Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton activated/ Blankenship to IR

csmopar

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I seriously doubt the Colts try to resign him after the season. AQM deserves a raise.

I agree AQM has played above his expectations and he is like Pasqual, a hard nosed, put on your hard hart and bring your lunch pail kind of player...maybe he will never be a Pro Bowler, but shows up and does what is asked of him.  Turay just can't seem to stay healthy, it is a shame.  Like Coach Dungy always preached, "The best ability is availability".

11 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Mr. Consistency! 

Mangina infection possibly?

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is just a guess but I don’t expect him to play just a couple plays. Since hot Rod  had to go on IR they could do this with Hilton a week early. They are probably looking at it as a morale boost to try and help the team.

Lol what? TY is gonna play more than just a couple plays he was cleared to go

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Lol what? TY is gonna play more than just a couple plays he was cleared to go

I know but he isn’t in game shape. One practice since camp. He had a few with Wentz right before the last preseason game. That isn’t much practice. Reich did mention there might be a snap limit. But he can’t hurt it again so he is completely healed.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I know but he isn’t in game shape. One practice since camp. He had a few with Wentz right before the last preseason game. That isn’t much practice. Reich did mention there might be a snap limit. But he can’t hurt it again so he is completely healed.

And you know personally what kind of shape TY is in ?

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And you know personally what kind of shape TY is in ?

Players can get hurt easy when they haven’t had a lot of practice before playing. There is a reason coaches want practice before letting them play. I realize he is a vet and this is a little different of a player but don’t get expectations up for tomorrow that he is going to play a lot. 

Not too much of a reach to think TY will be on a snap count.

Keep in mind he's entering a rotation that has been pretty consistent this year.

And it's not like he has a ton of chemistry with Wentz, and most of his routes are timing routes these days.

Not saying he'll only get a couple snaps, but he's not going to get more snaps than Pittman. He'll be sharing snaps with Campbell and Pascal most likely.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not too much of a reach to think TY will be on a snap count.

Keep in mind he's entering a rotation that has been pretty consistent this year.

And it's not like he has a ton of chemistry with Wentz, and most of his routes are timing routes these days.

Not saying he'll only get a couple snaps, but he's not going to get more snaps than Pittman. He'll be sharing snaps with Campbell and Pascal most likely.

Pascal was out snapping Hilton last season. So yeah Hilton is just going to be a depth and a additional weapon where maybe they can try some different things.

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Pascal was out snapping Hilton last season. So yeah Hilton is just going to be a depth and a additional weapon where maybe they can try some different things.

Yup, but Pascal's snaps were in large part because he was both X back up (Pittman was out for 4-5 games) and slot (Campbell was out most of the year). TY still got 65+% of snaps most games. Now everyone seems to be healthy (knock on wood).

So you have Pittman as primary X (maybe a little time at slot) with Pascal floating back and forth between back up X and big slot, TY getting in about half the snaps at Z, and Campbell splitting time between Z and slot. So guessing TY will get 40-55% of snaps tomorrow. I'd love to see TY get snaps at slot down the line, but doubt that happens.

Given Wentz and TY might lack some chemistry on timing routes, might be easier to give him slants and go routes. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, but Pascal's snaps were in large part because he was both X back up (Pittman was out for 4-5 games) and slot (Campbell was out most of the year). TY still got 65+% of snaps most games. Now everyone seems to be healthy (knock on wood).

So you have Pittman as primary X (maybe a little time at slot) with Pascal floating back and forth between back up X and big slot, TY getting in about half the snaps at Z, and Campbell splitting time between Z and slot. So guessing TY will get 40-55% of snaps tomorrow. I'd love to see TY get snaps at slot down the line, but doubt that happens.

Given Wentz and TY might lack some chemistry on timing routes, might be easier to give him slants and go routes. 

Pascals snaps were that high because he is a great blocker.especially in the run game.

I haven’t seen this posted elsewhere….   But here we are on Saturday and I haven’t seen a thread or a post about Kwity Paye is back this week and expected to play.  

Im guessing this first week he’s only playing third downs, but at least he’s back.  Hopefully, his return is a plus…. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I haven’t seen this posted elsewhere….   But here we are on Saturday and I haven’t seen a thread or a post about Kwity Paye is back this week and expected to play.  

Im guessing this first week he’s only playing third downs, but at least he’s back.  Hopefully, his return is a plus…. 

Plus he gets a backup tackle. Good game to gain some confidence. Those first two games were veteran LT. 

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Pittman missed 3 games.  No I doubt pascals snaps drop that much. Maybe a tiny bit.

He missed about half the game he got hurt in, then was out totally for 3 games, then was on a snap count when he came back. Pascal got snap increases in 5 games because of that. 

Pascal's snap counts won't likely drop a bunch this week, but I'll be you they drop off after that. It's either that, or don't use TY or don't develop Campbell. And Pittman isn't really going to lose snaps.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm going to guess TY has more receptions & yardage than Pascal tomorrow. :applause:

Really pulling for TY to hit 10,000 yds for his career. He needs 632 more. That would give the Indy Colts, three WRs (Marv, Reggie and TY) in the top 50 all-time. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Really pulling for TY to hit 10,000 yds for his career. He needs 632 more. That would give the Indy Colts, three WRs (Marv, Reggie and TY) in the top 50 all-time. 

Well, counting tomorrow he still has 2 games scheduled vs the texans this season......so 632 yards is doable just in those 2 games haha

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well, counting tomorrow he still has 2 games scheduled vs the texans this season......so 632 yards is doable just in those 2 games haha

Now you’ll going to have me looking for his best single game ever, but I’m confident isn’t wasn’t close to 300 in a game. lol 

I think Flipper Anderson is the only WR to do that, but could be wrong. 

The only downside to Hilton returning is Campbell was finally starting to do something last game with Wentz healthy. Now Campbell is going to be the 4th WR again and it will destroy any remaining chance of him developing. Oh well. Lets hope Hilton does his best the rest of the year. I may even trade him at the trade deadline tbh and get a 4th-5th rounder if he shows up the next few weeks.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He'll be fine

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Players can get hurt easy when they haven’t had a lot of practice before playing. There is a reason coaches want practice before letting them play. I realize he is a vet and this is a little different of a player but don’t get expectations up for tomorrow that he is going to play a lot. 

He will most assuredly be on some kind of snap count, specific plays or situations even.

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

5 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Pascals snaps were that high because he is a great blocker.especially in the run game.

I was gonna say the same thing, if we want to run the damn ball, using pascal is our best bet for blocking. Hes the bigger, nasty guy. TY never been known for it. I wonder if we do more spread now though with no tight end

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was gonna say the same thing, if we want to run the damn ball, using pascal is our best bet for blocking. Hes the bigger, nasty guy. TY never been known for it. I wonder if we do more spread now though with no tight end

TY isn't an inside WR. He's outside. So it's not about Pascal snaps vs TY snaps, at least not directly. And WRs/TEs normally are only impacting runs over tackle our wide edge runs.

Houston is pretty bad in run defense, so we won't really need to use a lot of help from WRs to be honest.

In terms of TY's impact, he'll get most if not all snaps from Z. So that will likely do two things. Frist it will cut into Z snaps (normally Campbell while TY was out). Second, Campbell will in turn go back to playing more slot, taking snaps away from Pascal. Pascal will now be able to play more back-up X so Pittman can rest more. In short, Pascal will still play plenty, but he'll likely just get less slot snaps while PC starts to play more there.

Archived