Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kicker Try outs


Wentzszn
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Can't they sign Eddy Pineiro? I believe he is on the practice squad of some other team. 

If he is on a PS he has to agree to leave. 
 

Zak Keefer said this morning that Rigo actually does practice FG in practice. Thought that was a interesting tid bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Can't they sign Eddy Pineiro? I believe he is on the practice squad of some other team. 

He was my choice,may he isnt vaccinated however....he isnt on any P.S.

 

Badgley is 30/30 from under 40 on his career just cant hit well over that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He was my choice,may he isnt vaccinated however....he isnt on any P.S.

 

Badgley is 30/30 from under 40 on his career just cant hit well over that

I’m gonna be honest, 30/30 under 40 is nice, but how often do you see under 40 kicks? Maybe 50% of the time, max?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Can't they sign Eddy Pineiro? I believe he is on the practice squad of some other team. 

I think he was released from Washington’s practice squad. I agree with you, though. I think he’s the guy we should look at bringing back in. He has a huge leg.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

They are going to be limited because it has to be a kicker that is vaccinated.

Hot Rod will probably be going on IR.

Am I missing something here? Why does the kicker, if they sign one, have to be vaxxed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Am I missing something here? Why does the kicker, if they sign one, have to be vaxxed? 

Im assuming the protocols for unvaxxed players wont allow him to play sunday, I might be wrong someone will probably correct me if I am

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Am I missing something here? Why does the kicker, if they sign one, have to be vaxxed? 

If he isn’t vaxed he would have to go through testing for 4 or 5 days before entering the facility. Unless it is one off a PS that has already been in protocol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do posters in this thread understand Rod  is hurt?

 

We’re not doing a tryout because we don’t like him or he’s not good.   We’re doing a tryout because he’s hurt and likely can’t kick for us for a game or more.    

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do posters in this thread understand Rid is hurt?

 

We’re not doing a tryout because we don’t like him or he’s not good.   We’re doing a tryout because he’s hurt and likely can’t kick for us for a game or more. 

 

Do you understand that some, including myself, simply are not sold on him as a long term solution? I've been iffy on him since the day he took over, long before this hip injury. 

 

Literally only one person made a post in this thread about replacing him permanently. I think maybe you're carrying over frustration from some comments in other threads into this one

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, J@son said:

 

Do you understand that some, including myself, simply are not sold on him as a long term solution? I've been iffy on him since the day he took over, long before this hip injury. 

 

Literally only one person made a post in this thread about replacing him permanently. I think maybe you're carrying over frustration from some comments in other threads into this one

He is accurate but cant hit 50+ which immediately puts us at at disadvantage against teams that can hit from that distance which are 80% of the other teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m gonna be honest, 30/30 under 40 is nice, but how often do you see under 40 kicks? Maybe 50% of the time, max?

Nice to have automatic though at a range then knowing % goes down longer than having to hold breath at any range. Rojas has a leg, also run in with law on hit and run on his rap sheet I believe. Patterson was a scoring machine at Memphis, one of all time scoring leaders in NCAA history. Again assuming all brought in are vaxxed and ready to go and some names who havent are not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ProblChld32 said:

What happened to the kid we had during the preseason? He was pretty good if I remember correctly he didn’t miss not one kick all preseason.

He is a FA. But maybe he doesn’t want to play or isn’t vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I forgot about the PS rules. So hot Rod wouldn’t have to go on IR.

 

 

But if Badgely to P.S. he can only be elevated twice then would have to be signed, thinking may be Hot Rot is ready in 3 weeks. Other option is Hot Rod to IR for 3 games then Badgley  cut when he is ready. Bad thing about P.S. we can only activate so many players per week and Badgley would be a must for each limiting 1 spot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, J@son said:

 

Do you understand that some, including myself, simply are not sold on him as a long term solution? I've been iffy on him since the day he took over, long before this hip injury. 

 

Literally only one person made a post in this thread about replacing him permanently. I think maybe you're carrying over frustration from some comments in other threads into this one

People here are making comments about who they like or don’t like….  As if there are better options.    This is what happens when your kicker gets hurt in season.    The pickings are slim.    And people are taking shots at those who are trying out.         :facepalm:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

But if Badgely to P.S. he can only be elevated twice then would have to be signed, thinking may be Hot Rot is ready in 3 weeks. Other option is Hot Rod to IR for 3 games then Badgley  cut when he is ready. Bad thing about P.S. we can only activate so many players per week and Badgley would be a must for each limiting 1 spot

Yeah it’s probably nothing serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

People here are making comments about who they like or don’t like….  As if there are better options.    This is what happens when your kicker gets hurt in season.    The pickings are slim.    And people are taking shots at those who are trying out.         :facepalm:

 

ah, I got you now.  your first post was just ambiguous enough that I read it as you were defending hot rod against those who think he should be replaced permanently.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reich said him and Ballard will talk later today on whether to put Hot Rod on IR. With the expanded PS I am shocked teams don’t put a kicker on the PS. It just protects you if there is a injury to your kicker the day before a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J@son said:

 

Do you understand that some, including myself, simply are not sold on him as a long term solution? I've been iffy on him since the day he took over, long before this hip injury. 

 

Literally only one person made a post in this thread about replacing him permanently. I think maybe you're carrying over frustration from some comments in other threads into this one

 

I personally was hoping the colts would have spent a late pick on that kicker from Florida but doubled Ballard would......anyway, I think the Bengals grabbed him in the 4th? That was earlier than I expected. 

 

And yeah I agree about your concerns on Blankenship.....a kicker that lacks a strong leg is even more iffy in december/January in inclimate weather.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LMAO!

 

You guys think they are gonna permanently replace Specs? 

 

The guy that was pretty much perfect until he injured himself? The guy that they keep saying has added considerable power to his kicks? At this point I feel that it is an obligation of mine to come in and here and point out the absurdity of some of these claims. What a joke.

 

If they let Brissett finish an entire season, they are going to let our kicker finish. As soon as he is healthy is back, and is a top 10 kicker. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

What happened to the kid we had during the preseason? He was pretty good if I remember correctly he didn’t miss not one kick all preseason.

Pressure...he has been in pressure spots alot but when he is it's not good usually...

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

LMAO!

 

You guys think they are gonna permanently replace Specs? 

 

The guy that was pretty much perfect until he injured himself? The guy that they keep saying has added considerable power to his kicks? At this point I feel that it is an obligation of mine to come in and here and point out the absurdity of some of these claims. What a joke.

 

If they let Brissett finish an entire season, they are going to let our kicker finish. As soon as he is healthy is back, and is a top 10 kicker. 

What's the injury where is this MRI result...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

If he is on a PS he has to agree to leave. 
 

Zak Keefer said this morning that Rigo actually does practice FG in practice. Thought that was a interesting tid bit.

 

I would say not unusual though, Pat did it too. Normally they only get a handful so if the scenario on Monday happens. But you dont want your punter doing both or else major issue would arise if he gets hurt or leg worn out. Plus his holding is a key piece.

 

3 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Ugh, I hate having inconsistent kicking. Hot Rod may not be perfect, but I trust him on anything 50 or shorter. I don’t trust any of the guys listed above on literally anything.

 

As other has said, injured only reason, and as someone else has said that blocked FG is on Davenport for being terrible. Even over 50 there are maybe 5 players in the league I would trust to hit that, most will not (Prater, Tucker, McMahon are the 3 for sure I would). 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I forgot about the PS rules. So hot Rod wouldn’t have to go on IR.

 

 

 

Hey I got a fist bump from him back when he was with us!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

 

Good short term replacement while Blankenship heals up, with no expectations of this becoming a permanent switch unless Rigo's injury lingers or Badgley suddenly becomes dynamic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Good short term replacement while Blankenship heals up, with no expectations of this becoming a permanent switch unless Rigo's injury lingers or Badgley suddenly becomes dynamic.

I could see him hitting some longer FG that hot Rod hasnt and a tough decision has to be made. He has a big leg I believe. Teams should keep a kicker on the PS with the new rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...