Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Texans at Colts: Postgame thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We will be in control of the South after Buffalo beats Tenn which was the goal all along.

We're still a full game behind them, even if they lose. 

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Taylor is a beast, Wentz had time to make throws. Run defense is as good as ever. Rhodes and Rock both being in there huge difference. Chargers were thought to be 2nd best AFC team and Ravens destroyed them so shows how well we played on Monday. This team coming together

Houston has a horrible run O and run D. 

Agree, we're much much better with Rhodes and RYS in. 

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Lance he is not accurate at all, keep a spy on him and dont let him run. His weakness plays into the D we play.

Yeah but we are not good at that. Seems like there is more tape on Jimmy G too.

Just watching that Campbell TD. He wasn’t limping or anything after so that is so weird. He didn’t look hurt after at all.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Rock  will probably miss the SF game. I bet he  doesn’t play. I though Rogers looked good though.

again, he walked off on his own with just a little limp.

he may very well miss next week, but nothing there to say he's likely to miss.

7 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Not a great outing for Fisher. If his play doesn’t improve we’re probably gonna need to address the position top priority in the off-season. 

While I think this year Fischer is the answer. I'm salivating at the thought of maybe having Smith and Nelson on the sameside of the line. Where you running JT behind?

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just watching that Campbell TD. He wasn’t limping or anything after so that is so weird. He didn’t look hurt after at all.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it's a small issue and he can make a quick recovery. It's weird how many foot injuries we have had this year..

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah but we are not good at that. Seems like there is more tape on Jimmy G too.

MUCH better than accurate qb like Jimmy G who can dink and dunk down the field. Lance is not that type of QB at all

34 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

JT's numbers were paltry in the 1H (all of our running was). He really got going in the second. I think the long throws helped open up the run a bit.

Paye didn't look great on the DL, but that drop back play did look impressive from an athletic standpoint.

I don’t think Taylor has more than a couple of runs in the first half. I could be wrong though.

That was scary for a while, thank God the defense caused some turnovers in the office cleaned up nicely. What bothers me is the fact that the zone defense that we’re playing in the passing game is full of deficiencies. We play too far off of peopleAnd we don’t have the personnel to pull that off like better teams do. It was great to finally see a win at home. Here’s to holding over the great points of the game today into San Francisco. Let’s get that win

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

But the 2nd game is in Indy so we win that we have tiebreaker as of tomorrow

They won here. 

If we beat them, and had the same record, we'd be tied. It would go to other tie breakers. 

Losing to them means we'll need luck unless our record is better at the end of the year.

Campbell hurting himself on his 1 target (although a TD) is not good. I just don't see him being on this team when his contract is over. Need more WR threat on this team. Probably should look for CB help next season too. Fisher should have a better game next week. 

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

That was scary for a while, thank God the defense caused some turnovers in the office cleaned up nicely. What bothers me is the fact that the zone defense that we’re playing in the passing game is full of deficiencies. We play too far off of peopleAnd we don’t have the personnel to pull that off like better teams do. It was great to finally see a win at home. Here’s to holding over the great points of the game today into San Francisco. Let’s get that win

Okay, I’m glad you posted that.  I didn’t want to be ‘that guy’ complaining about a D that gave up 3 points.  

The takeaways made up for that loose zone.  When they jammed Cooks it worked.  Otherwise, he gashed them.

Yes, I know…injuries… I get that.   Still, how many QBs have had career days against that D?

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Campbell hurting himself on his 1 target (although a TD) is not good. I just don't see him being on this team when his contract is over. Need more WR threat on this team. Probably should look for CB help next season too. Fisher should have a better game next week. 

Bosa and you think he will have a better game?

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They won here. 

If we beat them, and had the same record, we'd be tied. It would go to other tie breakers. 

Losing to them means we'll need luck unless our record is better at the end of the year.

We would be a game up in AFC over them as of tomorrow if we win the rematch.

10 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I hope Blankenship gets Wally Pipped.

I wonder if the Chargers might be regretting their choice of Tristan Vizcaino over Michael Badgley this season, they both have missed 1 field goal attempt on the season, but Badgley has only missed 1 XP attempt in Week 1 for Tennessee (the same game he missed the FG attempt) but has made the only FG attempt for us, and all 4 XPs today while Vizcaino has missed 5 XPs on the season, 2 in Week 3 against the Chiefs, 2 last week against the Browns and 1 today at Baltimore.

59 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Its crazy what happens when Taylor gets the ball in his hands huh.

Id be interested to hear how people saw Paye play today. Seemed a little slow coming off his injury, but thats to be expected. He looked like he did well run defending though.

He is good, he was close to many hits and TFLs.  And that was a pick he got his hands under that...

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Okay, I’m glad you posted that.  I didn’t want to be ‘that guy’ complaining about a D that gave up 3 points.  

The takeaways made up for that loose zone.  When they jammed Cooks it worked.  Otherwise, he gashed them.

Yes, I know…injuries… I get that.   Still, how many QBs have had career days against that D?

We didn't give up points but Mills wasn't struggling when he was accurate... people were open all day in our zone..

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Welcome back TY (hope he’s not hurt too bad)

Taylor is a beast.

Wentz cooled off in the second half but Taylor got going.  Wentz has proven to be the answer at QB.  Frank has clearly made an impact with him.  Good marriage between the two.

Leonard is playing like an all pro on a bad wheel.

Still concerned about the lack of pass rush up front.  It was better today but the Texans were also really beat up on the line.

Bad day for Fisher.  I still don’t think he’s the long term answer at LT

Badgley made all his kicks so all you could ask for from him.  I thought the announcers made too big of a deal about him not doing kickoffs as Ridgo does that even with a healthy Hot Rod.

The secondary was better but the Texans are a bad team so I am still concerned about them.

Was good that Pascal came back in after he got hurt.

Campbell finally got his deep bomb and then got hurt sigh.

Forgot to say Moore played his best game of the season after playing one of his worst on Monday.

30 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We would be a game up in AFC over them as of tomorrow if we win the rematch.

You're assuming too much. We'll likely lose to the Bills later too. And they may beat KC at home even if they lose to Buffalo at home. And we'll be underdogs to SF. 

Did Parris get hurt on that TD? Ir sure doesn’t look like it was that play.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

You're assuming too much. We'll likely lose to the Bills later too. And they may beat KC at home even if they lose to Buffalo at home. And we'll be underdogs to SF. 

How about just wait to see what happens. One game at a time.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The Jets loss is going to haunt them, they also have Pitt on the road and they are more likely to lose to S.F. than we are so thats a wash at worse. Tenn is just not a good club, they can beat injured squads but cant even beat cellar dwellers who are healthy, the Jets game was not a one off. Bad O line and bad defense, they have no injured players coming to save the day. Its ride Henry and hope from what I have seen.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

But the 2nd game is in Indy so we win that we have tiebreaker as of tomorrow

Let’s just see what happens.  While the division is most definitely in play let’s remember the Colts are 2-4 and the two wins have come over a team whose lone win came against the worst team in football last year and a underachieving Miami team with a backup QB who just lost to the worst team in football last year.  The Colts have a long way to go before they should start thinking about playoff tiebreakers.  However, wins the next two weeks would go a long way towards making those matter.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Let’s just see what happens.  While the division is most definitely in play let’s remember the Colts are 2-4 and the two wins have come over a team whose lone win came against the worst team in football last year and a underachieving Miami team with a backup QB who just lost to the worst team in football last year.  The Colts have a long way to go before they should start thinking about playoff tiebreakers.  However, wins the next two weeks would go a long way towards making those matter.

The losses show even more then the wins, Ravens game we had won except late injuries and the embarrassed the West leader the Chargers today wasnt even a contest. We led the Rams late and they are running people over, may be the NFC most complete squad (Arizona playing great, Tamps not so much) and we have done all this with a MASH unit....T.Y.back today,Smith and Q soon....we are the team to beat in the South and could make noise post season.

Archived