Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have we signed a new kicker?


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I liked Badgely when we had him in a couple years ago before the Chargers snatched him up.  Do we think he will be activated and do the kicking on Sunday?

According to Zak Keefer hot Rod might miss two games. We should just keep this guy on the PS. I don’t know why every team doesn’t have a backup kicker on their PS with all these new PS rules.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badgley is in a 2 game try out, if he is brought up more then 2 times from p.s. must be signed to regular roster which takes up a spot. I think he will do well and be signed (We have extra D line bodies we can shed) and get that 3rd game in before Hot Rod returns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Badgley is in a 2 game try out, if he is brought up more then 2 times from p.s. must be signed to regular roster which takes up a spot. I think he will do well and be signed (We have extra D line bodies we can shed) and get that 3rd game in before Hot Rod returns.

This is a good point. Because Rod will miss 3 games. So someone is going to have to be cut for that 3rd game. What will be interesting to see is how well he does. He has a big leg if I remember right. His range should be longer then hot rods. Rod I think has yet to even hit anything over 50 yards. We have a lot of guys on IR. Some big decisions coming up. I still think Strachan might get cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are promoting Badgley from the practice squad to play tomorrow since Blankenship is out for awhile. 

 

I don't know what to expect from him. The Chargers released Badgley after week 1. In the first game he missed a field goal and extra point.  Difficult to tell if that was the reason he was released. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

They are promoting Badgley from the practice squad to play tomorrow since Blankenship is out for awhile. 

 

I don't know what to expect from him. The Chargers released Badgley after week 1. In the first game he missed a field goal and extra point.  Difficult to tell if that was the reason he was released. 

I'm guessing it was a pretty big factor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a good point. Because Rod will miss 3 games. So someone is going to have to be cut for that 3rd game. What will be interesting to see is how well he does. He has a big leg if I remember right. His range should be longer then hot rods. Rod I think has yet to even hit anything over 50 yards. We have a lot of guys on IR. Some big decisions coming up. I still think Strachan might get cut.

Strachan could be cut and tried to sneak through waivers, same for Patmon. Harris will be cut for p.s. because we can not elevate him any longer so in limbo (We arent putting him on regular roster). Thinking Williams or Stallworth could be on cutting block. If mack is traded that does open up a spot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Strachan could be cut and tried to sneak through waivers, same for Patmon. Harris will be cut for p.s. because we can not elevate him any longer so in limbo (We arent putting him on regular roster). Thinking Williams or Stallworth could be on cutting block. If mack is traded that does open up a spot.

 

Can a team really ever "sneak" a player through waivers? I hear that term a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

 

Lol, yeah but imagine in today's league you'd just get notified of anything like that. If he makes it to your practice squad no one else wanted him. 

Well, yeah.  That's actually the joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, teganslaw said:

They are promoting Badgley from the practice squad to play tomorrow since Blankenship is out for awhile. 

 

I don't know what to expect from him. The Chargers released Badgley after week 1. In the first game he missed a field goal and extra point.  Difficult to tell if that was the reason he was released. 

The Chargers didn't release Michael Badgley after Week 1, the Titans did - Tristan Vizcaino won the Chargers job in training camp and Badgley was among the final cuts. Tennessee signed him as their kicker was hurt, but released him after the 1st game when their starter returned.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a good point. Because Rod will miss 3 games. So someone is going to have to be cut for that 3rd game. What will be interesting to see is how well he does. He has a big leg if I remember right. His range should be longer then hot rods. Rod I think has yet to even hit anything over 50 yards. We have a lot of guys on IR. Some big decisions coming up. I still think Strachan might get cut.

  Just to clear up any misconceptions; While it is true Blankenship hasn’t hit a FG of 50+ yards , that doesn’t mean he can’t ( he clanked one off the crossbar that was 50 yards and hit a 53 and 55 yarder at Georgia). He also made 200 straight extra points. 
    For those that are clamoring for another kicker, I think it could be a mistake to let him walk. Then again, it is the pros and the leash is shorter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

  Just to clear up any misconceptions; While it is true Blankenship hasn’t hit a FG of 50+ yards , that doesn’t mean he can’t ( he clanked one off the crossbar that was 50 yards and hit a 53 and 55 yarder at Georgia). He also made 200 straight extra points. 
    For those that are clamoring for another kicker, I think it could be a mistake to let him walk. Then again, it is the pros and the leash is shorter.

Actually it’s not true he hit a 53 yarder last year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kicker we have now is similar to Rigo, he is automatic within 45 so I think we will be ok. Just need to get the ball to around the 27 to be safe.

That’s Not going to cut it though you know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All-pro kicker, Josh Lambo, is likely to be cut by Jacksonville tomorrow.   I’d pick him up in a heartbeat.   Suspect Urban doesn’t like him and got in his head.  Top 5 kicker in NFL.  Hope Chris considers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Esquire59 said:

All-pro kicker, Josh Lambo, is likely to be cut by Jacksonville tomorrow.   I’d pick him up in a heartbeat.   Suspect Urban doesn’t like him and got in his head.  Top 5 kicker in NFL.  Hope Chris considers.  

Hard pass on lambo, I live 2 hours from Jville so get all their media. Word is he is shot...missed all 3 field goals and 2 of 7 pat's. Last season he hurt his hip, came back and rehurt it (Hip injury for a kicker...sounds familiar).   Kickers fall off fast remember (How can we forget Vinny falling off the cliff).

 

Badgley looked good, Im a Hot Rod fan but Im fine rolling with him for the time being

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...