Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is going on with Strachan?

bleed blue4life

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s not good enough yet as a WR, and he’s not a contributor on Special Teams.   If you can’t contribute much in either, your chances of seeing much action, especially as a rookie, are small.   

No need to worry, he still has a bright future.  Those making fun of him are the Usual Suspects.

What's Campbell contributed to after 3 years, Jack. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?    Campbell has been hurt.   This isn’t an Apples to Apples comparison.    What’s your point?   

Is he helping ST at all...

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I've seen both play enough to say Strachan is the better player... Campbell lost that extra burst that made him special...

19 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If you're not starting (Campbell is), you generally need to be able to contribute to ST to be active on gameday. Strachan isn't competing with Campbell, as they play different roles. He's competing more with Pascal and Dulin. Pascal is the most well-rounded WR we have and Dulin is a ST ace. Stachan is odd man out at this point.

19 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I've seen both play enough to say Strachan is the better player... Campbell lost that extra burst that made him special...

Strachan made a couple of tough catches in traffic, but not much yet. He's got a high ceiling, but I don't think he's anywhere near it yet.

Campbell blew the top off of the defense on his TD. How has he lost his burst?

38 minutes ago, Shive said:

If you're not starting (Campbell is), you generally need to be able to contribute to ST to be active on gameday. Strachan isn't competing with Campbell, as they play different roles. He's competing more with Pascal and Dulin. Pascal is the most well-rounded WR we have and Dulin is a ST ace. Stachan is odd man out at this point.

Strachan made a couple of tough catches in traffic, but not much yet. He's got a high ceiling, but I don't think he's anywhere near it yet.

Campbell blew the top off of the defense on his TD. How has he lost his burst?

He hadsn't been consistent and that was more of blown coverage than blowing the top off...

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Are you serious?      You, sitting at home have decided Strachan is better than Campbell.   Yeah,  that "lost burst" really hurt him on the 50 yard TD.        You're really going to say you know better than Reich,  the OC,  the WR coach,  and the GM?

Seriously?

Do you even know if Strachan can read NFL defenses?    Cause odds are,  that's one of the things holding him up.   

I want to see him get more targets, but there may not be any room for him.   Pascal, Pittman, Hilton, Cox and the rest is a pretty good WR group.   It may have to come when the Colts are either blowing a team out or getting blown out.  

8 minutes ago, carmelcolt said:

I like Campbell's potential as well as any Colt fan, but there comes a time when you have to move on, I'm not suggestion now but if this is season ending, then that's 3 in 3 years. At what point do you say " we are moving on" :wall:

When his rookie contract is up.

We have a load of backup WR to fill Parris slot. It all depends on the strategy for that game. 

- DeMichael Harris ( slants and end arounds)

- Keke Coutee (proven veteran player, slants, good hands and quick cuts)

- Michael Strachan ( Stretch and Red Zone)

We need TY.... it will open up the rest of the WR's. Watch our TE come out.

1 hour ago, carmelcolt said:

I like Campbell's potential as well as any Colt fan, but there comes a time when you have to move on, I'm not suggestion now but if this is season ending, then that's 3 in 3 years. At what point do you say " we are moving on" :wall:

Right now...

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

Right now...

Cut the man a severance check...tough set of cards he was dealt...

Archived