Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty is Back!!!


Shadow_Creek
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m pretty sure I read today that he has to go through waivers.

I think your right. This is his 4th season. So last year.  I forget where we are on the waiver wire. We should know soon because wasn’t he released yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think your right. This is his 4th season. So last year.  I forget where we are on the waiver wire. We should know soon because wasn’t he released yesterday?

I believe we are third.  I think he was released yesterday.  Maybe there is a chance we find out tonight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Great!

 

Can T.Y. play corner?

Or LT lol

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

He can still stretch the field and they'll respect him for it.  So can Campbell.

 

We haven't really used him much since 2018 to stretch the field. Even with a good OL.

I'll keep hoping though. He still has plenty enough speed to run a deep slant and break some LB ankles.

4 hours ago, Ratking said:

My guess is he plays limited snaps and isn't much of a factor in the game. Colts made a bad choice to bring him back. (I agreed with it at the time too though) 

I am guessing he struggles to regain his form post serious injury for the rest of the season and then retires. Which sucks cause I love me some TY.

I think it was the right call. We've been fine without him so far, but he will bring some added production in the flats and on the perimeter, and he should help draw some doubles (which have been going to Pittman). 

 

I agree also, he'll be on a snap count, but I could see him getting 50%, which is plenty in our rotation. It'll help immensely freeing up Campbell in the slot, and overall just a lot of added speed to slot and Z.

 

My only concern is that it might disrupt some chemistry that has started coming together. 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Campbell is on the verge of breaking out.

He has looked solid, and getting better and better. 

Still would like to see him on more deep slants and go routes. Not sure that's a Reich thing though even when our OL gets back to health.

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think Tell gets promoted this week and may play some if Rock and Rhodes remain out. Chesley and Bopete looked lost.

 

T.Y being activated may spell the end of Stallworth (7 DT's is a luxury we can't afford)

Just not so sure Tell is in the plans. We've brought in guys off the street that we've went to over Tell. And we chose Chachere over him to start on the 53. We would have likely kept Chachere over Tell on the PS had he not gotten grabbed by Philly. Trying to hold out hope for Tell a bit as I know the rust likely sat in last year, but my hope is dwindling. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I’m pretty sure I read today that he has to go through waivers.

Should be a FA (3 years vesting and he's played enough games in the the years).

But even if we did grab him, doubt he'd be playing early. Maybe an emergency guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Bob Condatta of the Seattle Times said that the waiver transaction went through Wednesday and any team claiming Flowers would find out Thursday.  He stated that Pete Carroll said he did not request his release.  This report was part of a Pro Football Rumors article a few hours ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bob Condatta of the Seattle Times said that the waiver transaction went through Wednesday and any team claiming Flowers would find out Thursday.  He stated that Pete Carroll said he did not request his release.  This report was part of a Pro Football Rumors article a few hours ago.

Good to know. So we should find out tomorrow. He is very tall so he kind of fits the mold. I read something today that he was the only player willing to talk about the Seattle bad defense. Seems like a ok guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Good to know. So we should find out tomorrow. He is very tall so he kind of fits the mold. I read something today that he was the only player willing to talk about the Seattle bad defense. Seems like a ok guy.

He does seem like a ok guy.  Of course I am hoping we get him.  Tomorrow is the day so we will know soon enough.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Rock went from “garbage” to “our best corner”. Makes me wonder how much is talent and how much is simply technique and communication.

     Example:  The first TD (long pass against BoPete #33). Why did Blackmon roll to that side? 
     Maybe they’ll pick up Flowers and maybe they’ll just coach these guys up but when they were healthy, they dominated Baltimore.

      Here’s hoping the secondary gets healthy and starts to gel.
    
    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

   Rock went from “garbage” to “our best corner”. Makes me wonder how much is talent and how much is simply technique and communication.

     Example:  The first TD (long pass against BoPete #33). Why did Blackmon roll to that side? 
     Maybe they’ll pick up Flowers and maybe they’ll just coach these guys up but when they were healthy, they dominated Baltimore.

      Here’s hoping the secondary gets healthy and starts to gel.
    
    

Rocks  problem was always technique then he would grabby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the Colts can go on a run and string up some consecutive wins. My biggest concern will continue to be Frank Reich. 

 

There's no doubt in my mind there is a lot of talent on this team. 

 

The Colts only real chance here is to win out vs the division and win quite a few other games. Injuries really screwed this team from day 1 of training camp. 

 

Here's hoping the season isn't completely over.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Maybe the Colts can go on a run and string up some consecutive wins. My biggest concern will continue to be Frank Reich. 

 

There's no doubt in my mind there is a lot of talent on this team. 

 

The Colts only real chance here is to win out vs the division and win quite a few other games. Injuries really screwed this team from day 1 of training camp. 

 

Here's hoping the season isn't completely over.

 

 

This video is good. Daniel and Colin mention how the colts are missing special players at key positions. EDGE, CB, LT and even mentions WR. The hard question here is how does Ballard justify paying Nelson that much money when that money can go to one of those key positions. Some tough questions need to be answered. Hopefully we have one  settled with Dayo and Paye.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a decent feeling about TY coming back. He’s not a short/intermediate pass catcher. Jacoby and Rivers did him no help. I think he’ll succeed some with Wentz and his ability to extend plays.

 

it’ll probably take some time but we’ll see

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I know much negativity will head my way for this...TY is a great team presence, yes - but will he take snaps away from the Colt's developing crop of younger receivers?

 

:hide:

 

You put the best player on the field 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I know much negativity will head my way for this...TY is a great team presence, yes - but will he take snaps away from the Colt's developing crop of younger receivers?

 

:hide:

If Reich does it right TY will just be a complimentary peace.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Lmao. Luck have regrets?

 

 

I think it's the exact opposite. Andrew most likely recommended retirement and T.Y. wasn't ready to retire.

 

So in the end, Luck supported T.Y.'s decision and I'm sure he just wanted him to get healthy and stay healthy.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Honestly I don’t think he’ll come back this week. I’d be shocked if he plays against the Texans or 49ers

Even if he doesn’t play just having him on the sideline will be a big boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I thought I read that Frank stated we probably won't see Dayo play at all this year.

No he said the opposite. He said he expects him to play. He can start practicing next week if he is ready.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...