Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Keke Coutee

compuls1v3

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Do we see him this game against the Texans?

Why not Strachan, I feel like we are sleeping on this kid,  he has done everything asked of him and has always showed up... yet he is shown the bench... he has made some of the best catches when contested, two of them on 3rd down for 1st downs. He has solid hands and mad hops let the man work on some in game route running... he's not soft like Campbell...he deserves more reps. We barely let him touch the field in Miami in front of his Dad for the first time ever...smh

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Why not Strachan, I feel like we are sleeping on this kid,  he has done everything asked of him and has always showed up... yet he is shown the bench... he has made some of the best catches when contested, two of them on 3rd down for 1st downs. He has solid hands and mad hops let the man work on some in game route running... he's not soft like Campbell...he deserves more reps. We barely let him touch the field in Miami in front of his Dad for the first time ever...smh

Ballard preaches competition but frequently shuts down opportunity... look how long it took to get Pryor starting over Davenport when anyone with eyes knew we needed to make that move...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Most likely Tell and the kicker will be the two players elevated this week. 

We may need another safety as well if Sendejo isnt cleared, Odum seeing the field is last resort. I.Campbell was put on I.R. yesterday so that leaves Jordan Lucas as most likely to be called up. 

On 10/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, holeymoley99 said:

We may need another safety as well if Sendejo isnt cleared, Odum seeing the field is last resort. I.Campbell was put on I.R. yesterday so that leaves Jordan Lucas as most likely to be called up. 

Lucas indeed has been called up, his best game as a pro was playoff game vs us when he was with KC. Should see some snaps, hope he can play as well as Sendejo did.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, Wentzszn said:

Most likely Tell and the kicker will be the two players elevated this week. 

If Rhodes is cleared, no reason for Tell, unless they've been playing him at Safety.

Whoever the S is, that's who we need to elevate.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:49 PM, compuls1v3 said:

Ah, good point @holeymoley99@TimetobringDfence! I like Strachan too, I just think Coutee would be a good slot receiver against his old team, and might be a good matchup.  I could be wrong though.

Really don't need Coutee with TY coming back. And if we can only elevate two, S and K are priority. 

It would be cool to see Coutee get off vs Houston. I'd prefer though to see Strachan get more targets right now though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Lucas indeed has been called up, his best game as a pro was playoff game vs us when he was with KC. Should see some snaps, hope he can play as well as Sendejo did.

LOL. Didn't see this. 

Not even sure I knew he was on the roster... 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL. Didn't see this. 

Not even sure I knew he was on the roster... 

He worked out the same day Sendejo did but club opted for Andrew then two weeks later signed Jordan ( Sept 29) so he has had two plus weeks to get playbook down. Doesnt have the pop Sendejo does but has much better speed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He worked out the same day Sendejo did but club opted for Andrew then two weeks later signed Jordan ( Sept 29) so he has had two plus weeks to get playbook down. Doesnt have the pop Sendejo does but has much better speed.

I read his history after I replied.

I came away with a huge feeling of "meh", but found a few things interesting.

• played CB 3 of 4 years before moving to S as a Senior (and got injured - shoulder surgery)
  • drafted in 2016 in the 6. bounced from Miami to KC, the released in 2019
  • opted out in 2020 so lost a year of development and is likely rusty
  • was IR'd then released/settled/waived from the Bears earlier this season

His draft profile said marginal speed and instincts. He didn't attend the combine, but his pro-day 40 was 4.45 which is not bad if true/accurate. They also said "hits like a cornerback" which is code for soft for a safety.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If Rhodes is cleared, no reason for Tell, unless they've been playing him at Safety.

Whoever the S is, that's who we need to elevate.

Really don't need Coutee with TY coming back. And if we can only elevate two, S and K are priority. 

It would be cool to see Coutee get off vs Houston. I'd prefer though to see Strachan get more targets right now though.

This comment was before TY was coming back…, cmon East!!!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

This comment was before TY was coming back…, cmon East!!!!

Sorry brother.

Didn't look at your time stamp, and we've known about TY returning for a bit, so assumed...

I do like the thought of Coutee sticking though if TY retires. If he can stay healthy, I think he'd be good with Wentz after a full off season. He and Campbell would make a nice 1-2 speed punch.

• Like 1