Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For people who ask why did the Colts pay Leonard?

GoColts8818

7 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I love how people on this forum think they need to tell others what to post or when to post.

I think some, like @Indyfan4life and @jvan1973,would really only be happy if there was only 1 thread in the forum and all you could post was Go Colts!. And you could only post when they tell you to. 

Nah. I’ve been critical of Frank recently, and I’m cruddy with him having Wentz throw 51 times yesterday when JT was gashing them. There are those that do NOTHING but complain no matter what, even if we win. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I love how people on this forum think they need to tell others what to post or when to post.

I think some, like @Indyfan4life and @jvan1973,would really only be happy if there was only 1 thread in the forum and all you could post was Go Colts!. And you could only post when they tell you to. 

You do know that your post history is public for everyone to see right? It's not hard to look back and see that you consistently troll, hardly post anything productive, and are most active after losses.

It's not about always posting just sunshine and rainbows, but consistent trolling and bad faith arguments typically aren't well received when other people are trying to have a legitimate conversation.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

You do know that your post history is public for everyone to see right? It's not hard to look back and see that you consistently troll, hardly post anything productive, and are most active after losses.

It's not about always posting just sunshine and rainbows, but consistent trolling and bad faith arguments typically aren't well received when other people are trying to have a legitimate conversation.

That may be true but I do think there is a kinda Pollyannish Bully Mafia on this forum too. 

21 hours ago, Nickster said:

But you play combo coverage and can have one guy in man on the outside receiver.  This is what really helps blitzing.  When you can really on one guy iso, even if you call it zone.   or To have a LB chase the back out of the backfield on a hot read. 

And I absolutely agree with you that Rock should be able to be an excellent hard corner and I've rarely if ever noticed him used like this.

I think it's always good to identify the WR you're up against, or your DBs up against. If they are small speedsters, it's good to knock them around in the first 5 yards and get them off their timing. If it's a WR or TE you have the measurables to man up with, then man up at times. We just don't seem to take advantage of things we should. IMO, Rock has a lot of measurables to do both.

We did a bunch of the stuff you've been advocating for.  We blitzed, stunted.  Mixed results I'd say, but not terrible.  Not clearly positive either, but Flus did dip into a bag of tricks yesterday.

I wouldn't say a bunch, but saw some. And you have to do it more if you expect to get any good at it. 

I was pretty surprised how effective we were against Henry.  Obviously now he was badly injured so maybe we weren't as good as it looked at the time.  At any rate 28 carries for 68 yds is perdy good. 

Saw him re-taped twice, so I'm gonna assume he was pretty gimpy. He didn't have his normal burst at all. After the second tape I saw, he came back in and bursted pretty well on one run, then slowed up again it seemed. Not sure if they gave him some topical or something with the tape that worked short term.

BTW, Yellowstone starts next week again. If you haven't watched it, it's another tremendous series with great writing, characters, etc.. Good music and setting as well. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think it's always good to identify the WR you're up against, or your DBs up against. If they are small speedsters, it's good to knock them around in the first 5 yards and get them off their timing. If it's a WR or TE you have the measurables to man up with, then man up at times. We just don't seem to take advantage of things we should. IMO, Rock has a lot of measurables to do both.

I wouldn't say a bunch, but saw some. And you have to do it more if you expect to get any good at it. 

Saw him re-taped twice, so I'm gonna assume he was pretty gimpy. He didn't have his normal burst at all. After the second tape I saw, he came back in and bursted pretty well on one run, then slowed up again it seemed. Not sure if they gave him some topical or something with the tape that worked short term.

BTW, Yellowstone starts next week again. If you haven't watched it, it's another tremendous series with great writing, characters, etc.. Good music and setting as well. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

Almost thru season 2 of Billions.  Wife and I stay the course until we finish a show, but I have heard others talk about Yellowstone and will probably get to that next. 

Just now, Nickster said:

Almost thru season 2 of Billions.  Wife and I stay the course until we finish a show, but I have heard others talk about Yellowstone and will probably get to that next. 

Yellowstone, Succession, and Billions IMO are the best 3 shows still going IMO. 

If you're a Power fan, Raising Kanan is pretty darn good. Animal Kingdom is awesome too. I'm pretty hyped for Dexter's return too.

Archived