Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have we signed a new kicker?

22 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I liked Badgely when we had him in a couple years ago before the Chargers snatched him up.  Do we think he will be activated and do the kicking on Sunday?

According to Zak Keefer hot Rod might miss two games. We should just keep this guy on the PS. I don’t know why every team doesn’t have a backup kicker on their PS with all these new PS rules.

• Like 1

Badgley is in a 2 game try out, if he is brought up more then 2 times from p.s. must be signed to regular roster which takes up a spot. I think he will do well and be signed (We have extra D line bodies we can shed) and get that 3rd game in before Hot Rod returns.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Badgley is in a 2 game try out, if he is brought up more then 2 times from p.s. must be signed to regular roster which takes up a spot. I think he will do well and be signed (We have extra D line bodies we can shed) and get that 3rd game in before Hot Rod returns.

This is a good point. Because Rod will miss 3 games. So someone is going to have to be cut for that 3rd game. What will be interesting to see is how well he does. He has a big leg if I remember right. His range should be longer then hot rods. Rod I think has yet to even hit anything over 50 yards. We have a lot of guys on IR. Some big decisions coming up. I still think Strachan might get cut.

They are promoting Badgley from the practice squad to play tomorrow since Blankenship is out for awhile. 

I don't know what to expect from him. The Chargers released Badgley after week 1. In the first game he missed a field goal and extra point.  Difficult to tell if that was the reason he was released. 

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

They are promoting Badgley from the practice squad to play tomorrow since Blankenship is out for awhile. 

I don't know what to expect from him. The Chargers released Badgley after week 1. In the first game he missed a field goal and extra point.  Difficult to tell if that was the reason he was released. 

I'm guessing it was a pretty big factor

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a good point. Because Rod will miss 3 games. So someone is going to have to be cut for that 3rd game. What will be interesting to see is how well he does. He has a big leg if I remember right. His range should be longer then hot rods. Rod I think has yet to even hit anything over 50 yards. We have a lot of guys on IR. Some big decisions coming up. I still think Strachan might get cut.

Strachan could be cut and tried to sneak through waivers, same for Patmon. Harris will be cut for p.s. because we can not elevate him any longer so in limbo (We arent putting him on regular roster). Thinking Williams or Stallworth could be on cutting block. If mack is traded that does open up a spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Strachan could be cut and tried to sneak through waivers, same for Patmon. Harris will be cut for p.s. because we can not elevate him any longer so in limbo (We arent putting him on regular roster). Thinking Williams or Stallworth could be on cutting block. If mack is traded that does open up a spot.

Can a team really ever "sneak" a player through waivers? I hear that term a lot. 

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lol, yeah but imagine in today's league you'd just get notified of anything like that. If he makes it to your practice squad no one else wanted him. 

Well, yeah.  That's actually the joke.

5 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The Chargers didn't release Michael Badgley after Week 1, the Titans did - Tristan Vizcaino won the Chargers job in training camp and Badgley was among the final cuts. Tennessee signed him as their kicker was hurt, but released him after the 1st game when their starter returned.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Just to clear up any misconceptions; While it is true Blankenship hasn’t hit a FG of 50+ yards , that doesn’t mean he can’t ( he clanked one off the crossbar that was 50 yards and hit a 53 and 55 yarder at Georgia). He also made 200 straight extra points. 
    For those that are clamoring for another kicker, I think it could be a mistake to let him walk. Then again, it is the pros and the leash is shorter.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Just to clear up any misconceptions; While it is true Blankenship hasn’t hit a FG of 50+ yards , that doesn’t mean he can’t ( he clanked one off the crossbar that was 50 yards and hit a 53 and 55 yarder at Georgia). He also made 200 straight extra points. 
    For those that are clamoring for another kicker, I think it could be a mistake to let him walk. Then again, it is the pros and the leash is shorter.

Actually it’s not true he hit a 53 yarder last year.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kicker we have now is similar to Rigo, he is automatic within 45 so I think we will be ok. Just need to get the ball to around the 27 to be safe.

That’s Not going to cut it though you know. 

All-pro kicker, Josh Lambo, is likely to be cut by Jacksonville tomorrow.   I’d pick him up in a heartbeat.   Suspect Urban doesn’t like him and got in his head.  Top 5 kicker in NFL.  Hope Chris considers.  

59 minutes ago, Esquire59 said:

All-pro kicker, Josh Lambo, is likely to be cut by Jacksonville tomorrow.   I’d pick him up in a heartbeat.   Suspect Urban doesn’t like him and got in his head.  Top 5 kicker in NFL.  Hope Chris considers.  

Hard pass on lambo, I live 2 hours from Jville so get all their media. Word is he is shot...missed all 3 field goals and 2 of 7 pat's. Last season he hurt his hip, came back and rehurt it (Hip injury for a kicker...sounds familiar).   Kickers fall off fast remember (How can we forget Vinny falling off the cliff).

Badgley looked good, Im a Hot Rod fan but Im fine rolling with him for the time being