Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's MY QB

bsteves

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The next step is to increase the number of tds thrown while continuing to keep interceptions low

Next step is consistency with his footwork and fewer passes sailed IMO.

But so far so good... I've liked what I've been seeing from him in general over the last 3 weeks. Can it be better? Sure... Is his play promising? Absolutely. 

21 hours ago, DrColtsFan said:

Things Wentz is doing better than I expected: throwing the long ball, avoiding interceptions, the over the receiver’s outside shoulder throw. Things Wentz is doing worse than I expected, being oblivious to the oncoming pass rash, using mobility to move out of collapsed pocket, using the right touch on the quick 5/7 yard slants or the 10-11 yard dig routes. 

I've always admired his throws on deep passes.  The guy has always been able to put it down the field and has the arm where he doesn't have to worry about time, i.e. the WR outrunning his arm if he doesn't get it out quick enough.

Wentz is not really a concern, outside of the fact he needs to be coached constantly to focus on playing smart.  The guy is just wired to try to win every play and that can be counterproductive with turnovers as well as causing injuries.  Sometimes you need to just throw it away and over the course of the season doing that will prevent a lot of unnecessary hits and hopefully allow him to stay healthy.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, Nesjan3 said:

How exactly is the season done? Its week 6 in a 17 week season dude

Exactly, for all we know, they could finish 13-4. Probably won't, but still mathematically possible. I'm thinking 10-7 is more realistic. Whatever the final record, all they need to do is win the division.

In Wentz, I think we have a skillset that is very comparable to Andrew Luck. Luck was an improviser who took some risks to extend a play; same for Wentz. I think the two are also very comparable in terms of athleticism, mobility, arm strength, mental processing, and accuracy.

32 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

What I really have liked from Wentz these last few weeks is he hasn’t put his body in danger. He is being smart. He isn’t trying to play hero.

There was that one horse collar player against Justin Houston where he didn’t want to take a sack. 

23 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

frankly I think the Colts got a steal in him and the Eagles fans at least seem to be having sellers remorse.  

Most are in the denial denial phase right now. Using so many excuses why he's playing better here it's kinda funny/sad tbh lol.

Archived