Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay: we will win 2 superbowls in next 10 years


Happy2BeHere
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

I love Mr. Irsays' enthusiasm but after watching the same pathetic "no defense" performance Monday night that we have all seen way to often these past 48 years I don't see any chance for a sb victory over the next 10 years. And look at it this way, we had the best qb to ever play the game for 14 years and only won 1! The fan base is growing tired and weary of these ridiculous performances by the defense. Stop playing triple vanilla retreat and surrender defense. I thin k that was the worst defensive performance I have ever seen by a Colt team over these past 25 years or so. That was way worse than MJD's 300 yard rushing game for the jags a few years back. I could not believe how time and time again the Colts left someone, be it a back, te, or receiver so open there wasn't Colt in the picture. High schools play better defense. What is it about the nfl that we always play so bad against certain teams or players??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, #12. said:

Superbowl?  Two?  Ballard and Frank have basically turned into Grigson and Chuck   It's 2015 again.  Your QB looks good enough, but you have a garbage defense and an O-line which has tried mightily to end Wentz's career.  Also, as in the Chuck era, you can't beat a playoff team to save your lives.

We won 3 playoff games during the Grigson/Chuck era and went to a AFC Title Game. So your last sentence is a fail. Our O.Line will get better, we have key injuries right now, I thought they played well on Monday Night. Regarding the D, it is our Pass D that has killed us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stephen said:

The bills and ravens will be legit threats for years to come and kc. We have to beat those teams to have a chance at a Superbowl

True, we played the Ravens good the other night, they won by a hair and last year in the playoffs we played the Bills pretty even. We also beat KC the year they won the SB (they were great that year) with Jacoby at QB. Every team is beatable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

How did Nelson perform against Aaron Donald?

He played well, or at least I personally think so.

I wonder how Reed would have done though, for a lot less money? Nelson is a great player, and a good guy by all accounts. I have nothing against him. I just wonder if its smart to invest so much in a guard with limited impact on the game, who also has chronic back problems 

Kelly's high price tag and injury history worries me. I fear a return of the 2017 and 2018 Kelly. Branden appears to be following in his footsteps. I don't think its unreasonable to fear that the colts have invested too much in a low quality o line and a broke ankle linebacker, when other teams have smartly invested in skill players that fit a modern pass centric league better. But what do I know, I confused pro bowl and all pro voting. lol. 

 

Here for the chicks

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We won 3 playoff games during the Grigson/Chuck era and went to a AFC Title Game. So your last sentence is a fail. Our O.Line will get better, we have key injuries right now, I thought they played well on Monday Night. Regarding the D, it is our Pass D that has killed us.

I think the linebackers inability to cover the middle of the field killed us, just as bad as the secondary did. Broke ankle and O'Idontcaretosay couldn't cover Mark Andrews if their lives depended on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ratking said:

The problem is who was contributing for that o-line on Monday? (Not the guys the Colts are looking to sink a fortune into)

 

Nelson and Smith were out. 

 

Nelson was replaced by a U.D.F.A, without much notice, and has chronic back issues.

 

Smith just got a big contract he hasn't lived up to.

 

And Fisher, who played badly, may move on to another team for more money if he regains his pre injury form...or gets cut if he continues to play poorly for the rest of the season. 

 

Also, the o-line's core (Nelson, Kelly, Smith) so called "elite" period can be called into question by the lack of quality teams in their schedule the last couple of years. (look it up) 

 

Hard to live up to expectations without being on the field. Smith absolutely earned that contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Hard to live up to expectations without being on the field. Smith absolutely earned that contract. 

I guess...Smith did. He has been healthy most of his time as a Colt at least. 

 

Colts strength of schedule:

2017-32 (easiest) 

2018-22

2019-7

2020-32 (easiest)

 

I hope the colts weak schedule hasn't gotten some average lineman overpaid/overvalued. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ratking said:

I guess...Smith did. He has been healthy most of his time as a Colt at least. 

 

Colts strength of schedule:

2017-32 (easiest) 

2018-22

2019-7

2020-32 (easiest)

 

I hope the colts weak schedule hasn't gotten some average lineman overpaid/overvalued. 

 

The easiest schedule has nothing to do with 1 on 1 match ups though. Smith gave up how many sacks last year? Pretty sure it was like 1 or 2. 

 

We can't just expect not to pay quality lineman and go cheaper. Just ask Andrew Luck. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

The easiest schedule has nothing to do with 1 on 1 match ups though. Smith gave up how many sacks last year? Pretty sure it was like 1 or 2. 

 

We can't just expect not to pay quality lineman and go cheaper. Just ask Andrew Luck. 

The only thing I would ask Andrew Luck advice for is how to pull out of commitments last minute. But, I do remember the o-line in those days and they were brutal to watch. 

 

During my rant, I hadn't considered how many sacks Smith gave up last year honestly. But your right, even against a poor schedule 1 or 2 sacks is awesome. And, his overall injury record is good. I will admit defeat on that. 

 

However, Kelly is well paid, and too often banged up. And Nelsons back, and the overall impact of a guard worry me when considering what it will cost to resign him. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ratking said:

The only thing I would ask Andrew Luck advice for is how to pull out of commitments last minute. But, I do remember the o-line in those days and they were brutal to watch. 

 

During my rant, I hadn't considered how many sacks Smith gave up last year honestly. But your right, even against a poor schedule 1 or 2 sacks is awesome. And, his overall injury record is good. I will admit defeat on that. 

 

However, Kelly is well paid, and too often banged up. And Nelsons back, and the overall impact of a guard worry me when considering what it will cost to resign him. 

 

 

I agree with being worried about Nelson and Kelly. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

Not w/ Reich and co.

We can win 1, 2 I seriously doubt. We just need another playmaker at WR and a shutdown Corner. Doug Pederson won a SB in Philly with Nick Foles in a playoff run, anything is possible. Reich was on that staff by the way as OC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can win 1, 2 I seriously doubt. We just need another playmaker at WR and a shutdown Corner. Doug Pederson won a SB in Philly with Nick Foles in a playoff run, anything is possible. Reich was on that staff by the way as OC. 

Pederson had the #1 OL, #4 defense, and #3 rushing attack that year too...... Folks always forget about the D that year.

 

The OL and rushing attack might get there soon for us, but our D has a long way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did any of you see the crowd pep talk video by irsay on the big screens at the game today. Feel like it might belong on a cringeworthy Reddit sub. Asked us to get wide eyed crazy. But hey, count my vote for the “appreciates an owner who wants to win” crowd. Glad it isn’t just business.  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...