would, they deserve to get ripped.

The problem is, Tannehill and Henry both had good games, even without Julio and AJ. The O really wasn't their issue. 

And it was missed FG in OT that lost the game for them.

And are you really going to say "no excuse" though lol... You're like King of excuses... 

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Well kinda huge actually, means the rematch at home not road. Oddsmakers typically swing 3 to home squad so a swing of 6 points traditionally so almost a full td.

They had some injuries vs Jets (6 total) they sure havent been hit like we have not even close and safe to say we would be losing to Jets even with all injuries we had went ot with Ravens and lost to Rams at the very end.

I have us beating TN. I don't assume we'll beat SF, or that TN will lose two home games to AFC teams before they play us.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sure I would, they deserve to get ripped.

The problem is, Tannehill and Henry both had good games, even without Julio and AJ. The O really wasn't their issue. 

And it was missed FG in OT that lost the game for them.

And are you really going to say "no excuse" though lol... You're like King of excuses... 

At least you called me a king of something, I feel privileged now happy homer simpson GIF

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Exactly. 

Buffalo has a good rush D on paper, but they haven't played a good rushing team all season so far. In fact, they've played three of the worst.

It's way to early to use metrics. No validity until 8+ plus weeks and that's early... we have a lot of work to do. In my eyes we are a borderline wildcard just missing the show, unless Q and Smith return soon and Rhodes mans up... Ya Sin looking more like #1 when healthy...

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I have us beating TN. I don't assume we'll beat SF, or that TN will lose two home games to AFC teams before they play us.

I think we have an excellent shot vs Sf, not a gimme but like our chances as we are getting important bodies back. Also think Tenn will have to show more then they have to beat either of the 2 top ranked AFC squads going into this season. Bills playing well and KC likely puts a lot on the board vs Tenn D

When are we going to do something with Braden Smith?

For a minor injury, the guy is wayyyyy overdue to be back in the lineup...he has missed 5 games! If he needs surgery, then DO IT and get on with the rehab. If he returns and re-injures himself then he will need surgery anyway. Quit lying to us fans and DO SOMETHING!

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

When are we going to do something with Braden Smith?

For a minor injury, the guy is wayyyyy overdue to be back in the lineup...he has missed 5 games! If he needs surgery, then DO IT and get on with the rehab. If he returns and re-injures himself then he will need surgery anyway. Quit lying to us fans and DO SOMETHING!

Reich said he hopes both Nelson and smith are back next week.

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think we have an excellent shot vs Sf, not a gimme but like our chances as we are getting important bodies back. Also think Tenn will have to show more then they have to beat either of the 2 top ranked AFC squads going into this season. Bills playing well and KC likely puts a lot on the board vs Tenn D

I don’t like our chances against Buffalo.   And San Fran us at home.    But I’ve always liked us on the road, so I think we best the 49ers.   

I think we put a hurt on Tennessee.   Plus wins against the Jets and Jags.   I honestly believe we’re going to win 5 straight and be 6-4 when we face the Bills.   I just think they’re on another level or two from us.   

16 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

It's way to early to use metrics. No validity until 8+ plus weeks and that's early... we have a lot of work to do. In my eyes we are a borderline wildcard just missing the show, unless Q and Smith return soon and Rhodes mans up... Ya Sin looking more like #1 when healthy...

You can use metrics, just have to apply context. Like in Buffalo's case, their schedule.

Buffalo is a very good team, but their SoS is 29th so far.... Their remaining schedule is 31st... 

So suffice to say, they have played 5 teams with a total of 9 wins and 20 losses.

DB is definitely better with both Rock and Xavier, but I just can't get too pumped over a win vs Houston/Mills, and Miami/JB.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You can use metrics, just have to apply context. Like in Buffalo's case, their schedule.

Buffalo is a very good team, but their SoS is 29th so far.... Their remaining schedule is 31st... 

So suffice to say, they have played 5 teams with a total of 9 wins and 20 losses.

DB is definitely better with both Rock and Xavier, but I just can't get too pumped over a win vs Houston/Mills, and Miami/JB.

Buffalo demolished Mahomes at KC so that SOS is skewed as usual. That is why stats aren't everything. I am happy we won because no win is a given. Like I said earlier, I am sure the Titans walked in thinking they would beat the jets sleep walking - look what happened.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it’s good to get pumped up over a win.  No matter who it is.  It’s an NFL win.  And besides it’s good for ones mental health.  Lol

22 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I like our chances too vs SF. But I don't like our pass D or LT lol.. And those two things could be critical in a road game.

Buffalo's SoS is weak as hell, and have played a bunch of bad rushing teams. The game should be interesting. TN gets a lot of guys back, but will be down their starting CB.  

KC's D is bottom 10 in just about every stat. It'll be interesting to watch. I think it'll be a high scoring game on both sides. 

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t like our chances against Buffalo.   And San Fran us at home.    But I’ve always liked us on the road, so I think we best the 49ers.   

I think we put a hurt on Tennessee.   Plus wins against the Jets and Jags.   I honestly believe we’re going to win 5 straight and be 6-4 when we face the Bills.   I just think they’re on another level or two from us.   

Our lack of pass rush is gonna show against Allen, unless Paye all of a sudden figures it out.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t like facing Bosa with Fisher playing so bad. I don’t know what side he plays on but I am sure they will put him where he has a advantage. This will also be a good game to Gauge Pryor.

Getting the run game going early would help slow Bosa down.  A few screens would go along way too on Bosa’s side.  

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Buffalo demolished Mahomes at KC so that SOS is skewed as usual. That is why stats aren't everything. I am happy we won because no win is a given. Like I said earlier, I am sure the Titans walked in thinking they would beat the jets sleep walking - look what happened.

It's not skewed... their opponents are 9-20... 

It's a simple formula mostly based off opponent W/Ls.

KC's D is ranked bottom 10 in just about every stat category. And KC lost their only decent RB early 2H that game. Mahomes also had a bad night. Threw 2 INTs last week, and another 2 this week. Something is off with him. 

That's another reason I think TN has a decent shot at beating KC.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I wonder if the Chargers might be regretting their choice of Tristan Vizcaino over Michael Badgley this season, they both have missed 1 field goal attempt on the season, but Badgley has only missed 1 XP attempt in Week 1 for Tennessee (the same game he missed the FG attempt) but has made the only FG attempt for us, and all 4 XPs today while Vizcaino has missed 5 XPs on the season, 2 in Week 3 against the Chiefs, 2 last week against the Browns and 1 today at Baltimore.

I'm pretty sure they don't pay anyone named Tristan Vizcaino after the info in this post....

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it’s good to get pumped up over a win.  No matter who it is.  It’s an NFL win.  And besides it’s good for ones mental health.  Lol

I never have gotten pumped on wins over chumps... that kinda rhymes lol. 

Wins over competitive division foes or other teams like Baltimore or LAR, that's different. I'll get pumped, but not too high.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's not skewed... their opponents are 9-20... 

It's a simple formula mostly based off opponent W/Ls.

KC's D is ranked bottom 10 in just about every stat category. And KC lost their only decent RB early 2H that game. Mahomes also had a bad night. Threw 2 INTs last week, and another 2 this week. Something is off with him. 

That's another reason I think TN has a decent shot at beating KC.

Did u think Bufflao would beat KC at KC? Nobody did I didn't. 

Archived